• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan St @ Nebraska Game Week Thread

aqwk68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When his name starts swirling around as a late first round, early 2nd round draft pick things could change. Hard to pass up an opportunity like that, money speaks. I hope he stays, but logically it would be better for his own interest to leave if he projected that high.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ameer would be 3-4th rounder dont be silly

I disagree, I think if he leaves this year he'll be a solid 2nd rounder. If he finishes the season hot, he might push it to late first round. Hes already the best RB in the conference, and this year has been particularly a weak class of RB's in CFB. Not very many better RB's available.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, I think if he leaves this year he'll be a solid 2nd rounder. If he finishes the season hot, he might push it to late first round. Hes already the best RB in the conference, and this year has been particularly a weak class of RB's in CFB. Not very many better RB's available.

that may be true but next year will be a dead class so either way he is good bc this year too qb heavy next year not many stars outside of Winston and mariota

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy for not being nearly as scared of this game as others. Don't get me wrong, it will be tough as hell but I am confident we win.

Michigan St's style of offense plays into Bo Pelini's style of defense. Look at the quality offense they brought into Lincoln with a senior QB, Cousins, a stud WR, Cunningham, and RBs Baker and Bell. We shut them down. Cunningham had zero catches. We had 4 sacks. Forced them into 5 punts, an INT, 2 turnover on downs, and a missed FG.

As for MSU's D, again, they came into Lincoln with a tough ass D. Ranked 3rd in total D (266.67 ypg), 11th in rushing D (102.5 ypg), 6th in scoring D (15.42 ppg). We ended up topping all of those numbers. Now I know they are ranked even higher in those categories now but as JJM pointed out earlier in this thread, against who?

The fact that this game is at home gives me confidence. I just hope Tommy doesn't throw so many INTs to this D because then it changes everything.

It will be a tough game but I see us winning again.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU has a different O-coordinator than they had in 2011. Their offense is serviceable at times and completely flat others. They've played pretty well the last two weeks, just like can be said about Nebraska's defense.

I hope Nebraska players don't just look at the MSU/Purdue game as a standard. That was their worst offensive performance in 5 games.

Nebraska's offense and ST's can't play like they did against Michigan and win. Their defense can't revert back to the 'play on their heels' style we've seen leading up to the second half of the NW game (a mere 6 Q's ago). If they do they'll get run over.

We've been here too many times under Pelini. You think the defense has come around, but it's just a matter of time before mass confusion and an ugly breakdown.

Two Words: Jet Sweep.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different OC but play the same type of style.

Oh we all know that Bo's teams have trouble with the lows and trouble with the highs. That is why there are "Bo fart" games. Let's just hope that Minnesota was their only "Bo fart" game of the season.

I am confident in the game but only about 65-70%.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This MSU D scares the crap out of me. Especially with our OL so beat up. Tommy needs to be quick in this game and scramble out of trouble. If he can do that, I could see a win.

I just hope our D has learned enough in the last couple of weeks. The Michigan game was no test as their OL was worse off than ours. I think MSU will come out with a gameplan similar to Minnesota. A lot of power running which we couldn't stop against Minnesota.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different OC but play the same type of style.

Oh we all know that Bo's teams have trouble with the lows and trouble with the highs. That is why there are "Bo fart" games. Let's just hope that Minnesota was their only "Bo fart" game of the season.

I am confident in the game but only about 65-70%.

My gut feeling is they'll score more on Nebraska than they scored on Purdue (14). Which translates to Nebraska needing to score more than they did against Michigan.

MSU is (8-1) with games remaining @ NU, @ NW, and then home against Minnesota. We know what Bo's record is against teams that finish with 9 wins or more.

Nebraska needs to keep the crowd in it Saturday. None of this fall behind by double digits early shit.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The average total offensive ranking they have played is 80.25.

The average rushing offensive ranking they have played is 87.5.

The average passing offensive ranking they have played is 62.62.

The average scoring offensive ranking they have played is 75.75.

We have the 2nd best total offense, best rushing offense, and 2nd best scoring offense they will have played all year.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This MSU D scares the crap out of me. Especially with our OL so beat up. Tommy needs to be quick in this game and scramble out of trouble. If he can do that, I could see a win.

I just hope our D has learned enough in the last couple of weeks. The Michigan game was no test as their OL was worse off than ours. I think MSU will come out with a gameplan similar to Minnesota. A lot of power running which we couldn't stop against Minnesota.

Who says Tommy is starting? Will Taylor be back?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The average total offensive ranking they have played is 80.25.

The average rushing offensive ranking they have played is 87.5.

The average passing offensive ranking they have played is 62.62.

The average scoring offensive ranking they have played is 75.75.

We have the 2nd best total offense, best rushing offense, and 2nd best scoring offense they will have played all year.

I hear ya.

13, 6, 17, 17, 14, 28, 0, 3, 6 respectively.

They played those teams like they should have.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, as much as I have always thought Tommy should be starting and all that, there is a part of me that wants Taylor this week. His experience will help against this defense. He played well against them the last 2 years. He has seen this defense twice, knows this defense, and has had success against this defense.

Of course that is a healthy Taylor so how will an unhealthy, fairly immobile, Taylor do?

I am kind of torn but would actually be ok with either.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they thought we needed the extra body. Or his injury didn't allow it.

I didn't really think too much into him not traveling.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would of had to get a waiver to take him but they got one for Spencer Long so :noidea: