• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MMQ with Sherman

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Article. Hope this isn't a re post.

Richard Sherman on the Legion of Boom, Roger Goodell, Super Bowl 49 | The MMQB with Peter King

"I thought long and hard about joining in with players across the league and making a visual statement—a T-shirt or a hands-up gesture—but ultimately I decided against it (Ferguson). I asked myself, What message am I sending out? Am I going to end police violence? Racism? No, of course not. So how can I evoke change? I got some news nine months ago that helped me reach a conclusion. My girlfriend, Ashley, and I are expecting our first child, a boy, any day now. I’ve realized in the last year that I can evoke change by being a great role model: a man who respects women and police officers, who graduated from college and does everything in his power to be successful within the rules."

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was pretty good article. Sherman is loud but he's also very smart. I like how he ran down the strengths of each member of the LOB too. Good stuff.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Article. Hope this isn't a re post.

Richard Sherman on the Legion of Boom, Roger Goodell, Super Bowl 49 | The MMQB with Peter King

"I thought long and hard about joining in with players across the league and making a visual statement—a T-shirt or a hands-up gesture—but ultimately I decided against it (Ferguson). I asked myself, What message am I sending out? Am I going to end police violence? Racism? No, of course not. So how can I evoke change? I got some news nine months ago that helped me reach a conclusion. My girlfriend, Ashley, and I are expecting our first child, a boy, any day now. I’ve realized in the last year that I can evoke change by being a great role model: a man who respects women and police officers, who graduated from college and does everything in his power to be successful within the rules."

I think he has a great outlook on this and it's unfortunate that these words are going to be overlooked by so many because they've already made their mind up about who he is based on a couple of TV interviews and some on-field trash talk. Some people will always see him as a loudmouth and discredit everything he does or tries to do because they don't think he's as humble as he "should" be.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also he's black, so half of America automatically classifies him as a thug. Don't take my word for it. A quick peek in the politics forum will bring you up to date. Setting that aside, being a solid, good family man doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't protest against police violence. Those who do follow the rules have more reason than most to protest injustice -- injustice is the only way they get in trouble.