• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mo not Closing

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Leyland just screwed up. i know he hates the Yankees but come on. This is Mo we are talking about. Best Closer of all time. He is having the best season this year then any other closer and u let another old man close the game Nathan. Very poor job by Leyland.

As a baseball fan I am disappointed and as a yankee fan upset.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Leyland just screwed up. i know he hates the Yankees but come on. This is Mo we are talking about. Best Closer of all time. He is having the best season this year then any other closer and u let another old man close the game Nathan. Very poor job by Leyland.

As a baseball fan I am disappointed and as a yankee fan upset.

Detroit reporters already saying that he did it on the chance that the NL took the lead and there was no bottom of the 9th. How it was a great and classy move by Leyland.:doh:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U can think like that. Worst case he doesnt pitch. Also the chances of them scoring 4 runs is low. If it was 1-0 or 2-0 I can understand but it was 3-0. Bad move. They were talking about it on ESPN and they understand it but agreed that it was a wrong decision.

Either way I guess its not a big deal just would of made sense for him to save the game.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit reporters already saying that he did it on the chance that the NL took the lead and there was no bottom of the 9th. How it was a great and classy move by Leyland.:doh:
And that is a dumb reason that wreaks of Leyland's signature lack of intelligence. Does he really have that little faith in Nathan? Yet Nathan can pitch the 9th? Can't Mo just come in in the 8th if Nathan gets in trouble? Wouldn't it be awesome to see Mo come into a pressure situation and do his thing? Or, if they tie the score, Mo can pitch the 9th in a tie.

I know Leyland put a lot of thought into it. He's just a complete dolt, like he always has been.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 2-0 until late in the 8th and by the time that the AL scored the third run, there would have been no time for Nathan to get warmed up in time to start the top of the 8th. That's what the commentators stated during the game.

He probably should have had both warming up but that is a small part of the argument.