• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Michigan State week/game thread

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had TWO WEEKS to prepare and this was the best game plan we could come up with? Yes Franklin you ARE a good recruiter. I know that upsets you, but thats what you are.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trace throws the hail mary to the 15... :L

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many fans does Franklin try to fight on his way out of the stadium?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Trace has all the records, can we please give another QB experience for next year?

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah throw them in a bit more. We're a 9-3 team this year time to accept it and prepare for next season.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh well, there's 4 hours of my life I'll never get back. time to head to Lowes and get something productive done today.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin has now convincingly proven that he is not a big league coach with two crappy game-throw-aways that rival the worst coaches on the planet in the history of the game. The two 4th-down attempts in two separate games that were within our grasp to win, failed miserably because they were a direct result of a complete failure in play-calling and confidence by Franklin.

Last edited:

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That loss was downright disappointing and pathetic...once again

I don't want to hear about youth or other excuses
If PSU wants to be considered one of the big boys again they need to win games like the Ohio State game and this game

Instead PSU is walking back home sniffling with snot running down his nose like a little kid who was kicked out of the playground by the bigger kids

It is absolutely inexcusable to give up that game winning TD to the Spartans

Get Franklin out of there (which I know will not happen any time soon)
He may be a good recruiter but I would prefer a head coach and other coaches who actually know how to coach

You know what another good recruiter is? Winning big games like they failed to do against OSU and Michigan State

Good recruiting can only get you so far - there comes a time when you have to know what to do with those good recruits and coach them

end rant

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah throw them in a bit more. We're a 9-3 team this year time to accept it and prepare for next season.

You sure about that? Still have UW and Michigan on the schedule, not gonna beat either of those teams with an effort like they gave today.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRs are a major issue with this offense. The 4 WR that get the most snaps are Hamler, Johnson, Thompkins, and Polk. Hamler is a genuine playmaker, his future looks bright. Johnson is inconsistent as fuck but he's at least shown the capability to be a playmaker. Thompkins and Polk are fucking awful.

Fun fact: Thompkins and Polk have both appeared in 6 games so far this year and have 6 and 7 catches respectively. These are 2 STARTERS AT WR for this football team.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK After watching Franklin's initial statement at the press conference I'm now pissed. I didn't see alot of him taking responsibility for not preparing a good game plan in the two weeks he had. Instead he wanted to harp on the "lateral". The game shouldn't have even been close enough for that to have mattered, also I agree with the call since thats the rule.

EDIT: "now" not "not".

Last edited:

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say yes. I think Michigan stomps us into the ground and we beat Wisconsin in a close game.

If they can win every other game on the schedule, I think I'd take that outcome. PSU has enough talent to beat both those teams but frankly I don't have a lot of hope that Franklin can have the team prepared for two big games like that.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK After watching Franklin's initial statement at the press conference I'm now pissed. I didn't see alot of him taking responsibility for not preparing a good game plan in the two weeks he had. Instead he wanted to harp on the "lateral". The game shouldn't have even been close enough for that to have mattered, also I agree with the call since thats the rule.

EDIT: "now" not "not".

Saw a good point about that play on twitter. If you want to call it an incomplete forward pass, that's fine. But then why would it not be an intentional grounding? QB was in the tackle box and there was no receiver in the area.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a good point about that play on twitter. If you want to call it an incomplete forward pass, that's fine. But then why would it not be an intentional grounding? QB was in the tackle box and there was no receiver in the area.
The idea being that by him getting hit you have no idea where it was intended to go.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State has lost its courage if it ever had it after being out-coached by Ohio State on that failed 4th down attempt by Franklin.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McSorely had a bad game and all the dropped balls on what could have been game ending INTs.

Team is looking like they could be a 4 game loser this year, best case scenario is 3 losses. Wonder what that will do to recruiting.

I expected a step back this year with the seniors that graduated. Losing Joe Moorehead was bound to hurt. McSorely is a gamer but he hasn't been quite as good this year. He has been very good but not the Heisman candidate many though he would be. Not just this game either. I wouldn't put this game on Franklin. Plays were there to be made. Wide open receivers for TDs missed. Oriwariye had two good chances at picks, took a bad angle on one and dropped one, Taylor dropped on. In my mind this was about execution more than coaching.