• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monta in Milwaukee

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stats are not looking so great so far...perhaps not a good fit?

retech

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since his arrival, he is shooting:

FG: 26/76, 0.342
3PT: 2/11, 0.182

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's anything that I know about Monta in his 7+ years here with the Warriors is that those numbers will not be the norm. He's been traded to a new team, with unfamiliar teammates, a new coaching system, and trying to adjust to living in a different city. All this while uprooting his family and making plans for the future, all in the span of a few weeks. Trades are never easy on players.

Monta may be better in a more uptempo offense, but he's adept at getting to the rim and his shooting will come around. I haven't seen any of his bucks games, except for the one against the Warriors, but I think it's safe to assume he's trying to fit in as much as possible first.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's anything that I know about Monta in his 7+ years here with the Warriors is that those numbers will not be the norm. He's been traded to a new team, with unfamiliar teammates, a new coaching system, and trying to adjust to living in a different city. All this while uprooting his family and making plans for the future, all in the span of a few weeks. Trades are never easy on players.

Monta may be better in a more uptempo offense, but he's adept at getting to the rim and his shooting will come around. I haven't seen any of his bucks games, except for the one against the Warriors, but I think it's safe to assume he's trying to fit in as much as possible first.

that's all well and good, makes perfect sense.

but my question was more towards do you think he fits in with Jennings in the back court?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's all well and good, makes perfect sense.

but my question was more towards do you think he fits in with Jennings in the back court?

I anticipate them having many of the same problems the Warriors had with Ellis. Jennings is a volume shooting PG, who isn't a very good facilitator. Having two perimeter players taking the majority of your shots isn't a long term solution. I believe having a balanced scoring attack is optimal, but on talent alone they should be able to win a lot of games together.

I really think the Bucks are hedging their bets with Jennings probably going to leave after his contract expires. Monta is a better player than Jennings and I think they'll try to move Jennings at some point next year if they get an opportunity to get some quality players in return.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bucks need to get bigger
8:31
AM ET
Milwaukee Bucks
TopEmailCommentsRecommend0

Milwaukee Bucks general manager John Hammond said that a priority this offseason will be adding size to the roster, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Charles Gardner. Coach Scotty Skiles agrees.

"We need size everywhere," Skiles said. "Most games, right at the jump ball, when you look at the two teams, the other team is noticeably bigger than us at almost every position on the floor.

"It's just something that has to be addressed. The guys know it, too. They know we need to get bigger."

They traded away their only true big man in Andrew Bogut, which has left their frontcourt undersized. That's where they likely will aim to add size, because their two best players (Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings) will be on the court when it matters most, despite being undersized (Ellis is 6-foot-3, Jennings is 6-foot-1).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now the Bucks are Feeling the what we were going through! Lets Just Hope Bogut can stay Healthy and put up All star numbers again. If he does the Warriors got the best in this trade. It will be a long hard road for the Bucks till they get that big man... we know how that feels... I just think Monta needs to be paired up with a big point guard or come off the bench.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some Bucks scribe is throwing out stupid rumors now

[MEDIA=twitter]197737687455776769[/MEDIA]

"I was told Monta Ellis wouldn't give GS officials a firm commitment he would re-up with team."

Um, dude. Monta had 2.5 years left (plus a player option) on his deal when he was traded. The fact that he would not commit to re-signing with the team is the LAST reason they were shopping him a few months ago.

Moron.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@KillaCam:

Twitter is THIS incarnate.

And yeah, that doesn't mean I don't have a twitter, but I only have it so I can stay up to date on breaking sports news.... right?
<.<
>.>

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He must think he can get at least 5/$60 from somebody. I enjoy Monta's game, but that is a lot to spend on a 6th-man for a championship team (so he'll end up in the same situation he has been in most of his career, just with more money). I think he is capable of adapting his game to be a great starting PG, but you would think he would've already done that at this point. Of course, he had Baron, Steph and BJ blocking the best-case scenario for that transformation, and it seems like he still thinks he is a go-to, iso-me shooting guard. Good luck, Monta. I hope your quickness lasts longer than it does for most guys.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must think he can get at least 5/$60 from somebody. I enjoy Monta's game, but that is a lot to spend on a 6th-man for a championship team (so he'll end up in the same situation he has been in most of his career, just with more money). I think he is capable of adapting his game to be a great starting PG, but you would think he would've already done that at this point. Of course, he had Baron, Steph and BJ blocking the best-case scenario for that transformation, and it seems like he still thinks he is a go-to, iso-me shooting guard. Good luck, Monta. I hope your quickness lasts longer than it does for most guys.

He's not going to get nearly the average annual salary, but I could see him getting around 4 yrs 40M. I have a feeling teams are going to look at him like Jamal Crawford and pay him at that going rate. Although at the same time, it may not be all about $$$ for Monta. Would you give up 3 yrs 36M for 4 yrs 40M but get to leave Milwaukee for lets say Atlanta?