• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri State at Iowa

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well this is pretty shitty already, they should have a td if their WR could have caught the ball, and our first possession is a 3 and out on poor play calling...going to be a long day

defense against the spread again...we just don't have the horses from what I see

It's early...I'm not to keen on the D either but theyll get better

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like the D has picked it up, but our offense blows hugely, they barely have any rush yards and it seems our secondary is there for the exploiting but they won't do it.

Offense, wow, no idea what is going on at all. Jake playing conservatively but I think that is also cause our WR cannot get separation at all. This is an FCS team...we are doomed if we can't blow them out.

7-0 at halftime is pathetic

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure looks like the WRing corps has resurrected the case of the 'dropsies'. I see Rudock throwing a pretty good ball - hitting his guys in the hands - but the WRs not looking the ball in.

I'm glad to see Iowa's D-Line tying up the O-Line of Missouri St...that frees up Iowa's LBs to come in and crunch people!!!

Also seeing a lot of blitzes run by Iowa's D!!! Now, I'm waiting to see if Parker keeps calling those blitzes against the rest of the opponents on the schedule!

And far too many offensive penalties!!!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013, the year of the non sack, our d line can eat up the run at least

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone,

Statistically...not much at all to complain about.

- I love the edge Iowa had in time of possession!
- Rushing attempts and yards - absolutely terrific numbers. Plus it keeps the defense off the field!
- Rudock is putting the balls in good position for his WRs. The WRs need to make the catch.
- The penalties are one area of concern that I have. Some were defensive...the most were offensive drive killers.
- I'm really surprised that the speedy Powell wasn't involved in the vertical passing attack today.
- Leshun Daniels looked good. In some respects, he looks like a young Shonn Greene. Definitely a promising player.
- The D-Line looked good and freed up the LBs to come in a deliver big hits. Just what these Senior LBs needed!!!!!
- Like I said in a previous posting, just waiting to see if Parker continues to call his blitz packages against the rest of Iowa's opponents.

Statistically, this was a dominating performance by Iowa...but I am concerned that Iowa didn't bury Missouri St on the scoreboard.

Good Win Hawkeye's!!!!

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Need to take care of these dumb mental mistakes that are derailing drives.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we barely lost to a good N. Illinois team last week and kind of ho-hummed it today against a bad, BAD team that has not won vs. an FBS school since....1990? Really hard to judge this team thus far, just doesn't feel like all cylinders are clicking quite yet other than the rushing game which seems to be 5 - 8 yards per carry. Defense still looks slow to me other than the LBs.

I really don't understand Ferentz's substitution patterns/thinking. So we've got Canzeri/Bullock/Weisman taking the bulk of carries and he decides to add a FOURTH RB today in Daniels? Liked what I saw from him, but I just don't get it. He'll stick with a pretty awful QB for an entire season and never once put in his backup to get reps, yet he'll throw in a 4th string RB and blow his chance at a redshirt??? Would like to hear his reasoning there.

Anyway.....WRs, as usual, need to get better. Rudoch had a decent enough game, kind of buddyfucked CJ on that rollout by not lobbing him a TD pass when he was wide open. CJ is still falling down hard at first contact, sure wish that kid would play ANGRY for once and put his head down and plow through a DB.

A win is a win, I guess. Seems like an eternity since we've won.

Yawn.