• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft III : CHAT

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting yourself above the team is bad IMO.

i mean, it is easy to say he was selfish, and i always had the same thought... if you play every day, you could have been better some games if you had a rest other times... but then you have to go through every single game he played and say, he should have not played this game... Very hard to pinpoint those games, maybe he even had a decent game...

Plus, he had very good post season stats, and he did change positions... So was he THAT selfish?? i honestly, have no clue...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize if the “best and worst” thing for everyone worked up. It was something I do on the other forum and just thought it would be a good idea for here as well. It clearly rustled some feathers and for that I apologize. Just one guys opinion.

That didn't bother me at all, I actually posted the same thing after you did.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text UK

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See y'all tomorrow, be safe!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
educated enough to realize he made more money managing than playing in those early days.. imagine if they did now
He might be the only HOF player with a college degree. Not sure.

There aren't ten big leaguers in the game with one now.

Did he really get paid more to manage than play? He missed a season with some weird eye thing before he started as skipper.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize if the “best and worst” thing for everyone worked up. It was something I do on the other forum and just thought it would be a good idea for here as well. It clearly rustled some feathers and for that I apologize. Just one guys opinion.

Don’t apologize, it just takes a bit for people to come to respect the opinions of others sometimes. Once people get used to where others are coming from and posting habits as well as humor, things like this become fewer and farther between. This definitely hasn’t been a typical draft, much slower than normal and one of our regulars passing away has put an edge to people’s emotions that isn’t usually here.

I genuinely enjoy seeing how people rank players, so you’re best and worst picks wasn’t bad - and several people followed your lead, so don’t feel bad about it. It was very nice to see what you thought.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, well, well.... look what I started. I think there is a clear separation in preference of players, but I don't see a "lack of respect" lol

And as for my bias for modern players, I still did rank Altuve, Verlander, Arenado, and Sosa as worst picks. Its more about value and where you can get players for me.

hmmm, Sosa isn't a modern day player

yada yada - lets go back to Sosa and Arenado as worst picks.

Altuve, Verlander- way too early, but very draftable

Arenado - 6 yrs in the league - already 6 GG- 3b being light- nothing to do with Col air. Then you talk about his offense. If Colorado effect sways you...then leave out PEDers, Tommy John'ers and Cocainers

Sosa - last 600+ on the board. Ped player (can't be selective on PEDers)- want the rest to be listed to see how he stacks up during his yrs. McGuire, Thome, whoever played in the 90's - I could have seen you listing Carlton Fisk, much worse pick.

(I looked at your team Chomp, couldn't find a bad pick, so so so, your sister's ugly)

Using current players - your crazy if you don't pick any.

Blake Snell had the single greatest season by a left hander in 114 yrs. I just found out and was crazy if I passed on him. It doesn't matter what decade, he already is listed having one of the best season of the ever. That includes Koufax, Randy J, ect.

Trout, Kluber, Kershaw, Sale, Arenado you really don't think these are the guys are the ones being drafted after they retire.

This is a ALL TIME draft, not a "retired only player draft."

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be really interesting when basketball comes around. It’s going to be amazing to see what the new guys think of the newer players vs the older players and how they value the 3 point shot.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm, Sosa isn't a modern day player

yada yada - lets go back to Sosa and Arenado as worst picks.

Altuve, Verlander- way too early, but very draftable

Arenado - 6 yrs in the league - already 6 GG- 3b being light- nothing to do with Col air. Then you talk about his offense. If Colorado effect sways you...then leave out PEDers, Tommy John'ers and Cocainers

Sosa - last 600+ on the board. Ped player (can't be selective on PEDers)- want the rest to be listed to see how he stacks up during his yrs. McGuire, Thome, whoever played in the 90's - I could have seen you listing Carlton Fisk, much worse pick.

(I looked at your team Chomp, couldn't find a bad pick, so so so, your sister's ugly)

Using current players - your crazy if you don't pick any.

Blake Snell had the single greatest season by a left hander in 114 yrs. I just found out and was crazy if I passed on him. It doesn't matter what decade, he already is listed having one of the best season of the ever. That includes Koufax, Randy J, ect.

Trout, Kluber, Kershaw, Sale, Arenado you really don't think these are the guys are the ones being drafted after they retire.

This is a ALL TIME draft, not a "retired only player draft."
What makes Snell's season so special? The career high 180 innings?

I don't like that pick tbh. At all.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be the only HOF player with a college degree. Not sure.

There aren't ten big leaguers in the game with one now.

Did he really get paid more to manage than play? He missed a season with some weird eye thing before he started as skipper.

George "klenex" Sisler - a sinis infection cut short his career, gave him double vision, they did give him more to be a player/manager

Just so have happened to read this in the last few days

Mike Marshall - 3 degrees, before playing, including a PHD in Kinesiolgy, while playing. The one who suggested to Tommy John to have this new surgery. Now a Doctor. Errrr not sure on any other player in the majors, but a few that did 4 yrs of college you would only hope at least 10 did.

Breslow has been called “The Smartest Man in Baseball,” and it’s difficult to argue with that moniker. He graduated from Yale in 2002 with a degree in molecular biophysics and biochemistry. The left-hander founded the Strike 3 Foundation in 2008 to raise awareness and funds for childhood cancer research.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes Snell's season so special? The career high 180 innings?

I don't like that pick tbh. At all.

ERA+ 219. 2nd highest to ever be recorded for a left hander in the history of the game. The highest in 1914.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George "klenex" Sisler - a sinis infection cut short his career, gave him double vision, they did give him more to be a player/manager

Just so have happened to read this in the last few days

Mike Marshall - 3 degrees, before playing, including a PHD in Kinesiolgy, while playing. The one who suggested to Tommy John to have this new surgery. Now a Doctor. Errrr not sure on any other player in the majors, but a few that did 4 yrs of college you would only hope at least 10 did.

Breslow has been called “The Smartest Man in Baseball,” and it’s difficult to argue with that moniker. He graduated from Yale in 2002 with a degree in molecular biophysics and biochemistry. The left-hander founded the Strike 3 Foundation in 2008 to raise awareness and funds for childhood cancer research.
Hey, ixnay on the Marshallay.

Lol

Sisler played again. But he definitely wasn't the same.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know it til I looking at ERA+ single seasons, then did some more research because I really didn't want to draft a MLBer 3 seasons in. But can't argue with history.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ERA+ 219. 2nd highest to ever be recorded for a left hander in the history of the game. The highest in 1914.

Sample size should count for something in these drafts imo.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rube Waddell was kinda good.

For a lot more than a year.

and Waddell never had a era+ of 219.

So because Koufax quit and didn't tough out like other pitchers did before him when their arm blows out.

All time best players draft. If I see a "all time best retired players draft" thats the way I will draft.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snell quits tommorrow, it won't change his ERA+219 season.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know it til I looking at ERA+ single seasons, then did some more research because I really didn't want to draft a MLBer 3 seasons in. But can't argue with history.

easy to have such a high ERA+ when you are a glorified relief pitcher!!! NOT EVEN 20 QS, and he averaged below 6 innings per game!!!