• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan St @ Nebraska Game Week Thread

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think back to when SDSU gashed us on the ground for a million yards....

We are a different unit now. Guys are filling gaps finally.
-------
Again, our two most recent games were played against teams that had alot of offensive issues. For all practical purposes NW had no RBs and Michigan had an OL apparently looking to next year (gearing for a new OL coach) and didn't have their minds on the game. Why else to explaing the 20 drop in offensive production? I could see the 20 point drop against MSUs defense but not ours. And again, MSU now has a solid running game something that our last two opponents lacked. I honestly don't think it's accurate to judge our defensive improvement by our last two games because both teams offensivley stunk so it's difficult to be objective. In fact, NW is a 2 1/2 pt favorite against Michigan. The "walking dead" vs. "the playing dead."

Again, I hope we win, but it will be a big surprise if we do.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think we've been here before. 6 Q's is not enough to make me a Kool-Aid drinker. Bo simplified things, you can't live on the blitz, and he's itching to install more complicated packages. May not need them for Mich St, but it's just a matter of time. If Mich St OC is smart, they work on a lot of screens/draws this week. That'll make fools out of a team that wants to blitz most of the time.

lol or we beat msu and lose in happy valley hahaha.

This is another prove it game. win this week then we can start believing a little bit .watching the mich game defense wise it's almost like Bo let them loose for the first time gonna need that same effort against msu

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defensive seemingly improvement is all too familiar. Even if we shut down MSU Ill have a hard time at the koolaid jug. It's great to see obviously. I felt all fuzzy going into the CCG last season only to see them lay down a giant shit cable from one endzone to the other. With the benefit of hindsight I won't make the same mistake twice.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defensive seemingly improvement is all too familiar. Even if we shut down MSU Ill have a hard time at the koolaid jug. It's great to see obviously. I felt all fuzzy going into the CCG last season only to see them lay down a giant shit cable from one endzone to the other. With the benefit of hindsight I won't make the same mistake twice.

I agree with that guy^^^^^^

I'll be skeptical through at least the first half of next season. Bo doesn't seem to have his defense ready to open the season, they've struggled against the run for 3 1/2 years now, they don't finish strong (50% at best in their final 4 games).

The common denominators Bo, Papuchis, Dobson are still there. I have a hard time buying that someone threw a switch and it's fixed.

Nebraska Rushing Defense

2010 - 63rd
2011 - 64th
2012 - 90th
2013 - 61st (through 9 games)

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it's sucks because I wanna see neb win but i don't want another VCG massacre and honestly OSU is gonna smack who ever the play bc the title game will be on the line and fsu might not lose who knows

i know that Bo can't afford another beat down . Our schedule is soft and will be soft osu putting 60 on us will raise that question up again

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that guy^^^^^^

I'll be skeptical through at least the first half of next season. Bo doesn't seem to have his defense ready to open the season, they've struggled against the run for 3 1/2 years now, they don't finish strong (50% at best in their final 4 games).

The common denominators Bo, Papuchis, Dobson are still there. I have a hard time buying that someone threw a switch and it's fixed.

Nebraska Rushing Defense

2010 - 63rd
2011 - 64th
2012 - 90th
2013 - 61st (through 9 games)
^^^^^^^
And I agree with this guy. And we are about to play a team who over the last handful of games has develped a running game. I'll be surprised even happy if we win, but I ain't gonna hold my breath.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's sucks because I wanna see neb win but i don't want another VCG massacre and honestly OSU is gonna smack who ever the play bc the title game will be on the line and fsu might not lose who knows

i know that Bo can't afford another beat down . Our schedule is soft and will be soft osu putting 60 on us will raise that question up again

I'm not saying we're going to but I would like be in the ccg, blow out aside. Many have msu penciled in already, lots of things can happen on that front yet

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying we're going to but I would like be in the ccg, blow out aside. Many have msu penciled in already, lots of things can happen on that front yet

honestly I think we will the winner of this week will play in it. We got Iowa at home so there is a good chance if we win sat we will be in indy

the problem is I don't want us to see osu

and I don't wanna just survive and get by with Bo compared to getting a new coach and seeing the talent maximized.

that the big question keep Bo for what ? improve or keep the same cycle of 4 losses and bs defense ...

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, now that Taylor is done I hope this idiotic QB rotation is over!!!

If TA is doing well and those boneheads throw Kellogg in there to thwart momentum, like momentum was thwarted at Michigan, I truly believe Nebraska won't be able to recover. Otherwise I believe Nebraska has a good shot at winning if the turnover bug can be avoided.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, we have guys filling gaps now that weren't being filled before. That was where we were blowing all of our assignments before. That is what allowed SDSU to run over us like they are an FBS team or something.

Not every play was made on a blitz Saturday......and not every play was made by a DLineman either. I saw LBs and DBs stepping up and making huge plays that would have been busted for 15-20 yard runs just a few weeks ago.

We weren't just getting pushed around up front before.......we were missing assignments in about 3 out of 4 snaps.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over/Under is anywhere from 41.5 to 42.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could start to feel better when, for more than 1 game, we have the same 11 guys starting on defense while continuing the kind of play we've seent for the last 6 qtrs, the secondary still makes me feel not so hot but the front 6 or 7 are starting to play well and that should help out tremendously, just like what it does for State

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could start to feel better when, for more than 1 game, we have the same 11 guys starting on defense while continuing the kind of play we've seent for the last 6 qtrs, the secondary still makes me feel not so hot but the front 6 or 7 are starting to play well and that should help out tremendously, just like what it does for State
-------
I'd feel alot better if we played a team with even an average offense just to prove that our defense HAS shown the improvement people seem to believe.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to drop by and wish you guys good luck vs Sparty. Points are going to be tough to come by but you guys can win if you don't give up the big play and take care of the football.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we could do something extreme Sat. and use one of our 2 good fullbacks, Janovich/Zimmerer, sounds crazy I know, Becks dagum fancy pants finesse ain't going to cut it against these guise

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to drop by and wish you guys good luck vs Sparty. Points are going to be tough to come by but you guys can win if you don't give up the big play and take care of the football.

my main concern is this ---you live in Blackcock Ca ??

how is that werkin out fer ya thar sir ??

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest with you guys.......I don't know if we're even going to find the endzone on Saturday.

I've just been thinking about it all day and I don't see our Offense getting a ground game going with so much uncertainty on the OLine. Yea Indiana scored on them, but Indiana has a much better Offense than we do right now. We are pretty much one-dimensional.......or more like Ameer-dimensional...

We are going to need the Defense to make a couple of huge plays.