• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: Month of July.....

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand and agree there, but still, there is speculation, so I'm considering (maybe hoping) that his inclusion is a sign of voters coming to terms with the whole PED issue. Probably not, though. Bunch of crusty old fucks saying "if Rose isn't in, neither is Bonds," even though the two situations are completely different.

I hear ya.

Then there are also those going "If Shoeless Joe ain't in, then Rose should never get in."

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jes sumtyne.

Y tu, chico?

Here's the thing, I bring up a completely reasonable question about HOF voting and PED speculation.

Instead of acknowledging the facts that there is Piazza PED speculation, and he's in the HOF, and then considering what that means for future HOF candidates, you go the "Slinky's angry, drunk and hates the Mets," none of which are true.

Thicken your skin.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm gonna assume I didn't win the weekly Pick'ems

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing, I bring up a completely reasonable question about HOF voting and PED speculation.

Instead of acknowledging the facts that there is Piazza PED speculation, and he's in the HOF, and then considering what that means for future HOF candidates, you go the "Slinky's angry, drunk and hates the Mets," none of which are true.

Thicken your skin.

Hahahahaha...you bring up garbage...you get garbage thrown back atcha...

STFU...and stop crying...

My goodness...you sure are one ostentatious little cus, aren't ya???

Just acknowledge the greatness of Mike Piazza...and move on...that's all.

Thanks.

:suds:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way to tell is to open all those threads in separate windows at the same time....

Eh. I'm a busy man.

I was nine back after Friday's games, and then proceeded to go sub-.500 for the weekend.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahaha...you bring up garbage...you get garbage thrown back atcha...

STFU...and stop crying...

My goodness...you sure are one ostentatious little cus, aren't ya???

Just acknowledge the greatness of Mike Piazza...and move on...that's all.

Thanks.

:suds:

I'm the one crying? That's beyond the pot calling the kettle black. That's like the pot snatching the kettle from its homeland and forcing it to work in the fields for free.

I'm not even attacking Mike Piazza, or saying that he shouldn't be in HOF -- he should have been elected a couple of years ago -- I'm discussing the HOF and how it has and will react to PED usage and you've gone all Chris Croker on me.

Here's a question for you @yoga≈surfing.

Following are Piazza's ranks among HOF catchers in various categories:

BA - 3rd
OBP - 5th
SLG - 1st
OPS - 1st
H - 3rd
HR - 1st
RBI - 2nd

He was likely the best hitting catcher of all time. Why do you suppose it took four tries for him to get into the HOF?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. I'm a busy man.

I was nine back after Friday's games, and then proceeded to go sub-.500 for the weekend.
You guys pick.every game all.year long right? Even guessing that's a lot of time imo. Like the same reason I avoid fantasy sports....to be good and.win money takes too much time. I also love too much telling people point blank I don't give a fuck about their fantasy team while they are discussing it with enthusiasm

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the one crying? That's beyond the pot calling the kettle black. That's like the pot snatching the kettle from its homeland and forcing it to work in the fields for free.

I'm not even attacking Mike Piazza, or saying that he shouldn't be in HOF -- he should have been elected a couple of years ago -- I'm discussing the HOF and how it has and will react to PED usage and you've gone all Chris Croker on me.

Here's a question for you @yoga≈surfing.

Following is Piazza's rank among HOF catchers in these categories:

BA - 3rd
OBP - 5th
SLG - 1st
OPS - 1st
H - 3rd
HR - 1st
RBI - 2nd

He was likely the best hitting catcher of all time. Why do you suppose it took four tries for him to get into the HOF?

Oh please will you kindly enlighten us with your wisdom on this one??

:pound:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys pick.every game all.year long right? Even guessing that's a lot of time imo. Like the same reason I avoid fantasy sports....to be good and.win money takes too much time. I also love too much telling people point blank I don't give a fuck about their fantasy team while they are discussing it with enthusiasm

Yeah, it's a lot of effort to only be right 52% of the time. It's more fun to get to temporarily smack talk some people after you luck up and win a week. I stopped doing fantasy stuff after my kids were born.

Some days, I just pick based on team colors, or which teams have "R's" in their mascot names. I seem to do better on those days than when I check out lineups, pitchers, and head-to-head records.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please will you kindly enlighten us with your wisdom on this one??

:pound:

I asked for your opinion, and I'm not surprised you're ducking the question.

Why do you think the best hitting catcher of all time wasn't a 1st or 2nd ballot HOFer?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some days, I just pick based on team colors, or which teams have "R's" in their mascot names. I seem to do better on those days than when I check out lineups, pitchers, and head-to-head records.

At the end of the season, I'm going to let you all know what my system has been this year. You'll get a laugh.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked for your opinion, and I'm not surprised you're ducking the question.

Why do you think the best hitting catcher of all time wasn't a 1st or 2nd ballot HOFer?

I'm not ducking anything....I'm jus not playing your silly game.

According to you it must have been a plot and was a subterfuge....or maybe a political +/or public relations decision.

Get over it, bro...he's in...and deservedly so.

Props to #31

and props to Griffey Jr. too.

Last edited:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Mike Piazza as a kid (or hearing his name) always made me want pizza.

For that alone I think he belongs in Cooperstown.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slinky: People have speculated that Mike Piazza took steroids and he's now in the HOF. I wonder what this means for other PED-linked players as it relates to their future election to the hall?

Yoga: YOU'RE DRUNK! AND ANGRY!

Slinky: No, I'm neither. I'm just hoping guys like Bonds and Clemens make it into the HOF, and it's possible that Piazza's inclusion is a step in that direction.

Yoga: THIS IS GARBAGE! WE SHOULD JUST SIT HERE, BE HAPPY FOR MIKE, AND IMAGINE WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE IN THE SHOWER!

Slinky: Okay. Piazza was the best hitting catcher of all time, why wasn't he inducted sooner?

Yoga:
958952-duck.jpg

Slinky: Not surprising. Seriously, why do you think he wasn't a 1st or 2nd ballot guy, he was certainly qualified.

Yoga:
17xh3d.jpg

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ducking anything....I'm jus not playing your silly game.

According to you it must have been a plot and was a subterfuge....or maybe a political +/or public relations decision.

Get over it, bro...he's in...and deservedly so.

Props to #31

and props to Griffey Jr. too.

I'm beginning to think you're on an ether binge.

Me get over it? I said that based on his numbers, he might be a legitimate 1st ballot HOFer, so now I need to get over the fact that he was inducted to the HOF?

Thicken your skin.