• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mocks Here

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see anyway RB is a bigger need than TE. I think it's more people think (and may be correct) that Bijan is a potential superstar and don't see any of these TEs as that.
Not me, but I'm no Godtree.
I think the bigger impact is one of the two top rated RB'S over the two top rated TE's.

Just can't assume Pollard returns as he was.

I am so confussed. Let's draft guard.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me, but I'm no Godtree.
I think the bigger impact is one of the two top rated RB'S over the two top rated TE's.

Just can't assume Pollard returns as he was.

I am so confussed. Let's draft guard.
I have a feeling a player the team really really likes is going to fall to us. Not a "tell us after he was the target all along" type thing we hear every year but more of a smiling, exuberant "high fiving" giddy look in the war room that can't be faked type of legit thing. Who that is...I for one have no clue.

The good thing for me is that unless we aren't planning on playing all 3 of Tyron, Tyler and Steele (I think we are) we are pretty much at a minimum "ok" everywhere. If that isn't the plan LG is clearly the biggest need IMO. To me, even if we do start all 3 LG is still one of the biggest needs but it becomes a debate of course.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The depth at DE/edge and CB are good enough in this draft for a smart team to find guys later. TE and RB are deep, but they are needs so it boils down to fit and how soon you want a guy to help or role he needs to serve. Only a handful of dudes we likely see in this light. If Bijan doesn't make it to 26, I think our next "guy" is Tank Bigsby followed by Kendre Miller. I think Mayer is the target if we get wiped out at 26.

We need Oline help yesterday, that's why I see top two round for sure, possibly first round. So I think our path thru the first few rounds can be broken down -->
option 1: Bijan, OL, TE
option 2: (Bijan off the board) OL, TE, RB
option 3: (No Bijan plus wiped out at OL - possible trade down for Kincaid) Mayer/Kincaid, OL, RB

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall correctly I was truly upset over one pick. Gavin Escobar.

Even the Quincy Carter pick didn't make me want to shoot the TV.
I was not thrilled with any of those 2nd round picks wasted on tight ends while Witten was on the roster. The Escobar pick was the worst. The other two were talented players that were never going to play because Witt was great and durable

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But let's not compare Kincaid and Mayer to Escobar and Lafluer. Kincaid and Mayer far better prospects than those two .

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But let's not compare Kincaid and Mayer to Escobar and Lafluer. Kincaid and Mayer far better prospects than those two .
In no way am I comparing them. Just pointing out the only pick I can remember being livid about was Escobar.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no way am I comparing them. Just pointing out the only pick I can remember being livid about was Escobar.
Taco over TJ Watt was # 1 for me
shante carver and bobby carpenter were the next 2
but it’s a new draft and all those picks are done and gone
Like pretty girls in a dress in the spring interest Is peaked and we are looking for new players to make the fall very enjoyable

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. People seem to not want a TE because we whiffed on some TEs in the past. Those players have nothing to do with the players in this draft
realistically most times 1st round TEs are a bad choice historically for all teams. (not just us)
We have I think Tony G. breaks that rule. Then Greg Olsen, but he helped a different team not the one he was drafted by.
Good news is if we pick a TE & he becomes say decent. It wont be that bad since we are picking so late in the 1st round.
I just feel it is a good 90% chance that 1st rd. TE isnt worth the spot picked. Of course if we go TE I will be hoping to all get up he is the next Tony G.

I just look historically. & have no faith in drafting TEs in the 1st. I just think people or teams get caught up in the hype of the next (pick an all star TE) & forget most are gonna disappoint.
Also our team doesnt rely on TE to be the main guy. Even when Witten was here. He was our safety blanket more than the feature guy. Another reason not to go TE in the 1st. Think mock drafters just seen our 1st string guy leave & now think we will have a major dip. I dont think that is the case. I dont think that is the case. We dont gameplan our TEs like say the Chiefs do.

Now like I said awhile ago. If the TE is by far the BPA. Then ok. take the BPA. But if fringe BPA or an argument for a different guy BPA. Dont go TE.
That would be my vote.

Again Historically. Almost all the 1st round TEs disappoint when considering the spot they were drafted. & no. I am not saying all our busts, just didnt warrant the spot taken.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
realistically most times 1st round TEs are a bad choice historically for all teams. (not just us)
We have I think Tony G. breaks that rule. Then Greg Olsen, but he helped a different team not the one he was drafted by.
Good news is if we pick a TE & he becomes say decent. It wont be that bad since we are picking so late in the 1st round.
I just feel it is a good 90% chance that 1st rd. TE isnt worth the spot picked. Of course if we go TE I will be hoping to all get up he is the next Tony G.

I just look historically. & have no faith in drafting TEs in the 1st. I just think people or teams get caught up in the hype of the next (pick an all star TE) & forget most are gonna disappoint.
Also our team doesnt rely on TE to be the main guy. Even when Witten was here. He was our safety blanket more than the feature guy. Another reason not to go TE in the 1st. Think mock drafters just seen our 1st string guy leave & now think we will have a major dip. I dont think that is the case. I dont think that is the case. We dont gameplan our TEs like say the Chiefs do.

Now like I said awhile ago. If the TE is by far the BPA. Then ok. take the BPA. But if fringe BPA or an argument for a different guy BPA. Dont go TE.
That would be my vote.

Again Historically. Almost all the 1st round TEs disappoint when considering the spot they were drafted. & no. I am not saying all our busts, just didnt warrant the spot taken.
No. We didn’t game plan Dalton Schulz like the Chiefs game plan Travis Kelce. But maybe there’s more to that than just the system. And the last time Schultz played a full season he was only behind Andrews and Kelce in receptions.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Smith or Porter falls

was low key hoping the LB Campbell fell to us on a trade back. I didn’t think anyone would take a pure LB like that as early as Detroit did but he does seem like their coaches kind of a pick

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Smith or Porter falls

was low key hoping the LB Campbell fell to us on a trade back. I didn’t think anyone would take a pure LB like that as early as Detroit did but he does seem like their coaches kind of a pick
yeah he is a tackler & that Detroit Defense sucked at tackling!