• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami: Notice of Allegations...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...coming sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.

It doesn't look good. Miami is considering taking another self imposed bowl ban this year, a year in which they could win the ACC and go to a BCS bowl.

You do the math.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet their ex-AD is relieved Lincoln called.

He walked into a hornets nest down there.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA needs to go the fuck away! When are the schools gonna finally get tired of this overbearing shit!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't look good. Miami is considering taking another self imposed bowl ban this year, a year in which they could "win" the ACC, by default, and go to a BCS bowl.

You do the math.

fify. Is there anyway the ACC can just put Clemson in the ACCCG? Who wants to watch a 4, or maybe even a 6 loss team play FSU in the ACCCG?

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't look good. Miami is considering taking another self imposed bowl ban this year, a year in which they could win the ACC and go to a BCS bowl.

You do the math.

Fuck em. If they are taking “another” self imposed ban, then they’ve crossed the line a few times too many already. They are a thug school. Always have been, and obviously aren’t changing anytime soon. Death Penalty.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fify. Is there anyway the ACC can just put Clemson in the ACCCG? Who wants to watch a 4, or maybe even a 6 loss team play FSU in the ACCCG?

How the hell is that fixing it? Miami is leading the division and only has to beat Duke to get to the ACCCG. How is that "winning" the division by default? It's not like we're talking about the Leaders division in the Big Ten.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell is that fixing it? Miami is leading the division and only has to beat Duke to get to the ACCCG. How is that "winning" the division by default? It's not like we're talking about the Leaders division in the Big Ten.

They can finish second place and they would still "win" the division...Winning out would get them into the ACCCG, but it wouldn't necessarily mean they finished first in the division (which is the same as the Leaders division). This is why i think if Miami and UNC win out that Clemson should just be chosen to represent the Coastal division in the ACCCG. I don't think its fair to FSU or the coastal "winner" (if Miami self-imposes) to have to play in the ACCCG.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to be under the impression that it's a foregone conclusion that UNC will win the division. You still need to play UVA (who is playing decent ball) and MD (yeah, you'll beat MD) and have GT lose to Duke. If that happens, you'd own the tiebreaker over Miami, otherwise, Miami has 1st all by themselves or you're in a 3 way tie for first if you all win out.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to be under the impression that it's a foregone conclusion that UNC will win the division. You still need to play UVA (who is playing decent ball) and MD (yeah, you'll beat MD) and have GT lose to Duke. If that happens, you'd own the tiebreaker over Miami, otherwise, Miami has 1st all by themselves or you're in a 3 way tie for first if you all win out.

No, i expect us to lose out we have the worst secondary in America and its getting weaker every week. But for now, Miami does not control their own destiny...I was just saying that them winning out does not guarantee anything. Duke is the only team in control of their own destiny. Miami doesn't necessarily win the Coastal if they win out, but they could still be in the ACCCG. Thats all i was saying.

I expect Miami to beat Duke for the coastal division, but i think it would be hilarious if UNC won out, Miami won out, and Duke beat GT and then Miami didnt self impose. And then GT complain that the ACC should use a 3 way tiebreaker with UNC included, instead of a h2h tiebreaker. But the chance of that is really possible so i just hope Duke doesn't go.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also forget that you are reaping what you sowed.

The punishment didn't come out of the blue.

I understand that completely, but it sucked when we controlled our own destiny that the talk on ESPN during games was still on Miami being in position to win the Coastal. Even though we've known its very possible Miami self-imposes they still get media attention without a mention of them getting the nod only because UNC is ineligible. Obviously, we weren't good enough to win out and we aren't good enough to win the coastal, but it still sucked that we weren't even mentioned...

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Miami to beat Duke for the coastal division, but i think it would be hilarious if UNC won out, Miami won out, and Duke beat GT and then Miami didnt self impose. And then GT complain that the ACC should use a 3 way tiebreaker with UNC included, instead of a h2h tiebreaker. But the chance of that is really possible so i just hope Duke doesn't go.

The ACC has already stated that if there is a 3 way tie involving UNC, they would use the 3 way tie-breaker.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC has already stated that if there is a 3 way tie involving UNC, they would use the 3 way tie-breaker.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_li62xnyGMc1qzxzwwo1_500.jpg