• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Riley

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL thanks Tom, will do. On our way to watch basketball all day. I dont know what made my kids like it but they do soooooo

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tara and the boys say hi and cant wait for summer.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if Riley has an eight win or less season in 2015, that can't be excused because it isn't like Riley is taking over a broken ship like Pelini did in 2008.
-------
Sometimes I don't think you put much thought into what you post and the above is one prime example. Most players of any coach who gets fired will be upset because they "loved" their old HC. It will always take a new coach a couple of years before the old regimes recruits are gone or at least what's left are not starting. Prime example, look at Texas this year. Ended up 6-6 under a new coach and a new system but don't tell me that Nebraska has twice the talent that that Texas does.

Most new HC have to ride out this type of changeover as wrong as it may be and part of that changeover is going to produce some losses.

Hell Saban lost 4 games his first year at LSU a & 6 games his first year at 'Bama and you can't tell me both of those teams didn't have more talent than we presently do.

We may have 5 losses, we may have 3 next year but some of those losses are going to be attributed to learning a new system as well as a certain amount of resentment because of a new coaching regime. Your expectations aren't driven in reality.

GBR

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hi fellas, havent been around for a while so I thought I would check in. I personally was pretty underwhelmed with the hire of Riley and was ready to say I told you so. That being said and after reading up on Riley I think he may be just what the Doctor ordered.

We really cant take any of his record into account because OSU didnt spend any money on the program. Corvallis is like an eastern block country as far as facilities and what Riley did there was with 3rd and 4th stringers in FBS quality schools.

If he brings in a quality staff to surround him, and with the checkbook hes been given he should, we will win right away. Pro style isnt west coast thank God it is more like Kansas Citys offense. Alot of power run and passing and rumor has it that even the te gets to recieve now and again.

Im on board boys GO BIG RED, WELCOME COACH RILEY:suds:

MR went to the Beaver AD two years ago and got a raise for all his important assistants while not asking for anything more for himself. He stood up for them. Riley knows the value of a good staff. Can't wait to see who he hires and what he does for your team.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo took over a broken ship?

He was handed an immensely talented D. Which made his scheme look 10x better than it was.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've only got one week until a full month recruiting dead period starts, this next week is a crucial one for MR to make his moves and reach out to our HS guys who are scattering right now

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, our recruits need to hear on his staff in the next couple of days. hope Monday we know his top lieutenants.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to warm up to Riley. A change was needed. This change over in coaching styles might take quite some time just to get Bo's bunker mentality out of these kids. The new offense/defense schemes will take a while for the players to put trust in. The best thing from the new hire for me would be my hope for no more looking at the calendar and saying that game is a loss, that game is a blowout loss, watching games and wondering why no adjustments were made, and being embarrassed by our head coach's antics and tantrums. As stated in another post, Our line couldn't block at times either because of strength or coaching or both. Time to rally around Riley.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, if Riley has an eight win or less season in 2015, that can't be excused because it isn't like Riley is taking over a broken ship like Pelini did in 2008.
-------
Sometimes I don't think you put much thought into what you post and the above is one prime example. Most players of any coach who gets fired will be upset because they "loved" their old HC. It will always take a new coach a couple of years before the old regimes recruits are gone or at least what's left are not starting. Prime example, look at Texas this year. Ended up 6-6 under a new coach and a new system but don't tell me that Nebraska has twice the talent that that Texas does.

Most new HC have to ride out this type of changeover as wrong as it may be and part of that changeover is going to produce some losses.

Hell Saban lost 4 games his first year at LSU a & 6 games his first year at 'Bama and you can't tell me both of those teams didn't have more talent than we presently do.

We may have 5 losses, we may have 3 next year but some of those losses are going to be attributed to learning a new system as well as a certain amount of resentment because of a new coaching regime. Your expectations aren't driven in reality.

GBR

The resentment thing you speak of is highly overrated. Nebraska has more talent than you think they have, so it's not too much to ask for an outstanding coach to come here and do well the first year. Hopefully Mike Riley is one of those outstanding coaches.

By the way, some of your posts appeared like you haven't put much thought into them.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The resentment thing you speak of is highly overrated. Nebraska has more talent than you think they have, so it's not too much to ask for an outstanding coach to come here and do well the first year. Hopefully Mike Riley is one of those outstanding coaches.

By the way, some of your posts appeared like you haven't put much thought into them.

Oh my god. Beer through the nose. You have got to stop.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Sumafbitch... My sides are starting to hurt......

:pound:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh my god. Beer through the nose. You have got to stop.

The quote I replied to said I didn't put much thought in my posts, were you too blind to see that? I know, go ahead and ignore that.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was last night so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Hoping you were just having a bad night, but these kind of responses really make you look bad.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That was last night so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Hoping you were just having a bad night, but these kind of responses really make you look bad.

Admittedly I wasn't in the best of moods, and to top it off, on two occasions last night there was a group of 6 boys running through my yard to get somewhere when they had a sidewalk to use instead. The first time I let it go, but when I heard them going through the second time, I opened my front door and told them they have a sidewalk, use it. One of the little pricks told me to fuck off. I immediately replied, why you little faggot, all I asked you to do was use the sidewalk, yet you respond like that? He then said he was going to tell his dada. My reply to him was you go right ahead you little mofo, I need to kick someone's ass tonight. I never did get a visit from his dada. A lot of these little pricks these days have no respect for other people, or their property.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-------
If Boyd becomes the football conditioning coach, you don't see the possibility of resentment? If a new position coach tells a starter "Hey you're doing that wrong", you don't see the chance for resentment" If Riley installs different offenses AND defenses, you don't think there's a chance for resentment? The first time a player goes, "that's not how we do it.", and the HC goes "this is how we do it now". you don't think there's a chance for resentment?

No one here knows how well Riley will do especially the first year. Just because we have some talent coming back doesn't mean you can give him the short leash that you are.

BTW--Stoops 1st year at Okla. 5 losses
Tressel 1st year at Ohio State 5 losses
Stallings 1st year at "Bama 5 losses
Carroll 1st year at USC 6 losses

GBR

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
If Boyd becomes the football conditioning coach, you don't see the possibility of resentment? If a new position coach tells a starter "Hey you're doing that wrong", you don't see the chance for resentment" If Riley installs different offenses AND defenses, you don't think there's a chance for resentment? The first time a player goes, "that's not how we do it.", and the HC goes "this is how we do it now". you don't think there's a chance for resentment?

No one here knows how well Riley will do especially the first year. Just because we have some talent coming back doesn't mean you can give him the short leash that you are.

GBR
Pelini 1st year at Nebraska 4 losses

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops 2nd year at Okla. 0 losses
Tressel 2nd year at Ohio State 0 losses
Stallings 2nd year at "Bama 1 losses
Carroll 2nd year at USC 2 losses

Pelini 2nd year at Nebraska 4 losses

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-------

GBR

Of course I can see the possibility of resentment by the players, but if a coach is any kind of a decent coach, he'll be able to influence the players in a positive way. My guess is Riley will convince some of the players that his way of doing things is better than Bo's way. I'll cut Riley some slack, an 8-4 record will be acceptable without any thorough thrashings like we saw with Wiscy this year. GBR

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Orgerton State cause Nebraska!