• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan's Student Section - WOW

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$300 for student tickets? What college student wants to pay that to watch a 6-6 team?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there isn't going to be ANYONE in the stands after the rain delay.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile

541f858103c12.image.jpg

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the end of the Michigan/Utah game? Didn't look like a single UM fan came back to finish the game. UM + Hoke = DONE!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's some real crybaby shit right there

"What did they rank first? Being able to sit with their friends.

But Brandon did away with that last year, with a new student seating seating policy. Instead of seating the students by class -- with the freshmen in the end zone and the seniors toward the 50, as Michigan had done for decades -- last year it was first come, first served. If you wanted to sit together, you had to walk in together. (They also raised the price from $195 for six games in 2013 to $295 for seven games.)"

waaaaaaaaaa! it's first come, first served and we have to get there early

LSU student section has always been like that-gates open 2 hours before kickoff

first come first served is what I thought everyone did. When I was at A&m it was that way. Of course the week of the game Seniors could claim tickets starting tuesday, then Juniors on wed, sophomore and freshman on wednesday. Depending on the opponent, freshmen could get to first deck at times.

Y

Yapp14

first come first served is what I thought everyone did. When I was at A&m it was that way. Of course the week of the game Seniors could claim tickets starting tuesday, then Juniors on wed, sophomore and freshman on wednesday. Depending on the opponent, freshmen could get to first deck at times.
Michigan changed that long standing policy last after last year. The reason? Empty seats that were reserved for upperclassmen. They want those seats filled, and filled by someone. I attended a game last year where Hoke purchased doughnuts for any student who attended.

Michigan also implemented a flex-pricing program for general admission tickets. They price per ticket could change depending on that team's record, the opponent, weather, etc.

Y

Yapp14

Michigan changed that long standing policy last after last year. The reason? Empty seats that were reserved for upperclassmen. They want those seats filled, and filled by someone. I attended a game last year where Hoke purchased doughnuts for any student who attended.

Michigan also implemented a flex-pricing program for general admission tickets. They price per ticket could change depending on that team's record, the opponent, weather, etc.
BTW my spelling sux

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not defending Michigan but go watch your game from last week and look at all those empty seats after halftime.

this is at the end of the game vs ECU...
lots of butts still in seats. so far the only pictures i've seen of a lot of empty seats are well after the game had ended

Attachments

• i.jpg
    i.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 118
  • ii.jpg
    ii.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 117
Y

Yapp14

this is at the end of the game vs ECU...
lots of butts still in seats. so far the only pictures i've seen of a lot of empty seats are well after the game had ended
I am #94 in that picture, just saying

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't even seem fair to pile on Michigan at the moment. - Miami fans on the other hand are some of the most good times only fans in CFB.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, that's no longer the student section -- at least most of the section that's missing. This year the AD couldn't sell student tickets so they shrunk the section in that top corner. The student section is now an L. Those are all public tickets --- ones that they probably couldn't sell or sold and people didn't show up. You can even see the color difference in the fan's shirts.