• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's Official Bitch About tHe Warriors Superthread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always hate this excuse. Same one we hear about the Giants with so much of their failure being Bochy's fault. In my opinion its on the players. They are paid to perform and when they don't its on them.

I think the coach or the manager, with a few exception like Bellichick, have very little impact upon the performance of his team other than to devise ways to get the best results out of them. In fact, I think Kerr gets too much credit in general for them winning but I certainly don't blame him for their lackadaisical play and failure in the clutch this year.

Isn’t the best way to get the best performance of the team to put them in the best positions to succeed? That’s harder to do when on a nightly basis you have to reconfigure how you play based on who’s out on the court. There’s a night and day difference between McCaw, Casspi and Swaggys game. There’s a significant difference between Javale, Bell and Looney. That matters when you’re trying to run an offense.

Ultimately I agree with you about the lack of execution. But The reason I mention it is because it’s tangible. Effort and mistakes vary from game to game. But I believe that continuity and defined roles help to bridge some of the mental errors because they know more what to expect out there. Repetition is key.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t the best way to get the best performance of the team to put them in the best positions to succeed? That’s harder to do when on a nightly basis you have to reconfigure how you play based on who’s out on the court. There’s a night and day difference between McCaw, Casspi and Swaggys game. There’s a significant difference between Javale, Bell and Looney. That matters when you’re trying to run an offense.

Ultimately I agree with you about the lack of execution. But The reason I mention it is because it’s tangible. Effort and mistakes vary from game to game. But I believe that continuity and defined roles help to bridge some of the mental errors because they know more what to expect out there. Repetition is key.

Pearls before swine, City. This guy's level of understanding is no more than 'muh effort! chokers! muh heart'

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough. Perhaps he is still trying to define those roles and hasn't found the correct mix yet.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Perhaps he is still trying to define those roles and hasn't found the correct mix yet.

mcd.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The issue I have with Kerr is that it takes him way too long to find that mix

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched this one in a restaurant with the TV next to it tuned to the SC-Stanford game so didn't really focus on how the Dubs played defense but I did see some really good ball movement and players cutting and screening off the ball. Best I've seen in a while. And the results bear that out.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one cares about your life story

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gripe about the Warriors is mostly with Kerr.

Steve Kerr is not the Warriors problem...Steph Curry is. He's holding back Swaggy P.

I'm pretty sure that, if the Warriors call Magic, he may consider giving up Luol Deng for him just to help you guys out. Magic's a real stand up guy like that. It's why everyone loves him, even Celtics fans.

By making that trade, it will free up Swaggy P to be your starting 2 guard, which he should be anyway.

Luol Deng is also well rested to help with your championship run. :thumb:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Kerr is not the Warriors problem...Steph Curry is. He's holding back Swaggy P.

I'm pretty sure that, if the Warriors call Magic, he may consider giving up Luol Deng for him just to help you guys out. Magic's a real stand up guy like that. It's why everyone loves him, even Celtics fans.

By making that trade, it will free up Swaggy P to be your starting 2 guard, which he should be anyway.

Luol Deng is also well rested to help with your championship run. :thumb:

OK I'm pretty stoned but even I'm not this stoned :heh:

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Kerr is looking at different rotations and how players play with each other. Early in the season (until March or so) should be focused on figuring out rotations and how teams fit together. (for the 4-5 good teams that actually have a chance to win something) Lue has done this pretty well with the Cavs after their early struggles.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kerr is looking at different rotations and how players play with each other. Early in the season (until March or so) should be focused on figuring out rotations and how teams fit together. (for the 4-5 good teams that actually have a chance to win something) Lue has done this pretty well with the Cavs after their early struggles.

Not to take anything away from Lue, and not to further derail this Warriors thread, but LeBron is reminding us who's still the best player on the planet. Maybe not much longer, but the present is the present.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to take anything away from Lue, and not to further derail this Warriors thread, but LeBron is reminding us who's still the best player on the planet. Maybe not much longer, but the present is the present.

But not staring Wade ... and keeping him with the 2nd team ... is an interesting move by Lue. (FYI -- from the start, I thought this made the most sense ... have Wade run the 2nd team when Lebron is out)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not staring Wade ... and keeping him with the 2nd team ... is an interesting move by Lue. (FYI -- from the start, I thought this made the most sense ... have Wade run the 2nd team when Lebron is out)

Completely agree. Lue gets credit there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I'm pretty stoned but even I'm not this stoned :heh:

It was the Celtics fans loving Magic part wasn't it? Thought I might have been overselling with that one.

Knew I should have left that part out. :tsk:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazed that the Warriors can't put away a sorry bunch like the Heat. No flow to the offense, not much defense and no continuity.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There we go. Good start to the 3rd quarter.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before @Montalban

My sources say Curry will miss most of the rest of the season. The Warriors are known for understating injuries. So now we limp to a 6 seed and a sad first round exit. As you all know I've never made a bad prediction about the Warriors.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue I have with Kerr is that it takes him way too long to find that mix
Sometimes the line ups he chooses don't necessarily align with the opponent. For example, he'll stay with pachulia even when the opponent has a more athletic center on the floor. Pachulia is going to lose that match up every time.
So, why not go with one of the more athletic centers like McGee or Looney? I really believe if he tinkered with that starting line up in that regard it would help prevent other teams from jumping out to a double digit lead which causes the Dubs to constantly play from behind.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before @Montalban

My sources say Curry will miss most of the rest of the season. The Warriors are known for understating injuries. So now we limp to a 6 seed and a sad first round exit. As you all know I've never made a bad prediction about the Warriors.
Man I hope you are wrong but that ankle twist looked pretty bad.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange how a team could be so bad and so disinterested in the first half and then completly turn it around in the 2nd.