• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday night will be tough to watch

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any sports fan in their right mind is going to choose the World Series game.

True, but not all sports fans have hundreds of dollars to spend on seeing just one game. The better bet is watching the RAMS for a whole lot cheaper.

After the way the Cards played last night, I don't see this series competative anymore. Sox will probably SWEEP the Series.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be there. Five tickets for $40 to watch the best team in the league and my favorite player is an incredible deal. And it might be empty enough to leave my cheap seat and sit near the field.

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like how LA "supported" the Rams during the Dickerson years. They had arguably the best player in the game and won at least 9 games or more 4 times is 5 years yet only averaged 54,162 per game in the 2nd largest market in the country. A city about 5 times the size of St. Louis averaged the 15th best attendance in the league in that time frame. We don't need to be lectured about supporting our team beacuse they didn't get the greatest support in LA either even when they were winning.

At least in LA they were winning. The only reason ST. L got the RAMS was because Georgia "How I hated her for moving the RAMS to St. L. wanted to move home.

Not lecturing you on the support, just stating facts. I live in New Mexico where we don't even have a pro sport team.

How I wish we would get one. I see the NFL having games in all parts of the world, but why not give those states, cities that don't have team a chance to have an exhibition game. What would it hurt. I guarantee you this those cities would jump at a chance to get an NFL team and be happy with them.

I see teams that have losing records, but still their fans come in drones to watch them play, it's called support for your local team. Something that St. Louis fans don't do unless they are winning games.

I travel year after year to Arizona to watch the RAMS play, because it's the only time I get to see them every year. I cherish that once a year chance to root for my team and watch them play live.

People in St. Louis get to see them 8 times a year and still there is no support, unless they are winning.

1999 2001 are prime examples.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram-N-It. BluepigPen and I, along with probably VitaMike, have been bantering about catching the Rams game here in Phoenix on December 8. We should all get tickets in the same area. I think I'll try to begin to get everyone organized early so that we can watch the Rams play the Cards here.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but not all sports fans have hundreds of dollars to spend on seeing just one game. The better bet is watching the RAMS for a whole lot cheaper.

After the way the Cards played last night, I don't see this series competative anymore. Sox will probably SWEEP the Series.

If you want a good seat to the Rams game where you don’t need a mountain goat and a Sherpa to get to your section, they are somewhat pricey for the regular season. Plus people will spend the money for a World Series game. It’s a one in a lifetime thing for many people.

Listen, I NEVER blame fans for staying away from any sport when the team is putting out a bad product. It’s the only way we as fans can voice our displeasure. Look what happened after the 1998 season with the Rams. The fans were revolting and the Rams went out and brought in Green, Faulk, Timmerman and others and they were instantly better. Granted they got lucky with Warner. More recently the Rams went 15-65 over a five season period in a bad economy. Why would people spend their hard earned money to watch games that are over by halftime? Even now with Fisher the fans are taking a “you need to prove something to me” approach before they start filling the stadium again and I don’t blame them. I’ve been to one game, I’m going to the Tennessee game and I’m driving to Indy with my son for the Colts game but I go no matter who good or bad the team is. Most fans in ANY city aren’t like that. Every city has a core of diehard fans and then a bunch of “fans” who jump on when the team wins, that’s not unique to St. Louis.

Now as far as the football Cardinals and the LA Rams teams were concerned it clearly wasn’t the lack of fan support that caused the teams to leave. It was the all mighty dollar. Both teams got great deals to leave their city and followed the money. As I said I NEVER blame fans and if the Rams leave St. Louis, and I don’t think they will, it would be due to $$$$$ not lack of support.

4 game sweep huh? LOL.

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram-N-It. BluepigPen and I, along with probably VitaMike, have been bantering about catching the Rams game here in Phoenix on December 8. We should all get tickets in the same area. I think I'll try to begin to get everyone organized early so that we can watch the Rams play the Cards here.

RETRO

Keep me informed on this issue

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least in LA they were winning. The only reason ST. L got the RAMS was because Georgia "How I hated her for moving the RAMS to St. L. wanted to move home.

She moved because the city of St. Louis was desperate and bent over so to speak to get the rams here. They had a stadium going up for the “expansion” team but no team to play there. They gave the Rams a sweetheart deal. As I said in another post it’s all about the $$$$$

I see teams that have losing records, but still their fans come in drones to watch them play, it's called support for your local team.

Only a few teams in the league (Washinbgton, Denver, Green Bay, Giants etc) sell out no matter what sort of team is on the field. I have Red Zone so I see at least parts of every game every Sunday. Trust me, I see plenty of empty seats and many of these games.

Something that St. Louis fans don't do unless they are winning games.

Not true. Both the Big Red and the Rams had decent fan support considering the product. Do fewer people show up when they are playing poorly? Of course but that's true of EVERY city. It's not unique to St. Louis. Regardless of the reasons, the LA fans weren't showing up either and there were plenty of empty seats at their games just like there have been in St. louis. That tends happens when a team sucks. You act as if this has only happened since they moved to St. Louis and that's just not true. I could say the same thing as the why the Rams moved here in the first place. Why didn't LA suppert the team? However, I'm fully aware that's not the reason why they moved. What I do know is that in their 18 plus seasons in St. Louis they've had only a hanfull of games that didn't meet the sellout requirement for the games to be televised. Were there more empty seats in the bad years? Yes but the tickets were sold people just didn't bother to show when the team was struggling. JUST LIKE IN LA!!!!!

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:bawling:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the perfect example along with some of the elder statesmen in the group of someone who was lucky enough to see both the Los Angeles AND St Louis Rams play live. Hell, even in the Super Bowl year of 1979 the LA Rams did not have a SINGLE, NOT ONE, sellout. Granted part of that was the effect of playing in the Coliseum, but still it was only about half full on any given Sunday. I went to a game in week 14 of that season..it turned out to be OJ Simpson's last game. Even then, stadium was half full.
Bottom line is as a resident of St Louis, I do not want the Rams to leave because I guarantee we will NEVER get another team here. But, if the Rams leave I will STILL be a Rams fan. That never changes

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the perfect example along with some of the elder statesmen in the group of someone who was lucky enough to see both the Los Angeles AND St Louis Rams play live. Hell, even in the Super Bowl year of 1979 the LA Rams did not have a SINGLE, NOT ONE, sellout. Granted part of that was the effect of playing in the Coliseum, but still it was only about half full on any given Sunday. I went to a game in week 14 of that season..it turned out to be OJ Simpson's last game. Even then, stadium was half full.
Bottom line is as a resident of St Louis, I do not want the Rams to leave because I guarantee we will NEVER get another team here. But, if the Rams leave I will STILL be a Rams fan. That never changes

Thanks for sharing some honest perspective with us. I too am a native of St. Louis and it would kill me if the Rams left and you are correct. We would never get another team. I just get tired of this “They need to move back where they belong in LA because St. Louis doesn’t support their team” refrain. However, when I bring up the poor attendance in LA it always, “The stadium sucked, Georgia was a bitch, the team was bad…..” I’ll admit that St. Louis needs to get more people down there on a game to game basis but I don’t blame fans for not going to see a bad product. Just like I didn’t hold it against the LA fans for doing the same thing.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 4 tix on the 45, not really into it and probably won't go.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gents, all of you are discussing the attendance in a perspective that suggests it is the primary source for a revenue stream for a given team but you have failed to include the rest of the contributors and that is TV money and merchandizing. Yes, a community should support a team but the team also receives TV money and money from merchandizing that indicates a greater fan base support no matter where the team is located.

Stadium seat sales, luxury boxes, TV money, and merchandizing are the four-headed monster that provides the entire pie of revenue for a given team and all of these are primarily predicated on the teams overall perceived as well actual value. Granted, a good portion of the perception or marketing share is dependent on filling stadiums seating capacities and of course the bottom line of whether a team is a periennal loser or winner. Who have a rough time filling stadiums and selling luxury boxes when you have a team stinking it up. Something the Queen Idiot never got through that airhead of hers.

Winning brings in fannies for the seats which in turn brings in merchandizing (if the team is a winner) and sales of collaterals (beer, hotdogs, etc) which attracts business partnerships and even more merchandizing. That in turn generates a percentage of the TV money and of course with the last TV contract, the pie was divied-up with a greater equity for smaller markets. But bigger TV markets still get a bigger slice of the pie and this is one reason Kroneke is moving back to LA even though the fan support is probably the same or even less in LA in the stadium.

With the new Farmer's Center, Kroneke will attract businesses for his luxury boxes because he makes way more with luxury boxes and also he will be in a much larger market for a greater chunk of TV money. Then he will continue to work on the other two heads by bringing in athletes and coaches that can guarantee winning and thus an increase in merchandizing.

All of these factors are interdependent so fan support is probably the foundation of this revenue monster that all owners constantly massage to keep the big bucks flowing!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Clayton on ESPN reported this morning that the stadium deal Kroneke was involved in LA and the Farmer's Complex has stalled. Not many details were offered. Could this mean Kroneke wants to move the Rams to London to join his Soccer venture? Yikes!!!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Kroneke just but LA and St Louis in check. The chess game continues with who blinks first.:noidea:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 4 tix on the 45, not really into it and probably won't go.
Support your team. I have been to many games (flying from the east coast) to watch the 9ers lose at the Stick . I was at the game when the Hawks beat the 9ers...the one where VD was sent to the showers and Singletary(didn't see it) dropped his pants. Tell you what..if you go to the game and the Rams win I will put the Rams as one of my favorite teams for the rest of the season.....deal?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now wait a hot minute Ram-n-it.

If you lived in STL and have witnessed the Rams the past few (10) years, you would go watch the World Series too. The cardinals have been going to the post-season consistently since the greatest show on turf was starting to break up. That's a few years my man. You can't judge fans based on a consistent baseball playoff team versus a stankfest of the Rams.

People have lost faith in the organization but we still go to games. Is it full? No but I know plenty of people going to the Monday night game. I'm going to neither - I will watch both on a TV and enjoyed 75 cent beerrsssssss.

Daaaaa beeerrrssss

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Support your team? Haha. I am giving the tix up to a friend to take his fam.

Sorry not going to watch Clemens. He's worse than Tebow.

Do you know what the definition of insanity is? Look at the Rams the past 10 years. Same thing over and over and over and over.....but they to have a winner!!??! Sorry I have better things to do and I will not waste my time.

I like my living room and TV just fine.

What do you think the fans in L.A. Will do if the Rams stank? Lol. Do you think they will continue to go after watching garbage?

Please dude.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Support your team? Haha. I am giving the tix up to a friend to take his fam.

Sorry not going to watch Clemens. He's worse than Tebow.

Do you know what the definition of insanity is? Look at the Rams the past 10 years. Same thing over and over and over and over.....but they to have a winner!!??! Sorry I have better things to do and I will not waste my time.

I like my living room and TV just fine.

What do you think the fans in L.A. Will do if the Rams stank? Lol. Do you think they will continue to go after watching garbage?

Please dude.
Fair enough. Carry on. I grew up in the area (Playa del Rey) which is why I'm a 9er fan:whistle: .Good luck this Monday.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having been a 49er fan since the 70s, I would rather die than root for the Rams, but in this case tonight I'll make an exception.