• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock favs poll

Which one of these players that have been mocked to the Seahawks would you most want to be picked?

• G Ali Marpet, Hobart

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • WR Dezmin Lewis, Central Arkansas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C Hroniss Grasu, Oregon

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • WR Devin Funchess, Michigan

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • DL Mario Edwards Jr., Florida State

• CB Ronald Darby, Florida State

• WR Sammie Coates, Auburn

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • CB Alex Carter, Stanford

• G A.J. Cann, South Carolina

• LB Stephone Anthony, Clemson

• Other (specify)

• Total voters

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The purpose of this poll is to see which of the players that have been often mocked to the Seahawks would you like to see actually drafted.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coates just strikes me as a guy who, in the right environment, can have as much upside as anyone in this draft.

(Really, really rooting for Ty Montgomery, though.)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pats don't take a G in the first then I just hope Seattle doesn't take Cann. I don't think Cann will still be around though? Hope I'm wrong.
As for Seattle I would say either of those guards. I know Marpet has been moving up but that may be a stretch? If you're looking at him in tge 2nd? Grassu would be a great pick up but again if you're talking 2nd round that's too early. Sorry I haven't checked the Seattle mocks to see what rounds you may be looking at?
Needless to say like NE I think the Hawks biggest need is Oline.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coates just strikes me as a guy who, in the right environment, can have as much upside as anyone in this draft.

(Really, really rooting for Ty Montgomery, though.)

Not a HUGE fan of Montgomery's receiving but his return game is DESPERATELY needed on this team.

That all said, I bet we take a corner. We DESPERATELY need help on the O-Line and even WR, but it's just so Pete/John to make everyone go, "Huh?" Naturally it wont be Alex Carter but probably end up grabbing Craig Mager who is a projected early 4th round pick. Pete will of course say: "We fell in love with his athleticism and high motor (which he does admittedly have, hence why I typed that). We felt it was a bit early for Craig, but had our eye on someone in the 3rd and knew he wouldn't be available by the 4th." We will naturally get a D to F grade by everyone and whatever.

:gaah:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G/T Ali Marpet I think will be a great future probowl guard and also can slide to Tackle when/if Britt or Okung get hurt, More of when with Okung.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer Graso... He would be a great fit at guard... He's very quick on his feet...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer Graso... He would be a great fit at guard... He's very quick on his feet...

i am almost 100% sure he will not be there when the Hawks have their first pick so i don't even look at him. Graso wont be on the board when the Hawks pick in the 2nd round. Yes he would be the best Center but Ali i think will be a better G/T :)

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a pure football perspective, Dorial Green-Beckham (would almost certainly require a trade-up in the 2nd).

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am almost 100% sure he will not be there when the Hawks have their first pick so i don't even look at him. Graso wont be on the board when the Hawks pick in the 2nd round. Yes he would be the best Center but Ali i think will be a better G/T :)

In the 2nd round, yes... You're correct... In the other thread, I predicted the Hawks would move up into the 1st round to draft a OL or DE... That's what I was basing my comment on...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 100% sure that a center won't be available to the Seahawks in the second round? I've seen mocks that have him going 3 or 4th round. Check out the history of where centers usually get drafted. I've heard some hints that their are concerns about Graso, can't recall off hand, but I think they were medical.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see S. Coates is leading the poll, I'd guess I'd be OK with him, but he's mostly a raw athlete, rather then someone who knows his craft, has a rep for dropping passes. Your looking at someone who is going to take time to develope. Richardson was a much more polished WR, but too lean to hold up. With the new CBA and the cut down on offseason workouts, being more NFL ready becomes more important IMO. Give me someone more ready.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like Harold stated: A lot of mocks have him there for us in the 2nd. That might not mean much but it is true. C's typically don't hold high value in the draft so I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to us.

I wouldn't mind Marpet either though. Heck, move up in the third and grabem both if they are there!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to many clubs out there need centers and is why their prices have jumped so much this FA period. Graso will not be there for our pick in the 2nd round :(

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to many clubs out there need centers and is why their prices have jumped so much this FA period. Graso will not be there for our pick in the 2nd round :(

Maybe I am missing something here. The Raiders signed Hudson for 5 years/$44.5 million which was overpaying but they have so much cap room it does not matter to them. The Dolphins way overpaid Pouncey at 5 years/$52 million and he was horrible last year (but injured).

The only other major Center signing was Wiz to the Jags for 1 year / $2.5 million. After that there are bascially journeymen and backups signed to small deals. Berger resigned with the Viks but he shifted to OG for most of last year. Shipley/Cards, Montgomery/Broncos, Robinson/Chargers, McClendon/Dolphins, Reynolds/Giants are the other FA Center signings and they all appear to be small deals.

So we have the Raiders, who are begging people to take their money, and the Dolphins who way overpaid for a player who was very good a couple of years ago but injured and horrible last year (but he was shifted to OG last year to be fair). Hardly a trend. More like an anomaly of ineptness.

You may well be right, but I am just trying to decipher your statements and I am coming up a bit short.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 2nd round, yes... You're correct... In the other thread, I predicted the Hawks would move up into the 1st round to draft a OL or DE... That's what I was basing my comment on...
According to the draft value chart, if we gave up all of our picks (can't trade compensatory picks), we would not have enough to regain our 31st pick in the 1st round that we gave up for JG.
I doubt we trade up in any round.