• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota will be a consistent B1G West contender with continued recruiting success

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you ignore the Bowling Green game, and it's an ooc game so you can to a degree, we have possibly the best chance to win the Division and get to the CCG that we've had in a long time. We beat Purdue, so we have the tiebreaker against them, so if we win out, we win, it's that simple. And Iowa proved this weekend that they are beatable. Maybe that was their version of our Bowling Green game, and they'll go back to beating everyone? If so, then we come just one win away, again, and hopefully we keep our bowl game winning streak alive?

Against OSU we looked good. Granted Ibrahim was in the game for most of that game. Vs Colorado, we again looked very good. Vs Purdue, I didn't get to see that game but we won and they are arguably out best competition in the West. Ahead of us are nothing but teams below us in the standings, and then Iowa, who is tied with us if you just look at the loss column.

Now lets dream a little, lol. Wouldn't it be interesting for everyone, and definitely fun for us, if we could win out up to Iowa, and Iowa wins out up to us, so they are slowly move back up into the Top 5 from where they drop to after this weekend, and if we watch the Purdue vs Iowa game tape and figure out how to beat them, and do it, have we even entered the Top 25 before the Iowa game? I'd think we'd have to have at least cracked it. With so many ranked teams losing this year, who could they argue were the 25 better teams if we are sitting at what, 9-2 going into the Iowa game? So then beating Iowa would have to give us a nice boost. But here is where the real dreaming starts, so what if we then go on to beat a 1 loss PSU or OSU team, or an undefeated Michigan or MSU team? Whichever one of those 4 wins out to win the East, would have to have climbed up into the Top 4 by then if they win out from here until the CCG, so if we then pulled a big upset and won the CCG, could we, or would we then end up keeping the B1G from getting a team into the CFP? Because with our Bowling Green loss, I don't think the pollsters would move us up into the Top 4 with 2 losses, even if we beat Iowa and then the B1G East Champs. And I don't think I'd want to get there, either. At best we'd go in as the #4 team and have to play Georgia and even though I said. "lets dream", I also said, "a little", and going on to beat Georgia just isn't going to happen, I don't think. We seem to be able to plug almost anyone into the RB position and they can rush for 100 yards, but we've also not played anyone really good without Ibrahim. Morgan has shown flashes of brilliance, breaking his(UMn's?) consecutive completions record last game, but broke the streak with back to back interceptions, so unless he figures out how not to do that anymore, no way we beat any late season Top 5 ranked teams. But, if he did have a mistake free game, and our receivers had a mistake free game, and if Fleck figures out how to change things up enough to be less predictable, I suppose anything is possible? Oh, our rush defense seems pretty good, but again, we haven't had to face anyone really good yet, outside of OSU, but that was their first game, so I'd be very concerned about our pass defense. We could possibly score a lot of points, like we did vs OSU. We were like one of the only teams to put 31 points on OSU, unfortunately we let them score 45, and I suspect that Georgia would be much tougher than the version of OSU we played.

Anyone disagree and think we would end up in the CFP if we won out to win the Conf Title? I'd like to be proven wrong.

Anyone remember how Michigan finished out after losing to App St back in what, 2005 was it?