• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan St @ Nebraska Game Week Thread

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kellogg plays unless Armstrong can't get the job done or the game is decided in the 4th quarter.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan hadn't lost... 19 straight wins at home.

MSU beats them and the conversation is how impressive MSU is.

Nebraska has a comparable defensive performance and fielded a freshman QB, several shitty
white back up receivers, and a shuffled OL missing 3 starters including a 1st team all-american... Sure enough, the conversation turns to how bad Michigan is.

That was the guttiest win I've seen by a Bo Pelini coached team. It was one of the best wins I've personally seen for this program. Huge.

We get no credit though. MSU doesn't respect us, no one respects us. I like it. Bo is at his best in this type of situation. I hope people keep disrespecting this team.

That's just it though. Sure Bo's teams play best with their backs to the wall. Sloppy, disorganized, undisciplined shit until people start saying WTF then they play a bit harder. Why can't they play like that week one? Why can't they play like that against UCLA?

Even if they win Saturday, the clock is ticking for another unmotivated performance. Another clusterfuck.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed on TA. I thought we lost a lot of momentum in that Mich game when RK came in. If TA hadn't done anything, I could understand it, but having put up 10, I didn't see a reason to take him out. That's about the only reason I want to see RK against MSU is if TA hasn't put up any points in the first 3 or 4 drives.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it though. Sure Bo's teams play best with their backs to the wall. Sloppy, disorganized, undisciplined shit until people start saying WTF then they play a bit harder. Why can't they play like that week one? Why can't they play like that against UCLA?

Even if they win Saturday, the clock is ticking for another unmotivated performance. Another clusterfuck.

The past 6 quarters have been different though...

In the past 6 quarters people have still been making mistakes. Tommy threw the pick against Northwestern, and Westerkamp muffed the punt against Michigan.

The difference, however, is that the Defense finally looked like 2009 again. They came out there and created a fucking wall when we needed them the most, and gave our Offense a chance.

I agree with Brasky, that game at Ann Arbor was probably Bo's best win. When you think about it, starting a Freshman QB and all.....to put together a game winning drive in a low scoring game like that in the Big House

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we don't win either of the last 2 games without the impressive Defensive efforts.....

There is no doubt about that. That is what's different about this team now. Last year we made a couple stops here and there on Defense.....at Michigan State, at Northwestern.....but the Defense was pitiful otherwise. It was the Offense that won those games for us.

Now it's the Defense.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's interesting that Suh came into the locker room at half time of the Northwestern game and ripped some ass....

Then after the game he came back into the locker room again and told them "now that is Championship Football......ya'll need to keep that up so I have something to talk shit about in the NFL."

It seemed at Michigan like that carried over. It seemed like we had a swagger finally......I hope I'm right

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1

broken_wine_glass.jpg

:pout:

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we play like how we did defensively against mich we have a good chance

big question is what qb strategy we us and what the offensive plan if it's all TA. with tmart done you would think it be about the future.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we don't win either of the last 2 games without the impressive Defensive efforts.....

There is no doubt about that. That is what's different about this team now. Last year we made a couple stops here and there on Defense.....at Michigan State, at Northwestern.....but the Defense was pitiful otherwise. It was the Offense that won those games for us.

Now it's the Defense.
-------
After doing a bit of research on the state of Michigan football (right now), I'm still not going to go with our defense turning the corner. Couple of interesting observations. Hoke is feeling as much if not more heat than Bo has. Their offensive line coach is a guaranteed goner. A significant number of their 4/5 star recruits are "looking elwhere" to play football next year to and including a couple of OLs. This was after all a Michigan team that was averaginng 42 points per game up to the MSU game. They haven't had any significant injuries (offensively) and are now avergaing 20 points less per game.

And you wonder why our defense looked good and played so well? I'm not suggesting the "improvement" is all smoke and mirrors because depspite my feelings against Pelini, I still want the team to win, but some of the so called improvement has been due to a run of luck. A NW offense riddled with injuires and a Michigan offensive line that's playing "we no longer give a fuck".

Now MSU? Still has the best defense in the B1G going up against our wounded OL. And while their offense started out somewhat anemic--trying to be the MSU offense of old. Guess what? Their coaching staff made some adjustments and now MSU has an (oh-oh) solid running game.

This is a home game so we do have a chance (at winning). But it appears that the MSU "game" is running on all cylanders (SP?). Don't be surprised or upset if we lose by ten points (or more).

GBR

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think back to when SDSU gashed us on the ground for a million yards....

We are a different unit now. Guys are filling gaps finally.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
After doing a bit of research on the state of Michigan football (right now), I'm still not going to go with our defense turning the corner. Couple of interesting observations. Hoke is feeling as much if not more heat than Bo has. Their offensive line coach is a guaranteed goner. A significant number of their 4/5 star recruits are "looking elwhere" to play football next year to and including a couple of OLs. This was after all a Michigan team that was averaginng 42 points per game up to the MSU game. They haven't had any significant injuries (offensively) and are now avergaing 20 points less per game.

And you wonder why our defense looked good and played so well? I'm not suggesting the "improvement" is all smoke and mirrors because depspite my feelings against Pelini, I still want the team to win, but some of the so called improvement has been due to a run of luck. A NW offense riddled with injuires and a Michigan offensive line that's playing "we no longer give a fuck".

Now MSU? Still has the best defense in the B1G going up against our wounded OL. And while their offense started out somewhat anemic--trying to be the MSU offense of old. Guess what? Their coaching staff made some adjustments and now MSU has an (oh-oh) solid running game.

This is a home game so we do have a chance (at winning). But it appears that the MSU "game" is running on all cylanders (SP?). Don't be surprised or upset if we lose by ten points (or more).

GBR

How about doing a bit of research on the state of Nebraska football? A defense that was much maligned, abused even, gave up ridiculous yards to some of the softest teams in college football. A total collapse against UCLA, a clinic on rushing by SDSU, A Heisman moment for an unknown Wyoming QB. And you wonder why most feel that the defense has turned a corner? Don't be surprised if the defense pitches a shutout against MSU.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut out is a super stretch....

I'll take the W though

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut out is a super stretch....

I'll take the W though

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, now that Taylor is done I hope this idiotic QB rotation is over!!!

I agree

it's actually stupid how they are doing the rotation it seems like Tommy loses some steam and the offense stalls out.

At this point Tommy needs all the reps in practice and planning . at this point Kellogg just needs to be superman on call if Tommy and the offense slips up that bad.

now we just need beck to be smart game planning wise. misdirection speed sweeps and screens can be your friend

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think we've been here before. 6 Q's is not enough to make me a Kool-Aid drinker. Bo simplified things, you can't live on the blitz, and he's itching to install more complicated packages. May not need them for Mich St, but it's just a matter of time. If Mich St OC is smart, they work on a lot of screens/draws this week. That'll make fools out of a team that wants to blitz most of the time.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poopy still draws his plays up on his hand, no pen just his finger like back in the day when we was kids playing in the street

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's our koolaid, go ahead, have some

koolaiddb1.jpg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash