• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Week 5-6 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the coach gets paid very well to sit on a bench and coach. Fans pay to see players not coaches.

For the majority of sports and their fan bases, I would accept your point - But, in all of our sports, we have the lousiest fan base on the face of the earth - and it has nothing to do with ticket prices, the product on the field or anything like that - Therefore, who gives a shit about what the fans pay or what they pay to see - And I say this as someone who goes to far too many games to count for all of our teams here (fish,fins,Heat,Canes - would go to Panthers games if they were located down here)

This lousy fan base is getting what it deserves

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope McBob replaces Williams in the lineup very soon.

Another thing I would like to see is Granger get some minutes. Spo really hasn't given him a fair chance IMO.

He played 6 meaningless minutes in the blowout loss to the Clippers and he started against the Nets in a game where we were without Deng or Wade.

It really can't hurt to give him 10 minutes just to see how he plays. He is a really good man to man defender and actually shut Joe Johnson down in the one game he started

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I really hope McBob replaces Williams in the lineup very soon.

Another thing I would like to see is Granger get some minutes. Spo really hasn't given him a fair chance IMO.

He played 6 meaningless minutes in the blowout loss to the Clippers and he started against the Nets in a game where we were without Deng or Wade.

It really can't hurt to give him 10 minutes just to see how he plays. He is a really good man to man defender and actually shut Joe Johnson down in the one game he started
He is just our secret weapon for the championship run!!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly the Heat are not beating elite teams, but I had hoped that we could hold our own against the Wizards and make the game a contest. The Heat had no answers, which is concerning. -- Chet.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
If Atlanta comes in tonight and run the Heat out of the gym, it will be time to move to Deathcom 3. Ever since the Heat moved into the Triple A, they've been a dominant home team. You can't ever get consistently punked at home, there will never be an acceptable excuse for it
GARRETTKALL
AT 1:50 PM DECEMBER 03, 2014
ADD A COMMENTSEE ALL COMMENTS

A: I've always viewed playoff races in tiers. I have Cleveland and Chicago in a top tier in the East. The Cavaliers have too much talent not to eventually rise to the top, and Chicago's Tom Thibodeau seems to value the regular season more than any other coach of a contender. I think have the Raptors and Wizards as the next two, with Toronto perhaps overachieving at the moment but still with plenty of depth, and with the Wizards' inside-outside game with Marcin Gortat/Nene and John Wall so formidable. So I would slot the Heat into the next group, with a puncher's chance in a first-round series as a No. 5 or No. 6 seed, if they can beat out Atlanta and perhaps Milwaukee or Brooklyn for such placement. Right now, I'm just not sure the Heat are up to challenges against the elite of the East, let alone what the Rockets, Warriors and Clippers have done to them when they've played the West.

Q: With no set rotations and such unpredictable substitution patterns it can be understandable why it is frustrating to play for Erik Spoelstra at times. Tell me, why are we still using Udonis Haslem instead of Justin Hamilton? -- Ryan, Naples.

A: First of all, Haslem is playing at the moment only because Chris Andersen is out. Once Birdman returns from his sprained right an ankle, I doubt Haslem or Hamilton will receive much in the way of playing time. As for "unpredictable" substitution patterns, part of that has been created by injuries, with Josh McRoberts only now taking steps forward from his offseason toe surgery and with Danny Granger still a great unknown. In the interim, Spoelstra has had the opportunity to experiments with the likes of James Ennis and Shawne Williams. Eventually, I could see it shaking it as a starting unit of Chris Bosh, Josh McRoberts, Luol Deng, Dwyane Wade and Norris Cole, with a second unit of Chris Andersen, Shawne Williams, Danny Granger, Mario Chalmers and Shabazz Napier. And that could put James Ennis in limbo. Of course, nothing is set with Cole or Granger at this point, because of inconsistency and injury.

Q: The Heat have been awful on the boards. Justin Hamilton would be able to spread the floor on offense and offer rebounding and shot blocking on defense. Why are Hamilton and Hassan Whiteside here if we aren't going to use them? -- L., St. Petersburg.

A: Because Erik Spoelstra is looking for complete, two-way players. McRoberts could help up front by bringing additional toughness. I think the Heat fully examine the possibilities with McRoberts before moving to any Plan B with Hamilton or Whiteside. Once Whiteside acclimates, though, he could be an intriguing option with his length and deterrence at the rim.

Are Miami Heat settling into middle of NBA East pack? - Sun Sentinel

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how every heat fan see the same issue that all of us see except paolo.

Sometimes I wonder if the organization is paying him under the table

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat enter 2-0 when Chalmers starts in place of Cole. Both starts came with since-released Shannon Brown starting alongside Chalmers.

Per Ira Winderman

Rumor has it Cole became sick after hearing of the possibility of Diva sitting out another game - It really has gotten to the point where players are getting sick of the same shit almost every game - this early in the season.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how every heat fan see the same issue that all of us see except paolo.

Because most everyone within this fan base and board is just beyond stupid

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chalmers,Wade, Deng, McRoberts, Bosh your starters for tonight

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat open with 2 turnovers - 1 by Wade

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng finally creates a chance by going to the basket and getting a foul in his favor.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade missed his first 2 shots and looking lazy on defense as usual

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then his laziness allows Carroll a cut to the basket and fouls him shane battier style

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already beyond clear we will be better off when Wade does not attempt to shoot tonight.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Hamilton with a UD-like charge - hope he steps up while Birdman is down and basically useless so far

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna need more from Deng, McRob, CB and Chalmers tonight Wade being shit as per usual

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta will sweep us this year. All we do is give them wide open 3's....to a 3 point shooting

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always, somehow, the idiots on this board will blame it on Spo and the defense - because thats what apologist do - but the breakdowns on defense are due to horrible offense on the other end and a lack of focus and effort on defense , which you cant blame the rest of the guys for that when their so called leader, diva wade, is the laziest on defense .

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“ we are lacking the will and want to do it” says Bosh pre-game as to what the problems are for the Heat specifically on 1-1 defense and boxing out - well, at least Bosh is saying all the right things - they need to show it on the court - but doesnt help when their leader is a lazy bum