• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minkah Fitzpatrick Now A Steeler

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's just no way you can bury this trade until all the IF's unfold.

IF Rudolph stinks....
IF the teams flops this year and that pick is top 5-10...
IF Ben doesn't come back...
IF another QB (not Tua) is a future franchise QB and he could have been within reach...

The more I think about it... The more I like this gamble.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Superbelt said, this is a huge vote of confidence in Mason. I get the feeling that the 2021 is definitely the "end of the regime". With all the uncertainty surrounding the future after that point, it seems as though the team is still ALL IN on these final couple years.

The tradeoff could be huge if they still contend for the postseason. But as Steelerspride said, this will really hurt if they flop the season and miss the playoffs.

I'm intent to ride this out for face value though. They got a helluva player in Minkah. I do, however, have plenty of doubt about whether he can thrive in this system. I have wondered for years whether or not you could insert a pro bowl caliber player and they would look terrible in these schemes. Haden had a rough start in 2017 but seems to be much improved over the last season & this year. Praying that Minkah has quicker returns and balls out, but I'm still apprehensive about it.

The way I'm looking at this right now...I'm glass half full on Rudolph. If the season finishes below the playoffs and it's a top 10 pick, it obviously looks worse, but imo they're not going to be top 5 pick bad and were not going to get Tua. MIA is hellbent on starting over and they will have the 1st choice in this upcoming draft and Tua will likely be their guy.

So outside of QB, who in the top 10 would they target?...WR from Bama? The DE from Iowa? or the S from LSU? Replacing Dupree with a stud on the edge, adding to Juju, or shoring up the backend...those would probably be the top 3 positions they would target.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that's playing at SS (A position he doesn't want to play), on a team he wanted off of.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that's playing at SS (A position he doesn't want to play), on a team he wanted off of.
I pray that he is plug & play though and they don't spoon feed him into the defense. This sort of trade should put him into the fire immediately.

Haven't done a ton of homework on the kid to know what sort of football IQ he has. But seeing his college accolades I have to imagine he's got a great head on his shoulders.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pray that he is plug & play though and they don't spoon feed him into the defense. This sort of trade should put him into the fire immediately.

Haven't done a ton of homework on the kid to know what sort of football IQ he has. But seeing his college accolades I have to imagine he's got a great head on his shoulders.
They have to plug him right in.

Davis has a torn labrum, right shoulder.

Kam already failed and is the likely cut to make room for Minkah anyway.

If he isn't starting Week 3, and topping the snap chart for Defense, I'll be surprised.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it’s not anti Rudolph at all. It’s insurance. What have you seen to guarantee u he is the guy?

Just Hebert would of been #1 this year if he came out. Fromm is there, joe burrow the kid from Utah state , kJ Costello and the list is growing

Okay...Hebert and Tua this year...Fromm is probably not coming out until 2021 imo and the kid from Clemson as well. So if Rudolph is not the next franchise QB, then they will get one in 2021.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There has to be a crash study going on right now, but I think Davis has some health issues, torn labram

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to plug him right in.

Davis has a torn labrum, right shoulder.

Kam already failed and is the likely cut to make room for Minkah anyway.

If he isn't starting Week 3, and topping the snap chart for Defense, I'll be surprised.

There has to be a crash study going on right now, but I think Davis has some health issues, torn labram
If Davis is done for the forseeable future then they have to IR him. Maybe even IR-recall him since they still have that designation. Kam Kelly has to stick around. Dangerfield still in the fold.

I could see them moving Hilton back there this week to give Minkah a week to adapt. Sutton is capable and can fill the slot role.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love this move. that is all.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Davis is done for the forseeable future then they have to IR him. Maybe even IR-recall him since they still have that designation. Kam Kelly has to stick around. Dangerfield still in the fold.

I could see them moving Hilton back there this week to give Minkah a week to adapt. Sutton is capable and can fill the slot role.
Hilton did practice to be the emergency 3rd string FS last year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilton did practice to be the emergency 3rd string FS last year.
Yep, and has been rotating there all offseason & preseason. He's ready for it.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everything I am seeing has Fitzpatrick at corner for us.

I just assumed he would be playing FS?

Anything definitive from the team yet?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everything I am seeing has Fitzpatrick at corner for us.

I just assumed he would be playing FS?

Anything definitive from the team yet?
He's playing FS. That's the need. Anyone you see having him play corner is an idiot.

Corner is solid. Nelson and Haden are outside corners. And Minkah isn't even an outside corner.

Hilton and Sutton are playing really well at nickel. No need to trade a 1st to replace a bright spot.

The hole is FS.