• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Teams Average Cost of Beer.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch...

1184942_649208195089540_962394987_n.png

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit surprised that there is so much variation in beer prices, with Boston charging more than twice the price at LAA games. Might be kind of interesting to see how a team's beer price correlates with variables like the team's winning percentage and the average price it charges for tickets sold.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit surprised that there is so much variation in beer prices, with Boston charging more than twice the price at LAA games. Might be kind of interesting to see how a team's beer price correlates with variables like the team's winning percentage and the average price it charges for tickets sold.

I was thinking it may just be the available variety. Boston must have a ton of higher prices local brews and less Miller and LA must have a higher percentage of cheap beer... But, I'm sure a Bud still cost more at Fenway...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking it may just be the available variety. Boston must have a ton of higher prices local brews and less Miller and LA must have a higher percentage of cheap beer... But, I'm sure a Bud still cost more at Fenway...

I hadn't thought about differences in variety of beer. That could certainly account for a lot of the price variation.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this going by the cheapest beer you can buy at the Park, or avg? I know at a Rangers game the cheapest smallest beer you can get is $5. This chart however it is figured, actually has it under $5. But would be really close if just talking about how much the cheapest smallest beer at a Park is.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was sitting in that toilet at Fenway, I'd be drinking beer just to numb the pain.

I'm fortunate that with Petco you walk out and you're in the Gaslamp. I refuse to buy $9.75 beers. Instead, if it's a day game we save our money and go to Hooter's happy hour afterward where we buy a pitcher each for less than one beer at the game or if it's a night game, we go first and get loaded up and then sober up during the game to drive home.

I love beer but I won't pay $9.75 for one.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was sitting in that toilet at Fenway, I'd be drinking beer just to numb the pain.

I'm fortunate that with Petco you walk out and you're in the Gaslamp. I refuse to buy $9.75 beers. Instead, if it's a day game we save our money and go to Hooter's happy hour afterward where we buy a pitcher each for less than one beer at the game or if it's a night game, we go first and get loaded up and then sober up during the game to drive home.

Pretty much the same here, though I've occasionally shelled out close to that. Definitely makes me sip!

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this going by the cheapest beer you can buy at the Park, or avg? I know at a Rangers game the cheapest smallest beer you can get is $5. This chart however it is figured, actually has it under $5. But would be really close if just talking about how much the cheapest smallest beer at a Park is.

"Prices are based on each team's average beer cost" is what the graph says. So at AT&T, while you can get a pint of Coors for $10, you'll only get 12oz of Stella for $10.25. Some other crafts are $12 for maybe 10 or 12 oz, not sure on the size. But I think the cheapest beer is $10. Better to drink at spots around the park before going in. Or if you're at Mijita's or Public House, you can get your drink to go and take it in the park. Still not super cheap, but better mixed drinks.

And I wouldn't mind the $10 price tag as much if they had vendors walking around, serving in the stands. Definitely loved that about Wrigley.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Prices are based on each team's average beer cost" is what the graph says. So at AT&T, while you can get a pint of Coors for $10, you'll only get 12oz of Stella for $10.25. Some other crafts are $12 for maybe 10 or 12 oz, not sure on the size. But I think the cheapest beer is $10. Better to drink at spots around the park before going in. Or if you're at Mijita's or Public House, you can get your drink to go and take it in the park. Still not super cheap, but better mixed drinks.

And I wouldn't mind the $10 price tag as much if they had vendors walking around, serving in the stands. Definitely loved that about Wrigley.

That's what I'm saying, the only way possible for this chart to be even close for the Ballpark in Arlington is if it was using the cheapest beer, and its still too low if it's doing that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is truly sad is st. louis selling BELGIAN OWNED budweiser for the 2nd highest price.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what throws me off....

St Louis, OWNED by Auggie Busch...dude makes it right down the street...should be no transportation costs...and the cheapest in all stadiums...have you had Natural Light?

Milwaukee...same freakin thing....Bud SeeMoron in the Dictionary...is gettin paid from them...don't care what everyone "believes"

Boston...tell Sam Adams to move to Baltimore or NY...at least then you can have another reason to hate them.

KC...Boulevard is made here...and its NOT a great summer beer...need to cut those prices in half...then jack them up for the Chiefs games...when their is actual tailgating and MORE drinking.

LAA...who cares about money...you have to give discounts on beer so the fans can't see the product on the field.

D Backs - the price will raise if SS payouts increase.

Nationals - the Country pays for the team, pays for the stadium, pays for the city, pays the workers in the city to mainly drink and THEN you want to price gouge the beer they are getting drunk on...no kidding, there's a shock...let us know when you "retire" our numbers.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:yahoo:

Excellent usage of Toilet, Fenway, Petco & Hooters in one post.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

vendors suck. they don't know how to do their jobs anymore. they stand in aisles and fans cant see shit.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vendors suck. they don't know how to do their jobs anymore. they stand in aisles and fans cant see shit.

Speaking of vendors and Chicago.... I scored a front row seat at New Commisky a while back. Everytime the ice cream vendor came down the aisle, he shouted: "Ice Cream Sammiches!" Everytime he shouted, the kid next to me gleefully told his dad. "He called them sammiches!"... The same kid ended up with a foul ball (that I shoud have caught, but the tool on the other side of me tipped it.) I left the game knowing we had a brand new baseball fan for life..... It was a good day.

(And, I got to heckle Manny all day - unitl he finally looked at me, smiled and shook his head.)

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article was from back in April.......pretty funny.

tumblr_inline_mklo5094Fo1qz4rgp.jpg

"Besides the bunch of rent-a-players in pinstripes masquerading as Yankees, there’s another new addition to Yankee Stadium this season — this “Craft Beer Destination” located in the Great Hall.

Here’s the problem. These so-called “Craft Beers” — (from left to right) Blue Moon, Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy, Crispin Cider, and Batch 19 lager — are all products of MillerCoors. Miller and Coors aren’t exactly niche products.

With so many great local breweries in the New York area — Six Point, Brooklyn, and Blue Point to name a few — the Yankees chose to highlight these mass-produced brews as “craft beers.”

I have no problem with these beers (and cider) being available at Yankee Stadium. I confess that on a hot summer day, I will enjoy a Summer Shandy on occasion, and Blue Moon is certainly a popular beer. But to call them “craft beers” is nonsense and insulting. Real beer drinkers know better but countless numbers of fans will gladly shell out $12 for an overrated beer being marketed as a specialty brew.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly say that I've never gotten a beer at a Cardinals game. I usually eat before it and drink afterwards