• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MNF between Steelers/Bengals is classic modern day MNF

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait to see how ESPN spins this game and hypes this one up. 0-3 Bengals vs 0-3 Steelers. The Thrill. I remember back when MNF was actually a big game, the big game of the week. Over the last decade or so it has been an awful product. Usually games like these yet backed by overly done production and ludicrous hype from ESPN.

The other Monday Night game it was like 6 hours before kickoff, maybe 5 stadium employees in the stands and Randy Moss is screaming and yelling into his headset like the stadium is fully packed anticipating a playoff showdown. The Monday Night countdown product is a little much, considering it seems to start at 9AM and run all day on ESPN with the sole purpose of hyping up the "BIG" Monday Night Football game.

Then kickoff happens and we have Joe Tessitore hyping the game like it's a major heavyweight bout when it's the Redskins vs Bears. Really using Tessitore for boxing matches has somewhat halted his football prestige, because I hear his voice and instantly think of a 11 PM Saturday Night Boxing match on ESPN. I liked Tessitore back when he was calling CFB games on Friday nights.

Once we get done with Tessitore's epic hype, we get Booger McFarland...………………..Screaming into the mic like he's still on his sliding chair on the sidelines. Add to it he's providing terrible in game analysis.

But tonight, I am intrigued to see how they promote a 0-3 Bengals team vs an injured 0-3 Steelers team. By the looks and feel it will be overdone and over hyped, again.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far it seems they are overhyping the heated rivalry that's been dead for at least 2-3 years.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes it where you can hardly wait until Thursday night games

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they can hype it as the team that wins moves into sole possession of 2nd place in the division?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or hype it as the "Flint Michigan Megabowl"

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they can hype it as the team that wins moves into sole possession of 2nd place in the division?
giphy.gif

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes it where you can hardly wait until Thursday night games

They've really put stock in the Thursday Night game, making those much more intriguing matchups than MNF. Which I am surprised the league did. Given that Thursday was sort of CFB's night, then the NFL put bad matchups on TNF, now it's better matchups on TNF and CFB Thursday night games have gone from being intriguing matchups to the night of Non Power 5 games.

I am sure it has to do everything with the networks, but just surprised the league, which has the history it does with Monday Night and MNF, let the networks really deplete MNF.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've really put stock in the Thursday Night game, making those much more intriguing matchups than MNF. Which I am surprised the league did. Given that Thursday was sort of CFB's night, then the NFL put bad matchups on TNF, now it's better matchups on TNF and CFB Thursday night games have gone from being intriguing matchups to the night of Non Power 5 games.

I am sure it has to do everything with the networks, but just surprised the league, which has the history it does with Monday Night and MNF, let the networks really deplete MNF.
Thursday Night football has sucked even more then MNF ever did.
I guess I should have used green font

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything is about SNF nowadays. sometimes, we get a decent match-up on TNF or MNF but I'm not sure why ESPN allows the league to consistently give bad match-ups to MNF in the off-season scheduling.

I mean, even IF Ben hadn't gotten hurt, everyone pretty much knew the Bengals were going to be bad this year so you would have had a bad Bengals team traveling on the road to Pittsburgh to get destroyed.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything is about SNF nowadays. sometimes, we get a decent match-up on TNF or MNF but I'm not sure why ESPN allows the league to consistently give bad match-ups to MNF in the off-season scheduling.

I mean, even IF Ben hadn't gotten hurt, everyone pretty much knew the Bengals were going to be bad this year so you would have had a bad Bengals team traveling on the road to Pittsburgh to get destroyed.

And for the upcoming week they shoulda put Rams/Seahawks on MNF instead of TNF.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, in a wierd, freaky-deaky way the thought of two 0-3 teams, especially old division rivals, carries a touch of anticipation with it. I know I'm gonna watch, should be fun.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bright side is... at least we'll have a winner at the end of the game. That's gotta be worth somethin'

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
55-54 Game tonight! You heard it here first!