• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins vs New England Cheatriots NFL Week 1

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can never project the pats inactives it's all up there in Belicheats brain he's been scheming it for 6 months.....

Don't flatter yourself, you ain't that important. Bill's too busy being the life of the party in the off season I'm sure. Him and Gronk together? They'd shame Brady and Welker!

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fellas, I'm brand new to this forum but have been a very loyal follower of the Dolphins for roughly 30+ yrs. I'm just wondering.....does everybody here REALLY believe Philbin is the coach that will finally bring Miami back to the proud franchise it once was? I mean....he very well might be the coach this team has needed for what seems like forever. I just have a difficult time really believing that.....I keep asking myself what old man Joe brings to this team. Is it discipline(can you say 'bully-gate'?)?Is it a 'never give up attitude'? Perhaps the ability to properly prepare his team each and every week(cough-final 2 weeks of 2013-cough cough)? I just don't know....pretty hard to imagine him surviving the season. I truly hope he does though, because that will mean the fins have finally made it back to the playoffs.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome CF the more posters the merrier! Good question and we're about to find the answer this year. I think that he's made some mistakes pretty much learning on the job but remember Belicheat stunk his first gig with the Browns. Takes time and his mentor Sherman didn't help the cause either. Ireland was also up and down. Let's see what happens this year...

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty good point, I think a lot of ppl(including myself) forget BB time w/Cleveland. IF Joe IS indeed gone after this year, is it wrong for me to want Gruden as our next hc? I mean, his ability to scout talent is pretty amazing (something this team hasn't had since perhaps Shula was here), hes a no-nonsense guy, and it seems ppl love playing for him. Also, since Hickey would probably mesh well w/him (Tampa connection-wink). Word is Ross is one of the wealthiest NFL owners so $ wouldn't be an issue. I guess if Tanny is what Miami fans are hoping that he is, this is all a moot subject. Man we need 1 or 2 decent linebackers tho.....another great move by Ireland(Wheeler and Ellerby-YIKES!!)!!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this year we'll see the Dolphins in the playoffs. Philbin & all the members of the organization will then be viewed as better. I think the offense will be drastically different with B Lazor compared to Sherman. I think the Oline will be better even before Pouncy returns & the Oline was the team's greatest weakness last year. The Fins definitely improved at RB. This is the year that Tannehill will need to show that he can be a clutch player. He has shown that he can move the ball with the new offense. The defense continues to be solid. Having Wheeler out is a challenge to the defense but Trusnik could be capable. I remember last preseason when he was a tackling machine when given the opportunity. J Jenkins has yet to prove himself at LB IMO. McCain is the LB that I am most excited about. He's a true playmaker. I think he'll make some plays as a rookie but with time he could become a special player. Go Fins!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a firm believer in Philbin - then again I am a firm believer in most HC’s we have had over the years. I am of the believe that it is up to the players to execute no matter the play call, no matter the situation. Really hate it that when things go rough, the coach gets the blame, while when things go well, the players get the praise.

I believe in Philbin. He and the rest of our coaches have done what they could to put us in the best position to win - the rest is on our players - because... at the end of the day, they are the ones on the field and it is they who have ultimate control of the outcome of a game.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like brady is coming into the game on a stretcher...doesn’t bode well for him if he can't move. He will be killed! Doesn’t even matter that Jordan is suspended as that line is deep....
nah,......just a kick in the shin [from gizzelle] for not cleaning their m-bedroom/toilet.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you're preaching to the choir man....I mean, I emphatically agree that all too often a head coach-regardless of the sport-gets blamed for virtually every negative issue that might plague his/her team. I can't say for sure (I sorta seriously doubt it) if 'bullygate' would have taken place on Bellichiks watch, or Cowhers or Grudens....but I suppose its entirely possible. I do hope Joe is our guy, and Tanny is our qb, as everything else will be downhill from there. 1 quick 'example' for which you are referring to regarding coaches and unjustified blame-you might remember (or perhaps you don't, not sure if you follow baseball or not) quite some time ago, I wana say it was around the early to mid 90s....when Bobby Valentine was the manager of the NY Mets. The Mets had just brought in some serious talent, they were already pretty good as I remember it. Mo Vaugn, Robby Alomar (who had just finished in the top 3 in the AL MVP the previous year) , several other players that had been really good in previous years. Ahhhhh, but THAT season, they seemed to all take a royal sh1t.....NOBODY produced. Alomar only hit like, .230 that year & didn't show a lot of power. Mo had a down year. Their pitching was horrible. Valentine was canned. I personally didn't agree w/his firing. Was it really his fault that the big acquisitions played like minor leaguers? Anyways, just a very typical situation where, they gotta blame someone....might as well be the coach/manager. Crazy....

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally like Tripp, out of Montana. I'm telling you, THIS kid has incredible instincts and a very good 'nose for the ball'. Word is that Miami is very high on both McCain and Tripp, and that next season both Wheeler and Ellerby will be gone. McCain and Tripp will be taking their spots on the defense. Can you even imagine what our defense might look like w/good (or great) linebacker play? Wow....now if we can just get Dion going. This could really be a special unit, I wish they would just play McCain & Tripp immediately. Can they be ANY worse than the two vastly over-paid idiots that dumb dumb signed? I'm going with no.....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a firm believer in Philbin - then again I am a firm believer in most HC’s we have had over the years. I am of the believe that it is up to the players to execute no matter the play call, no matter the situation. Really hate it that when things go rough, the coach gets the blame, while when things go well, the players get the praise.

I believe in Philbin. He and the rest of our coaches have done what they could to put us in the best position to win - the rest is on our players - because... at the end of the day, they are the ones on the field and it is they who have ultimate control of the outcome of a game.

Ya but as a coach you have the ability of making the right decision to win games. How many times did Sherman call a pass on 3rd and short when a run could have guaranteed 3 points or even a first down at a critical point in the game? Too many he destined the team for failure more than once so I put that on the coach. You can have a nice car but if you point it at a brick wall it won't survive....

Now Philbin could have stepped in but it would have been tough for him considering Sherman was his mentor. At least they fixed the problem this year I give him credit for this.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both of those guys too but you shouldn't hand them the job they need to earn it. They also need to learn the D right now they're playing on instinct but they may challenge as early as this year. Fun to watch their progression.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk heard the footsteps from Wilson sweet punt block!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yahoo:

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Hammer is enjoying this, but that was a bad start.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: