• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minor Leagues in 2021

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the list of projected minor league free agents from the farm system. Gott, Jewell, Moronta and Tauchman have already declared free agency (due to MLB rules about dfa'd players being able to declare early).

I think that the way it works is ...

The first time you are DFA'd, you have no choice (UNLESS you have at least 3 years of service time, then you can refuse and become a free agent).

After the first DFA, any time you are DFA'd, you you can refuse and become a free agent, independently of your service time.

Actually, more precise would be "outrighted" (removed from the 40-man and sent to the minors) - you don't have to be DFA'd (which often ends with being outrighted but involves more stuff).

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the way it works is ...

The first time you are DFA'd, you have no choice (UNLESS you have at least 3 years of service time, then you can refuse and become a free agent).

After the first DFA, any time you are DFA'd, you you can refuse and become a free agent, independently of your service time.

Actually, more precise would be "outrighted" (removed from the 40-man and sent to the minors) - you don't have to be DFA'd (which often ends with being outrighted but involves more stuff).
Marco sighting!

My reference to dfa'd players being able to declare early was specific to guys who could become minor league free agents and were declared before the deadline set for after the completion of the World Series. In the case of these players, they had already been dfa'd and have accepted their outright assignments but because their current assignment was due to having accepted the assignment rather than testing free agency, MILB allowed them to become free agents before the rest of the minor league free agent class was formally announced.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do minor league coaches make per year?

Obviously, I think it matters what kind of cache you bring, and what level and position, but what are some guesses? Or better yet, if anyone KNOWS, what are the semi-accurate numbers?