• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan HC Jim Harbaugh loves the SEC

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaugh is the coach of my team and I like him, but shut the fuck up unless you have proof. I didn't even read the article, I choose to actively ignore it, for fear I may not like what it says.
Harbaugh isn't saying anything that the rest of us haven't known for years.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he'll be back at Michigan next year

IrishBlooded

Bewbs or it didn't happen
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason Jim Harbaugh.

Every time he goes to a microphone the members of the press pool can't eat for a week because the back of their throats hurt so much.

Congratulations on another 8-4 to 9-3 type of season Ann Arbor.

Reactions: gob

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t wait for the football version of what the FBI did in basketball.

“We made him a helluva fucking strong ass offer”.

AB292499-ADC5-4CD9-B169-6564842E1051.jpeg

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaugh is the coach of my team and I like him, but shut the fuck up unless you have proof. I didn't even read the article, I choose to actively ignore it, for fear I may not like what it says.
He is talking about grey-shirting most prominently. The SEC is the only conference that allows it, and being in the heart of SEC country I hear the giggles about it all the time, they love it. Also hear the stories of all the other "perks that can be had by the blue chips at these schools.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I never been a Harbaugh fan ... he just seems off, weird. Wherever he goes, he seems to put people around him off. That said, I get why UM people like him and were excited to have him become their coach. But, I was convinced he was going to be the guy.

2. I'll get a lot of grief for this, but he's never won the Championship ... no Super Bowl, no CFP ring. In college, he hasn't won his P5 conference, and at UM hasn't even won his division. He did win the NFC, but in the NFL no one gives a shit about that ... it's Super Bowl or nada. He won at San Diego, and he made Stanford something, but they've also stayed there since he left. At the end of the day he's not been able to get to the top in all his years of coaching. Yes, he improved his teams, but he gets paid to win and he hasn't. So, for those of you UM people about to give me crap, Coach Smart his won the SEC, and the SECE in two years, runner up in the CFP. But, he hasn't won the NC and if he doesn't get that done in the next decade I'll be the first to criticize him like I am Harbaugh.

3. He strikes me as a whiner. ND does more with the same or more stringent limitations. And let's get real, most UM players don't get into UM if they don't play football. As for cheating, give me a fucking break ... everyone cheats at some level. The hundred dollar handshake happens everywhere. As do the car rentals, shadow jobs, etc., although those are fewer today than, say, in the Switzer days. But this idea that he is losing because others are cheating is ridiculous and a beta make excuse. He isn't even good enough to get his team to the level where he could get beat by the "cheaters." Is he saying that Michigan State and Ohio State are cheating, because he can't even get past them to get to the teams he says are cheating.

4. I don't think it's the academics, or that others are cheating better than UM ... I think he is simply an odd dude who kids have a hard time relating to. Maybe he is too old school, if that makes sense. And, he is recruiting to a school that is sort of "old school." Not sure that is going to attract the kids they need to attract. He needs to look in the mirror instead of blaming others.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is talking about grey-shirting most prominently. The SEC is the only conference that allows it, and being in the heart of SEC country I hear the giggles about it all the time, they love it. Also hear the stories of all the other "perks that can be had by the blue chips at these schools.
First, you can't grey shirt any more, and haven't been able to for a couple years. Even when you could, you could count the grey shirts of significance on 1 hand. Do you even know what a grey shirt is ... if you do, you would realize why it was so rarely used. Go ahead a list all the grey shirts. I'll wait. While you are at it, let's hear all the stories about the blue chip perks ... if they are so out there, let's hear about them.

It always kills me to hear that teams like mine are giving away hundreds of thousands per player. Do you realize how hard that would be? Literally impossible in today's financial world. If you look at programs like CU, UA, OU, UGa, all the programs that are supposed to be the big cheaters, they simply have a great culture right now ... they have attractive coaches and staffs, in desirable locations. It's cyclical ... and it will turn, but I hate it when that's the excuse the losers use. FWIW, I hated it when UGa fans used to say the same thing about the Gators, Auburn, Bama and others. It's a loser's excuse.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see his point . He was doing well with the satellite camps until SEC coaches cried about it...and the NCAA president couldn't bend over fast enough to suck off the SEC and ban the camps.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see his point . He was doing well with the satellite camps until SEC coaches cried about it...and the NCAA president couldn't bend over fast enough to suck off the SEC and ban the camps.
410vfvnFcLL._SX425_.jpg

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh has a whole lot of excuses and not a whole lot of results.

Reactions: gob

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never been a Harbaugh fan ... he just seems off, weird. Wherever he goes, he seems to put people around him off. That said, I get why UM people like him and were excited to have him become their coach. But, I was convinced he was going to be the guy.

You don't have to know the guy to see he's a sociopath. It's easy to tell. It's ironic. As much as Michigan and Ohio State like to shit on one another, they both had the honor of employing two of the more shady individuals ever in sports.

If he and Meyer never discovered their love for football, who in God's name knows what they'll be doing.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give SEC teams bulletin board material for bowl games.

tenor.gif

Not that they need it.... Florida 41 Michigan 15

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to start. He never mentioned the SEC. So the title is just flat out made up. He does say it's "hard to beat the Cheaters", no mention of the SEC at all (that seems inferred here out of the blue). But there's been plenty of cases where recruits all of a sudden switched back to Michigan out of the blue (like Hill committing to Bama and then all of a sudden switching back to Michigan) that are more than suspicious on a national level. I'm not naive enough to think this underground shit doesn't happen at every program. Harbaugh may be telling the truth, but I'm also guessing a lot of this stuff happens without the coaches knowing about it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to know the guy to see he's a sociopath. It's easy to tell. It's ironic. As much as Michigan and Ohio State like to shit on one another, they both had the honor of employing two of the more shady individuals ever in sports.

If he and Meyer never discovered their love for football, who in God's name knows what they'll be doing.

What has Harbaugh done to be called shady?!? Not just shady, but one of the shadiest ever in sports?!?

He is definitely eclectic and walks to the beat of his own drum, but shady insinuates he is doing something illegal or wrong as a coach.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to start. He never mentioned the SEC. So the title is just flat out made up. He does say it's "hard to beat the Cheaters", no mention of the SEC at all (that seems inferred here out of the blue). But there's been plenty of cases where recruits all of a sudden switched back to Michigan out of the blue (like Hill committing to Bama and then all of a sudden switching back to Michigan) that are more than suspicious on a national level. I'm not naive enough to think this underground shit doesn't happen at every program. Harbaugh may be telling the truth, but I'm also guessing a lot of this stuff happens without the coaches knowing about it.

Harbaugh/Michigan upped the ante?

Those that are accusing others of shit have typically either done or are doing it themselves. It's called 'projection'.