• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Walace looking for 13 per?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Before, I was reading reports that Mike Wallace would get around 11 million per season. Now I'm reading reports they're thinking 13 per.

It's not looking good for him coming to SF. :(

This WR situation is starting to remind me of the CB situation in the late '90's. Not a lot of good options out there. Percy Harvin wants even more money than Wallace, and he'd cost pick(s). Greg Jennings' body is starting to break down. Wes Welker is not the Red Zone target the Niners need, but he might actually be the best fit of the aforementioned names. All Texas Tech WR corps?

It's looking to me like the Niners are going to have to rely on AJ Jenkins (shutter) and some later draft picks because Justin Hunter & Keenan Allen will be gone before they pick.

They should look at Kenny Stills and / or Da'Rick Rogers in addition to signing a guy like Amendola or Welker. The WR situation probably isn't going to be the strength I was hoping it would be. The Niners should've traded for Steve Smith last year.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind looking at D. Alexander, he was given a low tender by SD. It would give us insirance if we can't land a WR early (at the right value) and AJ continues to struggle. In that scenario, I also wouldn't mind looking to pick up a red zone TE.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I almost forgot that the Jets could might Santonio Holmes. He could be an option.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Somebody gonna over pay 4 his azz big time then. The guy isn't worth near 13mil, but he'll probably get it.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really weird how the NFL apparently doesn't factor production into the salaries they pay or what their players demand. Basically one guy's huge payday hijacks an entire position.

It's like some sort of magic spell, Albert Haynesworth got paid big and then for like 2 years every FA DT got paid well above their real value simply because somehow a premium was put on DT because Daniel Snyder is a jackass. It seems to be happening to the WR position, just because Megatron and Fitzgerald got huge contracts all of the little guys feel like they should be paid just as much even though they aren't even close to being the player Megatron and Fitz are...

Wallace, Harvin, and Jennings all asking for 10-15 mil a year is kind of a joke... for the love of Pete, Harvin hasn't even had a single 1000 yard season, Jennings hasn't gone over 1000 yards since 2010. Wallace at least has done enough so far that I could understand taking the gamble that he'll just keep getting better, but still, he hasn't even come close to matching Megatron or Fitz in the stats department so why should he get to match their pay?

How the hell did these sports agents pull this off? Where they somehow tricked the GMs and players into thinking that contracts with special circumstances should be the benchmark at the position?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the Dolphins make that mistake.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I absolutely believe he's a 9er last season if his asking price wasn't so high. So we were never going to be a player in grabbing him anyways.

There is a reason Baalke went with Jenkins last year and that was to be the "Wallace" on our team.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There is a reason Baalke went with Jenkins last year and that was to be the "Wallace" on our team.

Right. The reason was he made a huge mistake. He should have just realized that the WR position was a mess and that Wallace could have fixed that. He should've bit the bullett & paid his obscene salary demands. The Niners would have been Superbowl champions with Wallace on the team last year.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Right. The reason was he made a huge mistake. He should have just realized that the WR position was a mess and that Wallace could have fixed that. He should've bit the bullett & paid his obscene salary demands. The Niners would have been Superbowl champions with Wallace on the team last year.

Wallace cannot play corner. Our wide receivers did not lost the SB last year, our conerback did - one person in particular!

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace cannot play corner. Our wide receivers did not lost the SB last year, our conerback did - one person in particular!

Again, this

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lame:

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wouldn't mind looking at D. Alexander, he was given a low tender by SD. It would give us insirance if we can't land a WR early (at the right value) and AJ continues to struggle. In that scenario, I also wouldn't mind looking to pick up a red zone TE.

Totally onboard with getting Denario Alexander. He was the Chargers best receiver down the stretch, better than Gates. They totally overpaid for Robert Meachem and the guy stunk, Meachem and Eddie Royal are probably why they cannot give Alexander more money, but Alexander clearly way outplayed both.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Alexander is also 6'5" and 217 so it gives us that big target we are missing. Our biggest target is Vernon at 6'3".

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Before, I was reading reports that Mike Wallace would get around 11 million per season. Now I'm reading reports they're thinking 13 per.

It's not looking good for him coming to SF. :(

This WR situation is starting to remind me of the CB situation in the late '90's. Not a lot of good options out there. Percy Harvin wants even more money than Wallace, and he'd cost pick(s). Greg Jennings' body is starting to break down. Wes Welker is not the Red Zone target the Niners need, but he might actually be the best fit of the aforementioned names. All Texas Tech WR corps?

It's looking to me like the Niners are going to have to rely on AJ Jenkins (shutter) and some later draft picks because Justin Hunter & Keenan Allen will be gone before they pick.

They should look at Kenny Stills and / or Da'Rick Rogers in addition to signing a guy like Amendola or Welker. The WR situation probably isn't going to be the strength I was hoping it would be. The Niners should've traded for Steve Smith last year.

Sickness now that Harvin has been traded you think a contract negotiation will take place? I saw his average salary was around $2.5-$2.9 (I don't rem the exact #). The reason I ask is because though Seattle gave up 3 picks, for the money being paid to Harvin that is a good deal. Niners had a significant amount of picks and cap space that could have been used to make this happen. Do you think SF maybe didn't over pursue was because the amount of money he would be asking for in future dollars not current?

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Harvin was still playing on his rookie contract, I heard rumors the new deal with Seattle will put him in top 5 WR class.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't be so sure. Wallace did little to make his stock rise this past season. Dropped a lot of balls.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Don't be so sure. Wallace did little to make his stock rise this past season. Dropped a lot of balls.

When you're putting him up against Kyle Williams in the NFC Championship game against the Giants or Moss in the superbowl, I'll take a few dropped balls over the course of the season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Re: Boldin

By bye Wallace. We hardly knew ye. Should've been a Niner last season. :(