• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan and Virginia Tech in the BCS bowls

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Vateck loses a 2nd time to Clemson, and by how much??? 38-10. destroyed...... and they go to the BCS Sugar Bowl.

and comparingly......

MSU lost to Wisconsin, who they played during the regular season and WON, they play again in the champ game in which they only lost 42-39 - a game in which they easily could've won, if not for dumb penalty of running into the kicker...... which they ran back to inside the 10 yard line. (I would've been they could've scored a TD to win) and MSU doesn't go to a BCS game.

What a joke.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Vateck loses a 2nd time to Clemson, and by how much??? 38-10. destroyed...... and they go to the BCS Sugar Bowl.

and comparingly......

MSU lost to Wisconsin, who they played during the regular season and WON, they play again in the champ game in which they only lost 42-39 - a game in which they easily could've won, if not for dumb penalty of running into the kicker...... which they ran back to inside the 10 yard line. (I would've been they could've scored a TD to win) and MSU doesn't go to a BCS game.

What a joke.

sdfbggf

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at all the haters. We were #5 in the county and had Vick in 2000 and got picked over by lower ranked Oregon State and Notre Dame teams with worse records. The only reason Oregon State got the invite was because the Pac 10 commish at the time threatened to pull out of the BCS if they didn't get a second team in. So the tantrum worked for them. In my eyes, this is just a make up for that travesty and I couldn't care less what ESPN or anybody else thinks.

VAteck, may very well have gotten screwed then, I don't remember the situation, but I'll agree., but to say essentially that this year is "retribution" for what happened 11 yrs ago is bs.

ever heard the phrase, "two wrongs don't make a right"?

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VAteck, may very well have gotten screwed then, I don't remember the situation, but I'll agree., but to say essentially that this year is "retribution" for what happened 11 yrs ago is bs.

ever heard the phrase, "two wrongs don't make a right"?

Oh, I see your point. All I'm saying is it's retribution to VT fans for getting screwed 11 years ago. I certainly don't expect anybody else to see it that way, but then again I really don't care.

EvilVodka

Warlock
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully agree hawkeye..........

The sugar bowl should've been KSU vs. BSU........

and if the Big 10 was going to send another team to a BCS game, it should've been MSU who looked good in the Big 10 championship game.

:censored:

Well, you even have an argument with Boise State....they didn't win their conference, TCU did...

why is TCU ranked so low? They've only got 2 losses

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any reasonable person should think the #11 team getting taken over 6,7,8 and 9 is something of a joke.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you even have an argument with Boise State....they didn't win their conference, TCU did...

why is TCU ranked so low? They've only got 2 losses

Yet Alabama didn't win theirs either

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Alabama didn't win theirs either

Hell, alabama didn't even GO to the champ game........

They need to add a few minor clause rules to the BCS to make it slightly better......

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its essentially a popularity contest.......... and vatack and scUM fans don't care how or if its even right that they are there, just that they are there. And everyone else is a "hater" for even questioning it.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC sucks. The Big 12 is a much tougher conference. You still have 2 losses in a weak ass conference.

DaboFrank.jpg

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any reasonable person should think the #11 team getting taken over 6,7,8 and 9 is something of a joke.

Everybody is upset that Oklahoma State was #3 instead of #2...VT shouldnt have gotten a BCS bid, but they're just as deserving as Boise, K-State, and TCU.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is upset that Oklahoma State was #3 instead of #2...VT shouldnt have gotten a BCS bid, but they're just as deserving as Boise, K-State, and TCU.

Well that's a matter of opinion.

And the majority of opinions are they aren't as deserving.

The majority of opinions are the Sugar Bowl got it really wrong.

I am not ragging on Vtech or its fans. But the system got it wrong.

Again

A system that leaves out the 6,7,8 and 9th ranked teams in favor of 11,13, 14 and 23 is broken.

A system that claims body of work and every game are what matters and does the above is not only broken but grossly inconsistent.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't think that we will be declining our invitation so....moving on....

And you shouldn't decline them.

But you should accept a lot of people are unhappy with the decision and allow them to vent.

Instead of well it is what it is so stfu.

I hope Vtech fans have fun and a good game.

But I have every right to call the system and selection into question.

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fully agree hawkeye..........

The sugar bowl should've been KSU vs. BSU........

and if the Big 10 was going to send another team to a BCS game, it should've been MSU who looked good in the Big 10 championship game.

:censored:

Fully agree on that too. Michigan St. wins their division and Michigan who didn't, sits at home waiting for Michigan St. to lose the CHAMPIONSHIP game so they can be selected for a BCS Bowl. The entire system is a joke. They said a playoff would ruin the regular season. Well, we found out that was BS as well.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And you shouldn't decline them.

But you should accept a lot of people are unhappy with the decision and allow them to vent.

Instead of well it is what it is so stfu.

I hope Vtech fans have fun and a good game.

But I have every right to call the system and selection into question.

to quote a bunch of bama fans "I'll accept that, but that doesnt mean I have to care".

Just to be completely honest, i didnt think VT (or any ACC team) had a chance for an @ large. On the other hand though VT beat everyone on their schedule except clemson and finished the regular season with a top 5 ranking.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to quote a bunch of bama fans "I'll accept that, but that doesnt mean I have to care".

Just to be completely honest, i didnt think VT (or any ACC team) had a chance for an @ large. On the other hand though VT beat everyone on their schedule except clemson and finished the regular season with a top 5 ranking.

No one says you have to care.

You DO have to allow others to vent however.

This isn't personal, people aren't hating on VTech

Their fans need to take a step back and stop being so defensive. No one blames you. If you insist on being so prickly we'll pull out exactly what your schedule entailed. Appy state and ECE?

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No one says you have to care.

You DO have to allow others to vent however.

This isn't personal, people aren't hating on VTech

Their fans need to take a step back and stop being so defensive. No one blames you. If you insist on being so prickly we'll pull out exactly what your schedule entailed. Appy state and ECE?

nice edit. LMAO at a Boise fan talking about SOS.