• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Midway (2019) (remake)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_ol9499OEjh1v7z79bo1_400.gif

Awesome!!!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite a trainwreck but you did nail the other parts.

I like that there was a lot of historical accuracy, as I've been fascinated by the Battle of Midway since I was a kid. They didn't really reinvent stories, but I felt like the sequence was confusing, and you really didn't get a sense for how the battle was actually fought. I knew the different attack waves on both sides, so I had an idea what to expect, but most in the audience had no idea that there even was a Battle of Midway. Without getting into spoilers, I'm guessing they would never have a clue as to what really happened.

Also, the CGI was not good. Overall, I'd recommend waiting to see for free, don't spend a lot at the theater.

The problem with Naval battle movies is that there just isn't enough story to them.

I dislike Roland Emmerich so I'm not going to waste time with this but I am curious about one thing.

Did they talk about how they intercepted Japanese signals and how they determined where the attack was going to be?

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Naval battle movies is that there just isn't enough story to them.

I dislike Roland Emmerich so I'm not going to waste time with this but I am curious about one thing.

Did they talk about how they intercepted Japanese signals and how they determined where the attack was going to be?

Just in case...

They actually did and I was very happy to see that. The movie seemed to imply that they identified the Japanese target accidentally but thinking back on it, it is possible that was my own interpretation since they dragged out what I had read had happened. I had read it was a deliberate phishing message sent to confirm that AF was Midway. Hard to explain more clearly but typing one handed and takes too long to paint a better picture.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it. Liked it. Everyone clapped at the end. Mainly cringy white people.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to wait to see it. My daughter is a 1st year (freshman) at the Coast Guard academy and she wants me to go with her. She is pumped though.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it.

Went in thinking Hollywood gonna Hollywood, but - a genuine effort was clearly put in to getting the overall story right, so fuck it - I'll give 'em a pass.

Planes still explode after taking a single bullet, though. God dammit.

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it, thought it was very enjoyable. The dive bombing scenes were freaking intense. Honestly it’s amazing that anybody could survive that onslaught of flak and machine gun fire. I mean damn, the freaking balls those pilots must have had.