• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Might as well continue to take a chance.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, forgot we pick at the bottom of the 4th rather than the top. He'll likely be gone.

You never know. This draft is already getting a litle crazy.

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer Kentucky's Warford at the top of the 2nd.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter, Carradine, Hunt, Slay, Alford or Taylor would all be impact players for us, I think.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter, Carradine, Hunt, Slay, Alford or Taylor would all be impact players for us, I think.

IMO, you can take Margus Hunt off that list. i really don't think the Lions are going to take multiple projects at the DE position. Also -- Hunt struggled at the Senior Bowl at DE when up against the better OTs and though he is much more experience than Ansah in games played -- He has only played football for 4 years.

I would be fine with any of the other picks though, with Jamar Taylor and Tank Carradine probably being my two favorite from your list.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carradine, hunt, te'o, hunter or the honey badger.........thats who i wanna see get their names called by the lions today...barrett jones is still a hope in the 3rd for me......i dont really want cyprien since our safeties are decent. We still need a OT, but im not sold on anyone left for the 36th pick. Watson reminds me of another version of gosder. Not in a good way tho......as much as people hate te'o, id take him in the 2nd.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Te'o and Mathieu(if he truely is clean) with the next two picks would/could tighten up the defense. Maybe he went all Josh Hamilton and had a little come to Jesus moment and straightened up. Te'o was the best player on a decent not great team, Bama used him more I think because he was the center of how they schemed. Dude is a LB and finished 2nd in the Heisman voting. No offense Micro, I HATE ND almost as much as Ohio but I would like this kids leadership on the Lions. He doesn't dazzle with speed but he "knows" football. Reminds me kind of like a Spielman and we loved him, Ohio BTW. Only problem would be if he could play OLB for a year or two before captaining the D from the MLB spot. Tyronn if he is there in the third could be a steal, and possibly man the return duties so Regie wasn't even in that mix. Be nice if they could get Sims and Denard too, Sims would be an upgrade over Heller IMO, good blocker, big and can catch the ball. Only reason I would hope to see Denard nabbed would be so if he finds a niche in the league it is with us not against us. Gotta love a kid that smiles as much as he does. Him and HB both deep on KO might be fun to watch, gotta be better than Logan.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to throw in with shok on Arthur Brown. He was spot on about Dion Jordan going high. I was wrong.

So I'm betting shok is in 'the zone' and the Lions should take Arthur Brown. Certainly wouldn't hurt a shallow LB corps if he can play.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Lions should take Geno Smith and then auction him off next year to the QB starved teams.

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they would have taken Milliner, I could see a clear path to what they should do. I would have wanted them to take Margus Hunt in the second and hopefully Barret Jones in the third. The defense would be much improved and we would have a Center for the future.

But the Lions took a crazy project in ANsah, even though they have no good history in developing projects... or any players really. So now what? The CBs left available may be upgrades to what we got last year, but enough to make them worth a second round pick?

I like the Hunter idea. If they did that, I might even commend them for it. I also have another idea. I have stated in the past that I think we need to complete the secondary to improve the defense. A DE alone would not make a big difference. Even if Ansah turns out great, he wont make a huge impact without a decent secondary. On the other hand, there is the idea that you can make the D-line simply phenomenal.

What if they still took Margus Hunt and played Hunt and Ansah from opposite sides? Two strong pass rushing DEs with Suh and Fairley in the middle? Now thats a D-line!

Just curious to others opinions.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if they still took Margus Hunt and played Hunt and Ansah from opposite sides? Two strong pass rushing DEs with Suh and Fairley in the middle? Now thats a D-line!

i like the idea, but i think people would fliip a shit

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah they would, but that is gonna happen no matter who they take. lol

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, there is the idea that you can make the D-line simply phenomenal.

Your thinkin' ain't stinkin'.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A DE alone would not make a big difference. Even if Ansah turns out great, he wont make a huge impact without a decent secondary.

My opinion is that the Lions already have a decent secondary. I've always thought the blame lied with a pair of DEs that sucked Eskimo turds. If Ansah pans out, we'll find out what is what.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
anybody like Keenan Allen for the lions?

I was glad the Lions didn't draft a WR tonight. If Justin Hunter had still been on the board I've very curious if Mayhew would have still taken Slay.

I actually like Ryan Swope with our 4th round pick if Greene & Jones are both off the board. It's a late 4th round pick so most likely all three will be gone. But these are the 3 guys I'm rooting for.

My darkhorse is Michael Clay. Most teams probably don't have him graded as a 4th round talent. And I probably don't either. He's a bit undersized and slow. That's not good. But he's just productive and always seems to be around the ball. He was my favorite Oregon Duck defensive player last year. He would be a good depth LB, but not a starter. So, I guess I would prefer we grab him later, maybe 6th round.