• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MNF: Eagles at Falcons. Who will be watching?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keaLs.gif

Not everyone can throw the famous "dink" 5 yard pass over the middle vs saggy coverage. It's a delicate throw

15n29nd.gif

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here she is fellas. The new phenom in TX current. Her name is Samantha Bradturd and she kills defenses with her 5-7 yard pass when her team is down 10-20 points.

girlthrow.png

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they take any shots downfield? I had to miss the 2nd half but listened to it on the radio. All my friends are Eagles fans so I am waiting for their impression from game 1.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, don't know how much it was reported but Sammy had precautionary x-rays of his ankle after the game. They were negative.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they take any shots downfield? I had to miss the 2nd half but listened to it on the radio. All my friends are Eagles fans so I am waiting for their impression from game 1.

I saw Bradford take maybe 3 shots downfield. And by downfield I mean they were 10-15 yards. 2 were in the 2nd half - back to back throws and they were very nice throws actually.

This offense Chip has reminds me of a mix of Bellicheck using the RB out of the backfield and Mike Martz going pass happy. Difference is Brady goes deep occasionally.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming you are a Foles hater? Well good luck with Bradford!
Ya it was thrown to late and under thrown, but at the same time Austin was mugged, right in front of the ref?
The TD pass to Kendricks was also under thrown and probably would have been incomplete if the defender hadn't stumbled, but it wasn't and the end result was a TD and in the end a victory that FOLES helped us get!

Not a Foles hater. But I hate late passes, and Tavon was wide the fuck open. I don't want refs to make calls like that on poorly thrown balls.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Foles hater. But I hate late passes, and Tavon was wide the fuck open. I don't want refs to make calls like that on poorly thrown balls.

Eaglesnut welcome. You have a very interesting team. Good thing is your RBs look awesome and that will help Sam. Also good is the NFC East is looking down this year with the Cowboys having no Dez and Demarco, Giants looked awful on offense and Washington looks like it's a mess too.

Bad news is: If Chip has Sam throw 52 passes a game, he's gonna get pummeled vs a good defense.

As far as Foles, it was great to see a QB make plays when he saw pressure and actually take shots downfield. I was happy even though we handed the ball over to Seattle a few times.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eaglesnut welcome. You have a very interesting team. Good thing is your RBs look awesome and that will help Sam. Also good is the NFC East is looking down this year with the Cowboys having no Dez and Demarco, Giants looked awful on offense and Washington looks like it's a mess too.

Bad news is: If Chip has Sam throw 52 passes a game, he's gonna get pummeled vs a good defense.

As far as Foles, it was great to see a QB make plays when he saw pressure and actually take shots downfield. I was happy even though we handed the ball over to Seattle a few times.

Of those RBs, only Sproles did anything last night against the mighty Falcons. Murray had 8 carries for 9 yards, and Matthews had 3 carries for 4 yards. Sproles broke a couple as the third down back and had 5 carries for 50 yards (and 7-76 receiving).

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of those RBs, only Sproles did anything last night against the mighty Falcons. Murray had 8 carries for 9 yards, and Matthews had 3 carries for 4 yards. Sproles broke a couple as the third down back and had 5 carries for 50 yards (and 7-76 receiving).

If you look at Rushing stats yes. But they threw the ball 52 times and many of those were dunks (dinks are 5-7 yard passes FYI :shocked:) to the RB. When all of their RBs got the ball from Bradford, they made things happen.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at Rushing stats yes. But they threw the ball 52 times and many of those were dunks (dinks are 5-7 yard passes FYI :shocked:) to the RB. When all of their RBs got the ball from Bradford, they made things happen.

I watched the game. The only positive run I saw from Murray was the TD after the interception. An awful lot of those dump offs to the running backs were with more than 10 yards to go for the first (after penalties). Murray had 4 catches for 11 yards. As I said, only Sproles was truly effective of their RBs.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game. The only positive run I saw from Murray was the TD after the interception. An awful lot of those dump offs to the running backs were with more than 10 yards to go for the first (after penalties). Murray had 4 catches for 11 yards. As I said, only Sproles was truly effective of their RBs.

Don't think you watched the game. Demarco's rushing stats (like you always look at) were not good. But he ran a few end around plays well and got stuff a few times as well (the guy had 8 carries). When every single RB got the ball in space, they made things happen. The Oline wasn't great either.

Demarco, Matthews, Sproles all looked pretty good. But of course you see nothing but the box score. :L Make sure you see where Demarco had 2 Tds.. But I guess he looked bad?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think you watched the game. Demarco's rushing stats (like you always look at) were not good. But he ran a few end around plays well and got stuff a few times as well (the guy had 8 carries). When every single RB got the ball in space, they made things happen. The Oline wasn't great either.

Demarco, Matthews, Sproles all looked pretty good. But of course you see nothing but the box score. :L Make sure you see where Demarco had 2 Tds.. But I guess he looked bad?

You don't think I watched the game? LOL.

When they did well in space, it also shows in the box score btw. Plays that are called back for penalties don't count either. Or was all that "space" behind the line of scrimmage?

20 yards on 12 touches is not anything to brag about. If you think 1.67 yards/touch is looking good, you lose all right to complain about the Rams RBs. Sproles is the RB that kept those drives alive.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sam took a bunch of hits last night and bounced right up. He's got a rocket, it's accurate and we're going to put up a lot of points with him. Too bad his last pass bounced off the WR's hands last night.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think I watched the game? LOL.

When they did well in space, it also shows in the box score btw. Plays that are called back for penalties don't count either. Or was all that "space" behind the line of scrimmage?

20 yards on 12 touches is not anything to brag about. If you think 1.67 yards/touch is looking good, you lose all right to complain about the Rams RBs. Sproles is the RB that kept those drives alive.

Yes he did have the 20+ rushing gain called back. He did have only 8 carries and a few catches. If you look at the box score, sure the guy wasn't great... But I don't just look at the box score.

His 2 TDs were really good plays made by Demarco. You are stat guy. I get it.

So Bradford was really good because he threw over 300 yards and 52 times is that right?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam took a bunch of hits last night and bounced right up. He's got a rocket, it's accurate and we're going to put up a lot of points with him. Too bad his last pass bounced off the WR's hands last night.

Yes Sam felt the pressure and threw a bullet a bit high. Wasn't an easy catch.

Against the NFC East you should be ok. He wouldn't last long in the NFC West or against good/great defenses. And he took a few shots, but when the pressure finally came late in the 2nd half and ATL stopped playing prevent - allowing him the middle underneath, well.. You saw what happen.

The red zone with Sam is a nightmare I can tell you that. But you have some good RBs to help with that IF Chip actually runs the ball.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell you should have a better lifetime 59% completion percentage when you are only throwing the ball 2 or 3 yards? But he's accurate, really?

69% lifetime here.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey not everyone can throw a 5 yard pass guys

keals-gif.29483.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did have the 20+ rushing gain called back. He did have only 8 carries and a few catches. If you look at the box score, sure the guy wasn't great... But I don't just look at the box score.

His 2 TDs were really good plays made by Demarco. You are stat guy. I get it.

So Bradford was really good because he threw over 300 yards and 52 times is that right?

I'm just using the stats to illustrate the plays that counted. His TDs were very good, and I mentioned one of them in my first post on the subject.

Bradford was OK last night. QB rating of 77.1 is below average, but pretty much on par with his career mark of 79.3. Captain Checkdown was in full effect, with a couple longer attempts. That seemed to be the game plan last night though. That deciding pick was on the receiver though, not on him. I didn't see the other pick, assumed the half was basically over and took the dog out.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boys did u see it!! Sam is still the man!! Shop his INT before the half was a bad pass. he said he miss read the coverage. but out of 52 attemps i would say he maybe had 3 or 4 slightly off passes. Seriously how many QB's can do that with no running game. SJ you have falling off the top rope to many times,:nod: SMED where did they ship your boy Davis? Please! yeah ill take 340 yds dink and dunk anyday of the week. Umm thats called a game plan. thats how you wear out a defense he had them running all over the place looking like fools and thats why they were so tired in the second half. somebody look up how many holding penalties and drops the Eagles had! It was pathetic! Sam over came Four on that on drive to lead them to a TD!! Seriously how many times do you see that? If that kicker didn't miss a chip shot the eagles would be 1-0. well maybe not because their D backs suck besides Jenkins and can't cover. this loss wasn't on Sam the man! Whats up guys!