• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mitchell Trubisky is not good

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McMahon's big issue was his health, or better stated, his lack thereof. Had he been able to enjoy a normal career relatively void of significant injuries, there'd be little doubt he would have easily gone down as our all time greatest QB and would have likely held to this day just about every major record for a Bears QB. Too bad, for a few seasons he was about as fun as any player in the NFL to watch.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim McMahon and Rex Grossman were the best in the later era. Don't know enough about the earlier Bears QBs.

Agree that they have not been successful drafting QBs.

I get that people don't like Cutler, but saying Miller/Grossman were better is pretty clearly absurd.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good info on the Lions there. I can't say i feel bad for them. Welcome to our lives the last 3 years, pretty much.

Cutler was a highly flawed QB but he's the best we've had since McMahon. At least Cutler did what he did for a sustained period. He was middle of the road, sometimes notching up a little higher toward the top of that middle tier and sometimes toward the bottom of it. It's not Cutler's fault that Bears QB standards are so damn low.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that people don't like Cutler, but saying Miller/Grossman were better is pretty clearly absurd.

Well, there's talent better, and there's leadership/grit/toughness better.

Cutler had the talent, yes, but not the rest.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's talent better, and there's leadership/grit/toughness better.

Cutler had the talent, yes, but not the rest.

But... Cutler was clearly better. He performed better. lol. In every way and every metric possible.

Those two guys were career backups. This is an absurd conversation.

Also, Rex Grossman a leader? Lol. Chubby frat boy who once made an excuse after a loss on New Years Eve that "he was thinking about the partying after"? That leadership?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But... Cutler was clearly better. He performed better. lol. In every way and every metric possible.

Also, Rex Grossman a leader? Lol. Chubby frat boy who once made an excuse after a loss on New Years Eve that "he was thinking about the partying after"? That leadership?

Jay Cutler is better, eh?

Bears vs. Packers - Box Score - September 13, 2009 - ESPN

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The minimum type of leadership that can win playoff games.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The minimum type of leadership that can win playoff games.

You mean like when Cutler totaled 4 TD's (2 running and 2 throwing) 0 INT's a 100+ QB rating in a playoff win?

2010 Divisional Round: Seattle Seahawks vs. Chicago Bears - NFL Playoffs

When was Miller's playoff win again?

When did Rex do anything but not fuck up for this team? lol... You cannot possibly quantify this.

Just look up their performance. You have a better argument with Erik Kramer or McMahon. This is laughable. They're two of the worst. Not the best.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...We're not talking about Trubisky anymore...Never mind. Carry on.

Yeah, I was speaking on the ridiculous notion that Grossman and Jim Miller were our best QB's of the modern era. lol

They are probably two of the worst. Orton was better than them.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say let him loose so we can find out. Let him make mistakes and learn. He looks so scared to make a mistake. Making him a 1 read and checkdown Guy does him no good. I don’t want a tyrod taylor. I’ll rather him be a bust than that.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was his 13th start guys. Ever.
He's learning. And he still did pretty good IMO.
There's enough blame to go around for Sunday Night.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now, i am leaning towards Trubisky not being that great ... however, Nagy may be able to help him ... he's been pretty good with QB's and offenses

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood why Trubisky was drafted so high after watching him play his college football at North Carolina.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood why Trubisky was drafted so high after watching him play his college football at North Carolina.
I was furious when they drafted him because I bet the over in his last college gm. He threw 3 picks in the red zone in the first half of that gm against Stanford. He does seem to have the skill set to be successful though. He just needs to put it together.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was furious when they drafted him because I bet the over in his last college gm. He threw 3 picks in the red zone in the first half of that gm against Stanford. He does seem to have the skill set to be successful though. He just needs to put it together.

I agree with you because during his last season at UNC I saw him play all of his games either in person or on TV and he didn't look all that great to me with all the hype he was getting.