• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mitch Mustain signs minor league contract with Chicago White Sox

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude really screwed his career up by leaving Arkansas for USC. He was one of the top Freshmen QB's in college, but he decided to transfer and sit a year. He never saw the field again because USC got Barkley and decided to start him as a Freshman. I really wonder where this guys career would have gone if he just stayed at Arkansas as the starter for 3 or 4 years.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This dude really screwed his career up by leaving Arkansas for USC. He was one of the top Freshmen QB's in college, but he decided to transfer and sit a year. He never saw the field again because USC got Barkley and decided to start him as a Freshman. I really wonder where this guys career would have gone if he just stayed at Arkansas as the starter for 3 or 4 years.

Some of those years would have been spent sitting behind Ryan Mallett.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, with a name like Mitch Mustain, he most likely would've never amounted to anything at QB anyways.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those years would have been spent sitting behind Ryan Mallett.

Maybe
But could've worked the other way as well. Mustain had a great Freshman year in the SEC. He likely could have made Mallet have to sit on the bench. The starting job at Arkansas was his to lose. The starting job at USC was never his and apparently never going to be. I know he mostly transferred because Petrino left I think, but in hindsight it was a dumb move.

Transferring is not always bad though. Jarvis Jones left USC to go to Georgia and ended up one the nations top OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, with a name like Mitch Mustain, he most likely would've never amounted to anything at QB anyways.

Ha... With a name like that, you grow a nice mustache and you can make a decent living in ****.

But I think he believed when he went to USC he would end up starting after Sanchez left. It would have been a great move had that been the case.... and had Carroll not fallen in love with Barkley.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ha... With a name like that, you grow a nice mustache and you can make a decent living in ****.

But I think he believed when he went to USC he would end up starting after Sanchez left. It would have been a great move had that been the case.... and had Carroll not fallen in love with Barkley.

Who was that great receiver who came over to SC from Arkansas with Mustain?