• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri State at Iowa

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, have to say I am decently confident Iowa will win this game. You never know, it could happen, but I have to be secure in thinking we break the losing streak. The story of MO State's coach coming home is nice, Iowa City native and all, but I feel we have to win this one.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferentz left with 3 timeouts and 30 yards to go to be in Meyer's FG range, 1:18 left on the clock, sits on it opting for OT. After blocking the Bears FG, Rudock fumbles the snap and a 358 pound DL lineman from Bears races 88 yards for the game winning TD in OT. Missouri State 12, Iowa 6.

Or, after throwing for 4 first half TD's, Iowa now has a QB controversy on it's hands after both backups find the field in the second half and are more efficient in moving the ball. Iowa 54, Missouri State 0.

Or...something in between.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa should be able to display their athletes in this game and should win 52-7, the 7 points coming off of a fake field goal from the 50 yard line that Iowa wasn't prepared for....

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa should be able to display their athletes in this game and should win 52-7, the 7 points coming off of a fake field goal from the 50 yard line that Iowa wasn't prepared for....

LOL...why doesn't everyone fake FG/punt against us

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...why doesn't everyone fake FG/punt against us

No kidding. I'd like to see the stats but I'm guessing it's a 90%+ success rate vs. Iowa in the Ferentz era. Actually, I can't remember one NOT working against us but am guessing a few were stopped.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding. I'd like to see the stats but I'm guessing it's a 90%+ success rate vs. Iowa in the Ferentz era. Actually, I can't remember one NOT working against us but am guessing a few were stopped.

if we don't drop a punt returner back there during crunch time maybe we'll get the stop...then GDGD will run a bubble screen on the 5 yard line and Rudock throws a pick 6...either way we are fucked!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really pisses me off about it (besides losing) is the fact that KMM fair catches every fucking punt anyway! Why not put a punt safe on every time??? Or better yet, put one of the young guys that have a ton of speed, but somehow the coaches find a way to sit them like Flemming, etc. return punts. Complete bullshit! Also how does Powell and Smith not get more looks at wr??? Lets be honest, they are much better athletes than Hillyer. Where the hell is Nico Law? A safety that runs a 4.4 40 & hits like a lb, but sits behind someone who does neither. Law and Lomax would be a good dual at safety.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Iowa loses to Iowa State and Western Michigan, and sits at 1 and 3 entering the Big 10. Ferentz will get his wish, a 15 million dollar buy out.

Frankly I don't ever wish to watch another Ferentz coached game in my life. 7 straight losses and even IF we win Saturday it won't feel like a win. I'd actually prefer another loss. We could end up being on a run of missing bowl games longer than the Basketball team missed the NCAA which ends this year.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special teams has never been a strength of Ferentz coached teams. I'd say other than clock management that's been his biggest achilles. I think it boils down to depth, or lack thereof. Iowa's 2nd and 3rd teamers are a far cry from the Michigan/OSU/NE 2nd and 3rd teamers so we're **always** being outplayed on ST year in and year out. Having said that, there is zero excuse for constantly giving up fake FGs/Punts year after year. Usually when it happens it's an obvious situation or at the very least, semi-obvious (i.e. at mid-field, close game, etc.). As Aaron said, 99% of the time it's fair caught anyway so why not just drop back literally everyone to block and prevent any shenanigans. Baffling.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still calling for 8-10 wins this year, after watching B1G games during wk 1, the B1G is not good again and I like the players on this years team. Punt safe every fucking time!!!!!!!

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a game that I picked Iowa to win: 49-13. The second half might be one of the most conservative efforts that we've seen from KF.

The run of top 10 finishes that KF had several years back is the last time that I feel Iowa had great special teams play. It seems that KF is afraid of an error happening on a punt received...so he prefers to just make a fair catch and then go with the offense. The only thing KF desires from his punt returner is to just catch the ball.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a game that I picked Iowa to win: 49-13. The second half might be one of the most conservative efforts that we've seen from KF.

The run of top 10 finishes that KF had several years back is the last time that I feel Iowa had great special teams play. It seems that KF is afraid of an error happening on a punt received...so he prefers to just make a fair catch and then go with the offense. The only thing KF desires from his punt returner is to just catch the ball.

We had decent special teams back in 2008-2009 as well...we also had a great defense as well...it slipped in 2010 when we had no depth on D...those guys were huffing and puffing come the 4th quarter...it starts with a good D, something we've lacked the past few years

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope we see a 30 point lead at the end of 3 so we can see our back up QB get some reps. I'd also like to see them put the foot down when said backup plays. (wishful thinking though)

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why set yourselves up for this? I really am more interested in the basketball team and Hockey team (for those who didn't know Iowa had a hockey team, I have actually seen them in KC)

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Special teams has never been a strength of Ferentz coached teams. I'd say other than clock management that's been his biggest achilles. I think it boils down to depth, or lack thereof. Iowa's 2nd and 3rd teamers are a far cry from the Michigan/OSU/NE 2nd and 3rd teamers so we're **always** being outplayed on ST year in and year out. Having said that, there is zero excuse for constantly giving up fake FGs/Punts year after year. Usually when it happens it's an obvious situation or at the very least, semi-obvious (i.e. at mid-field, close game, etc.). As Aaron said, 99% of the time it's fair caught anyway so why not just drop back literally everyone to block and prevent any shenanigans. Baffling.

They used to be good at special teams. We need more guys like Ochoa and Cervantes. But I agree, Ferentz is horrible on gameday. Many times we have the better athletes sitting on the bench.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well this is pretty shitty already, they should have a td if their WR could have caught the ball, and our first possession is a 3 and out on poor play calling...going to be a long day

defense against the spread again...we just don't have the horses from what I see

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: