• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Michigan State week/game thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Franklin is a fucking joke.

Several things after reading through this thread.

1. Anyone saying we need to fire Franklin is crazy. We are light years ahead of where we should be now. Depth still not there, running out of gas at the end of games, its getting there, but not an overnight process. Still deficient at DT and LB depth.

2. For everyone thinking Moorhead did any better against OSU and MSU take a look at the numbers and get back to me. That is with Gesecki, who was an absolute mismatch vs EVERY team we played, Saquon and experienced WR who catch the damn ball.

3. From my view in the stands, the team was in position to make plays on offense and defense and did not execute. The coaches put them in position to succeed and they didn't. Dropped INT's, moronic penalties (a few which were phantom bullshit calls that kept scoring drives alive, but that's another story in itself), McSorely was terrible in run and pass game. He made inexplicable reads in both missing wide open guys in passing game to try and stuff a ball into coverage and making poor reads in the runnin game. One that really sticks out there is the first and goal on our last scoring dsrive. DE crashed hard, he keeps it, he walks in untouched. Instead Miles gets stuffed, slips on 2nd down then he throws a fade on 3rd. On defense, the dropped INT's were daggers, have to make those plays.

4. I had us anywhere from a floor of 9-3, which is where I think we end up now) to a playoff team that ran table. We are 2 plays from being undefeated and our players had chances to make those plays. We are also 1 play from being 3-3 if app State hits a late FG or scores and gets a 2pt conv in OT. It is a very young team on defense with little depth up front. Bucholz and Simmons injuries really hurt. Bowen killed LB depth. Micah will be great, but he's learning the position,Johnson is steady, but shouldn't be on field at PSU, Luketa not ready and Brooks is good, but not great. Reid is finally ounding back into form, but was terrible early. DT is killing us, freshman are the depth, need that PT and experience, will be growing pains. Hansard and Jordan injuries really sting there.

Yes, the loses and the fashion they happened in suck, but people need to step back from the ledge and look big picture.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several things after reading through this thread.

1. Anyone saying we need to fire Franklin is crazy. We are light years ahead of where we should be now. Depth still not there, running out of gas at the end of games, its getting there, but not an overnight process. Still deficient at DT and LB depth.

2. For everyone thinking Moorhead did any better against OSU and MSU take a look at the numbers and get back to me. That is with Gesecki, who was an absolute mismatch vs EVERY team we played, Saquon and experienced WR who catch the damn ball.

3. From my view in the stands, the team was in position to make plays on offense and defense and did not execute. The coaches put them in position to succeed and they didn't. Dropped INT's, moronic penalties (a few which were phantom bullshit calls that kept scoring drives alive, but that's another story in itself), McSorely was terrible in run and pass game. He made inexplicable reads in both missing wide open guys in passing game to try and stuff a ball into coverage and making poor reads in the runnin game. One that really sticks out there is the first and goal on our last scoring dsrive. DE crashed hard, he keeps it, he walks in untouched. Instead Miles gets stuffed, slips on 2nd down then he throws a fade on 3rd. On defense, the dropped INT's were daggers, have to make those plays.

4. I had us anywhere from a floor of 9-3, which is where I think we end up now) to a playoff team that ran table. We are 2 plays from being undefeated and our players had chances to make those plays. We are also 1 play from being 3-3 if app State hits a late FG or scores and gets a 2pt conv in OT. It is a very young team on defense with little depth up front. Bucholz and Simmons injuries really hurt. Bowen killed LB depth. Micah will be great, but he's learning the position,Johnson is steady, but shouldn't be on field at PSU, Luketa not ready and Brooks is good, but not great. Reid is finally ounding back into form, but was terrible early. DT is killing us, freshman are the depth, need that PT and experience, will be growing pains. Hansard and Jordan injuries really sting there.

Yes, the loses and the fashion they happened in suck, but people need to step back from the ledge and look big picture.

lead with 5 minutes and you end up giving the ball back to your opponent TWICE with enough time to score.

If we snap the ball with more than 2 seconds on the play clock again while trying to run out a game, somebody should be fired or cut. Its just bad football. Call it coaching, call it execution... its just bad football and it loses games.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think I said I thought the last game was more execution than coaching. Plays were there to be made. Three INTs dropped, McSorely had a bad game.

The Ohio State game was tough, they over thought that 4th down play at the end of the game. No guarantee that they make it with a different play but the run was stupid. Didn't like going on 4th earlier in that game. Yes I know the play was there but almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.