• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Decades Draft Chat

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point system is very similar. 10 point max for lineup 3 for bench 8 for rotation and 5 for pen.

If we had not added the 5 players I probably wouldnt have knocked teams down who didnt draft a BU Catcher but being we added an INF I thought people should but thats just my opinion and how I voted I dont expect everyone to feel the same.

I will use my rankings primarily as my way to vote but matchups will also be considered and I will use all 5 SP's.

Thanks for your rankings UK...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll rank the teams properly around 5 today when I get home from beach and have chance to review all teams from my laptop not phone.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll rank the teams properly around 5 today when I get home from beach and have chance to review all teams from my laptop not phone.

You have your priorities all messed up! :L

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank you for your rankings Jeffro...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have your priorities all messed up! :L

If I could've brought my laptop to the beach I would have but sorry guess you will have to wait for me.

Rankings
1. Ritz
2-8 everyone not named nos
9. Nos

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point system is very similar. 10 point max for lineup 3 for bench 8 for rotation and 5 for pen.

If we had not added the 5 players I probably wouldnt have knocked teams down who didnt draft a BU Catcher but being we added an INF I thought people should but thats just my opinion and how I voted I dont expect everyone to feel the same.

I will use my rankings primarily as my way to vote but matchups will also be considered and I will use all 5 SP's.

Thanks for your rankings UK...

Yeah, guys have different ways of ranking, it all ends up the same, lots of good teams

I think when we vote matchups, I am going to go off a 5 game series for everyone. Not a 7 game, bringing back starters, yada yada. All 5 starters get one game each, whichever team wins 3 of the 5 advances. If the starting pitchers are dead even against the lineups, lefty righty pinch hitters and bullpen matchups will decide it. Everyone is at their peak for the 5 games, may the best team win:suds:

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm noticing some didn't think about their lineup until after the draft.... More that half of the teams have leadoff hitters that barely batted 1st in their careers... I'm still deciding how to deduct for that...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm noticing some didn't think about their lineup until after the draft.... More that half of the teams have leadoff hitters that barely batted 1st in their careers... I'm still deciding how to deduct for that...

As I stated after I made my rankings, I was surprised by some of the batting orders...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I looked at it like an all star game. Every MLB player hit 1, 2, 3 or 4 their entire lives until they got to the majors, they were always the best players on their teams

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That doesn't bother me that much. I look at these as All Star Games. How often do players in AS games actually bat where they do during the regular season?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we all differ on how we feel about that, if it were just pick as many home run hitters as you could I think some people might have drafted differently, we were trying to draft the best team in doing so we all know how it works, we all know quicker who get on base typically bat 1st. I will always mark someone down if they got a not so quick home run hitter leading off.

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't bother me that much. I look at these as All Star Games. How often do players in AS games actually bat where they do during the regular season?

Exactly. I could have drafted Kenny Lofton or Otis Nixon so I could say I had a ''traditional'' leadoff hitter. I'll take my chances with Ken Griffey Jr. He hit 2nd most of his career(though he did hit lead off in a few All Star games), but somehow I think he'd be alright lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we all differ on how we feel about that, if it were just pick as many home run hitters as you could I think some people might have drafted differently, we were trying to draft the best team in doing so we all know how it works, we all know speedy guys who get on base typically bat 1st. I will also mark someone down if they got a not so quick home run hitter leading off.

Yeah we differ. I like conventional too, but in the end, it's who would win. I have Pedroia on the bench, he was a leadoff hitter, but he has 500 less career homers than Griffey. We're not talking about a bunch of Dave Kingmans LOL. I would be willing to bet the pitchers would rather see a slap hitter at the top than a guy that could hit for average as well as power to all fields. I believe pitching and hitting trump all:suds:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we differ. I like conventional too, but in the end, it's who would win. I have Pedroia on the bench, he was a leadoff hitter, but he has 500 less career homers than Griffey. We're not talking about a bunch of Dave Kingmans LOL. I would be willing to bet the pitchers would rather see a slap hitter at the top than a guy that could hit for average as well as power to all fields. I believe pitching and hitting trump all:suds:

It is who would win and teams have proven stocking your lineup with all power hitters dont work, Yankees and Orioles come to mind.

I have no problem with people drafting how they want but I will take points away if you are leading off with a 600 home run guy who stole 20 or more bases twice in 22 years. Thats just not the way the game works and we all know it.

You believe pitching and hitting trump all? LOL

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I could have drafted Kenny Lofton or Otis Nixon so I could say I had a ''traditional'' leadoff hitter. I'll take my chances with Ken Griffey Jr. He hit 2nd most of his career(though he did hit lead off in a few All Star games), but somehow I think he'd be alright lol

No doubt they'd be alright... I always had a complete team in the back of mind... Probably why I drafted Rickey...

Ths is why we're voting. We all have slighly different ideas about teams, players and ranking... I've always said that I learn somthing new in every one of these drafts...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is who would win and teams have proven stocking your lineup with all power hitters dont work, Yankees and Orioles come to mind.

I have no problem with people drafting how they want but I will take points away if you are leading off with a 600 home run guy who stole 20 or more bases twice in 22 years. Thats just not the way the game works and we all know it.

Yeah I do. If those Yankees and Orioles teams had Clemens, Carlton and Kershaw pitching for them, their 6 runs a game would play all day
Also, your point is a fail on the game not working that way. Lots of these guys would hit leadoff if they had other great hitters behind them

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, there's some glaring wtf's at the top of orders.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm voting similar to this. (Like making sure there is a stolen base threat on you bench)...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are all free to vote how we please, but the role of a leadoff hitter above all is to get on base........

For the record, in addition to hitting 400 more homers than your more conventional leadoff man......my guy also had a higher career on base percentage lol. Again. Not talking about hitting Dave Kingman or Big Papi leadoff lol

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all free to vote how we please, but the role of a leadoff hitter above all is to get on base........

For the record, in addition to hitting 400 more homers than your more conventional leadoff man......my guy also had a higher career on base percentage lol. Again. Not talking about hitting Dave Kingman or Big Papi leadoff lol

Yep... I definitley am taking OBP into consideration when looking at these leadoff hitters.