• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monta looked GOOD last night

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Curry on the bench, Monta showed he can be a valuable point guard. There were times that he was dishing and distributing as if he didn't have the ability to shoot (which we all know he does).

Late in the fourth, when he drove to the baseline and laid a perfect pass into the hands of _avid Lee (he gets his lowercase 'd' back because he is trying to play defense lately), it looked like a play that a true point guard would make. Last year, Monta would have tried to shoot that ball himself.

Even though the Warriors have Ish Smith and Charles Jenkins on the roster, it is obvious that Monta should be the guy to take most of the point guard minutes if (or when) Curry goes down again. Smith and Jenkins can be the guys who spell Curry and Monta when both are healthy.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that too. The only difference is that I remember Ellis doing that towards the end of last season also. It struck up about 10000 different debates about E vs C on that other board last season. I'm not going to be the one to strike it up this season, however I will say that Ellis has the elite quickness at the pg spot, as well as the elite scoring ability in the lane to collapse the defense. His defense wouldn't be suspect if he was guarding other pg's as well, it'd be actually considered top notch.
Doesn't Curry have all the trade value?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, but for the first time I'm beginning to think about trading Monta. I reserve the right to change my mind, but the Ws may be better without him. We will see if he commits to defense.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's funny, but for the first time I'm beginning to think about trading Monta. I reserve the right to change my mind, but the Ws may be better without him. We will see if he commits to defense.

Something is going to have to be done at some point. A big trade WILL have to be made. Golden State needs to shake things up in a big way. They have two players who are, for all intents and purposes, identical in Monta and Curry. They need to match one of those guys with a bigger shooting guard who can play lock-down defense.

Honestly, what the Warriors need is to trade _avid Lee. The guy just isn't good enough to warrant the kind of money they are giving him and until they free themselves of his albatross, they will not win anything. Don't get me wrong, I think Lee is a solid player in the NBA, but he's not a max money talent. Never has been and never will be. If he were making $9 mil or even $10 mil, he might be OK. But pulling down $12 mil this year with a contract that will eventually pay him $16 mil per season, he should be mentioned in the same breath as guys like Pau Gasol and Blake Griffin and Danny Granger. Instead, he's lumped in with guys like Anderon Varejao and Kris Humphries and Carl Landry. Would ANY team in the NBA give Carl Landry a 6-year, $84 million contract? I don't think so.