• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Tomlin

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sure a lot saw the play where Jacoby Jones was returning the kick. My question is how do the refs not see it or make a call on that? Tomlin literally had a foot on the play of field.

And secondly, if they saw it, Tomlin should be thrown out the game. Flat out cheating is what it is. He should be suspended the next game IMO.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the rule that took the TD away from Bell at the end. Kid gave himself up to put that ball into the endzone for his team only to have a dumb rule take it back. They rule the play dead the moment his helmet was popped off instead of giving him the forward progress. I get they want to protect players, but he was already going to the ground so what exactly was the rule protecting him from in the 2 seconds between the helmet going off and his body hitting the ground? It sure wasn't going to stop him from taking another shot to the head if someone else was coming in. The play being dead the moment the ball carriers helmet comes off should be chalked up as another new rule that needs further clarification. If a guy is in the process of going down when the helmet goes flying off at least give him the forward progress.

As for Tomlin, I guess he's just a big NBA fan and figured he would try some of the NBA coaches moves in the NFL. I bet we see him go all Bobby "Hulk" Knight next week and rip out one of the player benches to throw it across the field when a bad penalty goes against the Steelers.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's bush league. He should be fined HEAVILY by the league as far as I'm concerned. More so because he avoided a penalty in the game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the rule that took the TD away from Bell at the end. Kid gave himself up to put that ball into the endzone for his team only to have a dumb rule take it back. They rule the play dead the moment his helmet was popped off instead of giving him the forward progress. I get they want to protect players, but he was already going to the ground so what exactly was the rule protecting him from in the 2 seconds between the helmet going off and his body hitting the ground? It sure wasn't going to stop him from taking another shot to the head if someone else was coming in. The play being dead the moment the ball carriers helmet comes off should be chalked up as another new rule that needs further clarification. If a guy is in the process of going down when the helmet goes flying off at least give him the forward progress.

As for Tomlin, I guess he's just a big NBA fan and figured he would try some of the NBA coaches moves in the NFL. I bet we see him go all Bobby "Hulk" Knight next week and rip out one of the player benches to throw it across the field when a bad penalty goes against the Steelers.

Make it discretionary? You would need language out there to allow these as TDs, but in the off chance that a defender does see a helmetless player he has no incentive to stop that forward progress. I think it happens too fast for anyone to see it and no one would admit noticing it, I just think automatic rule are less likely to be accepted in a rule change.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally never root for guys to be fired, but I am in this case. That was a pure move of desperation by this guy, I was throwing shit in the house after the incident and then the no call. A fine should be coming on this clown as I read the official that blew the call may also be downgraded...In real time the League needs to start fining officials to make them tighten up their shit

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He clearly stuck his foot out on purpose. He should be suspended or at least heavily fined.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, i thought it looked intentional also. not only was he practically on the field, but his little skip/jump looked a little suspicious.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably will get a suspension and the refs will probably get a reprimand as well for letting him get away with it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 1 game suspension. Very poor on his part

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Goodell loves to make examples out of people...

And in this case, I would agree with Goodell if he does hit Tomlin hard on this...

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably will get a suspension and the refs will probably get a reprimand as well for letting him get away with it.

Disagree on reprimanding the refs as they are not accustomed to having to look for HC physically breaking rules like Tomlin did.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell loves to make examples out of people...

And in this case, I would agree with Goodell if he does hit Tomlin hard on this...

I hope he does suspend him. Bush league.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope he does suspend him. Bush league.

The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off...

Its hard enough as it is to battle eleven guys, but when a coach of all people can physically effect play on the feild its a direct slap in the face to the game! It shows no respect or integrity toward your opponent, your own team or the game itself...

I hope he gets suspended for that stupid smirk alone, that he had on his face after the play was over...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Its hard enough as it is to battle eleven guys, but when a coach of all people can physically effect play on the feild its a direct slap in the face to the game! It shows no respect or integrity toward your opponent, your own team or the game itself...

I hope he gets suspended for that stupid smirk alone, that he had on his face after the play was over...

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think he's got to be suspended. Just inexcusable behavior from a coach.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Same here. I really didnt care about the outcome or the teams but what he did just pisses me off. Like you said, its dissing the game and his reaction is classless.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe the refs figured the steelers need an extra body out there

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. I really didnt care about the outcome or the teams but what he did just pisses me off. Like you said, its dissing the game and his reaction is classless.

If a player did that and they threw the flag, he better not be smiling afterwards. Even if no flag. I get bosses/coaches live by different rules, but even when cheating? Yes, probably.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
tomlinhop.gif