• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB controlling Dodgers - effect on the West?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Selig taking control, do you guys think this is just a temporary matter before ownership is given back to McCourt or does this signal that a sale is impending?

With MLB in control, does that essentially freeze any potential of the Dogs trading away some of their big bats?

A few scenarios that I've bounced around in my head was if LA fell out of contention, Ethier or Kemp being shipped out to a team that may need an outfielder (say the Ben Francisco experiment doesn't work out for the Phils)

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I heard a rumor tonight that Lew Wolff wants in on ownership of the Dodgers. He would have to sell his stake in the A'ss real quick-like, but since he's buddy-buddy with Buddy, I would not be surprised if this happened.

One good thing is that if Wolff is looking to get out from under the A'ss, that means the chances of them getting a new stadium in the South Bay are likely not looking good. I REALLY don't want the A'ss to move to San Jose, so even a rumor like this makes me happy.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubt McCourt gets the team back - the guy is flat out broke and I don't think Selig/MLB will want him to get the team back. Welcome new ownership for the Doyers. I hear LA is thrilled with this news although this is nothing compared to what's happening with the Mets.