• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Milwaukee Brewers 2013 Ongoing Thread

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season doesnt look like its going to get any better.

didn't realize you were a member Malibu

I hear ya. Sucks to have to wait for football while we are still in the month of May

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't realize you were a member Malibu

I hear ya. Sucks to have to wait for football while we are still in the month of May

Here is a feel good story, meant to tide you over for a bit longer Packerz.

When the Milwaukee Brewers began their "Brewers Win, You Win" promotion at the beginning of the month, I don't think the marketing folks figured the club would win so few games.

Feeling confident after finishing the month of April by winning 12 of 15, the Brewers launched a campaign that would knock a dollar off the price of Terrace Box seats for the June 3-5 series against the Athletics with every game that the Brewers won in the month of May. Unfortunately, Milwaukee has won just five games since the promotion started.

Seeking to reward the fans in spite of the team's persistent struggles, outfielder Ryan Braun has donated a substantial sum of money -- about $60,000 -- to make sure that those seats are discounted in a big way, reports John Steinmiller of MLB.com. For each of the three games against the A's next month, up to 4,000 seats -- normally priced between $23-$24 -- will be available for just $8 (Braun's number, not coincidentally).
Tickets for the promotion go on sale this Friday at 10 am ET.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a feel good story, meant to tide you over for a bit longer Packerz.

When the Milwaukee Brewers began their "Brewers Win, You Win" promotion at the beginning of the month, I don't think the marketing folks figured the club would win so few games.

Feeling confident after finishing the month of April by winning 12 of 15, the Brewers launched a campaign that would knock a dollar off the price of Terrace Box seats for the June 3-5 series against the Athletics with every game that the Brewers won in the month of May. Unfortunately, Milwaukee has won just five games since the promotion started.

Seeking to reward the fans in spite of the team's persistent struggles, outfielder Ryan Braun has donated a substantial sum of money -- about $60,000 -- to make sure that those seats are discounted in a big way, reports John Steinmiller of MLB.com. For each of the three games against the A's next month, up to 4,000 seats -- normally priced between $23-$24 -- will be available for just $8 (Braun's number, not coincidentally).
Tickets for the promotion go on sale this Friday at 10 am ET.

Is a nice story and a pretty classy move by Braun. However, the way they are playing now, you would have to pay people to come see them. :(

I still support the team but it is a labor of love more than anything else

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Im ready for football already. CBS blows and this is the best site I have seen so far but wish everyone else would get on this site that was on CBS.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some good folks over at NGS as well

did I mention losing 5 in a row??

Jesus Christ

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when will the bleeding stop????

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to their old ways against the A's I'm afraid

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rare positive stat for your pitchers?

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like Gentleman Jim is not fully recovered from his hammy injury

first runs he has given up this season

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, the good news -

Racing mascots — in real life or merely on jumbotrons — have been a part of the baseball landscape for many years now. The oldest among them — at least the oldest among them that is more elaborate than the old scoreboard dot race — is the Klement’s Sausage Race at Brewers’ games. It began on June 27, 1993, and the Brewers are celebrating its 20th anniversary.
For historys sake, Bratwurst beat the Italian Sausage and the Polish Sausage in the first race. There were only three sausages then. Hot Dog and Chorizo would come later.

Now, the bad news -

Ryan Braun played through a thumb injury for a long time before finally being placed on the disabled list this week and Adam McCalvy of MLB.com [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]347750412260093953[/MEDIA]"]reports[/ame] that it now “seems likely he’ll miss much more than the minimum 15 days.”
That makes the Brewers’ decision to let Braun remain on the active roster for so long seem even more questionable, although for the most part the former MVP remained productive with what the team is now calling an inflamed nerve in his right hand.
Because the disabled list stint was backdated Braun is eligible to return Monday, but that’s obviously not going to happen and missing the remainder of the first half sounds possible at this point.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the hits just keep on coming :(

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was I the only one who thought I needed to get my eyes checked, or, get my T.V checked, when watching the game yesterday?

The Milwaukee Brewers might be the the most culturally inclusive team in Major League Baseball. Based in one of the more diverse towns in the U.S., the Brewers don't forget anybody.
Having already recognized the Germans, Italians and Latinos with special uniforms, the Brew Crew donned uniforms Sunday that reflected Greater Milwaukee's Polish heritage. Instead of "Brewers," the unis said "Piwowarzy" — which is pronounced pee-vo-VAHZH-ih and is Polish for "Brewers." Peevo Vazjha. Makes me think of Peebo Bryson. The jerseys were colored in red and white, hues of Poland's flag, and all of Miller Park featured little Polish happenings, including polka-on-demand.
The Brewers also gave away Polish Racing Sausage bobblehead dolls. The Brewers famous Sausage Race references Italians, Germans, Poles, Latinos (via the chorizo) and the all-inclusive American demographic (via the hot dog). But this day belonged to the Polish.
Update: If you want to buy a game-used Polish jersey, like the one Carlos Gomez crashed into the fence wearing, or you just want one of your own, here are some instructions:

"Piwowarzy" jersey t-shirts and jerseys will be available for purchase at the Brewers Team Store by Majestic at Miller Park beginning on Friday.
The game-used jerseys from Sunday's game will be available for sale at the Brewers Authentics kiosk, which is located on the Field Level Concourse along the first base side, starting on Tuesday, June 25. Pre-orders are currently being accepted by calling (414) 902-4479 or by emailing [email protected].