• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Shanahan -- Turd Blossom

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The play in the 1st quarter when RG3 made the read option and started running toward the sidelines instead of cutting in, I knew something was up. Not sure why Shanarat didn't go to Cousins after a 14-0 lead and keep the clock chugging.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play in the 1st quarter when RG3 made the read option and started running toward the sidelines instead of cutting in, I knew something was up. Not sure why Shanarat didn't go to Cousins after a 14-0 lead and keep the clock chugging.

He was a moron not taking him out after that 2nd TD. The play before that he went down out of bounds and got back up and limped the whole way back to the huddle. It was obvious to EVERYONE he was hurt. He couldn't run, he couldn't even plant to put any power on his throws.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a moron not taking him out after that 2nd TD. The play before that he went down out of bounds and got back up and limped the whole way back to the huddle. It was obvious to EVERYONE he was hurt. He couldn't run, he couldn't even plant to put any power on his throws.

I know you're not a Niners fan, but in 2007, everyone and their dog could see that Alex Smith was too injured to play and yet the coach had him play through a torn throwing shoulder. Then coach, Nolan, told the locker-room how Smith was trying to use an injury that wasn't that bad to make excuses for his play. But it was CLEAR as day that Smith should not be out there with that injury - even people hard on Smith said that. Smith later had season ending surgery and then another one before the 2008 season that wiped that year out, too. Smith didn't stick up for himself until after throwing so much forced him into surgery.

I understand the don't play if you're injured, if you play, you're fine, but this seemed like a toughness being challenged thing by Nolan. I don't know how Smith was cleared to play, but Dr. Andrews didn't want him to play (but I suppose he technically could). (Just for consistency, when Smith injured his non-throwing shoulder in 2010, maybe he could have played but didn't, so I do see a big difference between grade of injury and throwing versus non-throwing shoulders. And who knows if he could have played in the New Orleans game. I think if Harbaugh didn't believe in Kaep, he might have talked to him about maybe playing - not force him, or course.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was tough to watch. deadskins had no chance with a one legged griffon. once seattle realized he couldn't put any weight on that leg it was over. duno why they just didn't go with cousins and lean on morris.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as they were up 14 me and my friends were screaming for them to put in Cousins! It was clear RGIII was done.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I didn't have a problem with him keeping RGIII in after the 2nd TD just to see if he can still be effective but after it was clear RGIII wasn't right and wasn't effective he should've got Cousins ready for the 2nd half.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have a problem with him keeping RGIII in after the 2nd TD just to see if he can still be effective but after it was clear RGIII wasn't right and wasn't effective he should've got Cousins ready for the 2nd half.

This

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Shanny was gonna ride RGIII into the ground (playing wise) once RGIII hit up what the announcer called the "feel good shack," and most likely got a shot of dilaudid to help with pain.

Shanny had no interest in playing Cousins against Seattle, and it probably bit him in the ass.