• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan's Student Section - WOW

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the end of the Michigan/Utah game? Didn't look like a single UM fan came back to finish the game. UM + Hoke = DONE!

Why the hell would we wait around in the rain for 2 hours, with 7 minutes left in a game that we were down like 16 to a Utah team who we had no business being down to? No thanks.

I went home.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's opening kickoff, it's pretty damn good for a non-marquee game. I'm not sure how people are criticizing that. Wisconsin's student section will be 99.8% full by the end of the first quarter, but at kickoff, they wouldn't be that crowded for a largely unimportant non-conference game. College kids want to drink, and when they can't do it at the stadium, they are gonna load up and could easily miss the kickoff to do so.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's opening kickoff, it's pretty damn good for a non-marquee game. I'm not sure how people are criticizing that. Wisconsin's student section will be 99.8% full by the end of the first quarter, but at kickoff, they wouldn't be that crowded for a largely unimportant non-conference game. College kids want to drink, and when they can't do it at the stadium, they are gonna load up and could easily miss the kickoff to do so.

:lame:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a better image of the section. The part that is entirely empty is general tickets (you can see the color difference in shirts), not student seating. It used to be, last year, but they shrunk the student section this year. These were just tickets not sold (most likely).
PhotoSep2033724PM_thumb.jpg

For comparison, this is what it looks like full. Easier to see the difference:
-825863677fe379a3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is at the end of the game vs ECU...
lots of butts still in seats. so far the only pictures i've seen of a lot of empty seats are well after the game had ended

Yes that's what it looks like at the end of a game that comes down to the wire. Wow you VPI fans are so loyal. LOL garunteed if this games a blowout one way or the other, there wouldn't be that many people there at the end.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why wait until the end of the 1st when you have pockets full of 4oz freezer seal bags (full of booze) and they sell mixers right in the stadium?

I've never understood how anyone can attend a CFB game without pockets full of liquor? That's like going fishing without beer...can't imagine it.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wait until the end of the 1st when you have pockets full of 4oz freezer seal bags (full of booze) and they sell mixers right in the stadium?

I've never understood how anyone can attend a CFB game without pockets full of liquor? That's like going fishing without beer...can't imagine it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if :badmin:

irule posted this in the Husker forum earlier.

ByLLksyIMAAc5sh.jpg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to mgoblog it's fo'realz.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to mgoblog it's fo'realz.

Too bad Michigan pulled it. I am sure that a lot more students would go to the game if it was $1.50 per ticket and they get a coke. The tickets were only sold on campus at their campus convenience stores is my understanding.

Michigan says Coke purchased tickets. If they did, at what price did they purchase them so they could basically take a loss? My conjecture, Michigan will sell Coca Cola 2000 tickets at an agreed upon price later(BTW here are the tickets), and Coke can give them away on a $1.50 soda?

My guess, Michigan gave the tickets to Coca Cola thinking there was some agreed upon price, but there wasn't.

Y

Yapp14

Why the hell would we wait around in the rain for 2 hours, with 7 minutes left in a game that we were down like 16 to a Utah team who we had no business being down to? No thanks.

I went home.
Thats a problem

Seriously I understand people have families and can't wait the entire day for a game but that seems to be the case of UM fans lately

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if :badmin:

irule posted this in the Husker forum earlier.

ByLLksyIMAAc5sh.jpg

That was pulled almost immediately after it hit twitter. Apparently, if you believe it or not, the promotion never got official approval. Though, people who took advantage of it got the tickets.

With that said, I wonder how many people got the two cokes and said, "no thanks" to the tickets lol.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a problem

Seriously I understand people have families and can't wait the entire day for a game but that seems to be the case of UM fans lately

That's a problem? Not many fans, Michigan or not, are going to wait around for 2 hours during a rain delay while their team is down to an unranked Utah team by almost two TD's with 7 minutes left (especially after the season(s) we've been enduring). And this is coming from a guy who sat through the 2008 or 2009 Northwestern game...when we were already eliminated from bowl contention. This is the first game I've left since being a season ticket holder. What's missing? Hope -- hope of being good. If there was a chance we were going to win that game, I would have stayed.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a problem? Not many fans, Michigan or not, are going to wait around for 2 hours during a rain delay while their team is down to an unranked Utah team by almost two TD's with 7 minutes left (especially after the season(s) we've been enduring). And this is coming from a guy who sat through the 2008 or 2009 Northwestern game...when we were already eliminated from bowl contention. This is the first game I've left since being a season ticket holder. What's missing? Hope -- hope of being good. If there was a chance we were going to win that game, I would have stayed.

Almost everyone stayed during the '07 He Who Shall Not Be Named season. Stayed till the end of the game with basketball scores being put on us.

It's too bad those silly rain drops and traffic prevented you from being an actual legitimate fan. They had to come back out and play, but you refused to come back out and support them.

Bx7cFtLIMAAifoG.jpg