• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins 2016-17 opponents

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-10 is going to be hard to repeat. Name 6 wins - I'll give you 1, a split with New England. Name 5 more?????

Split with the entire division. Browns, Niners, Titans, Ravens, and Chargers. 8 wins is the ceiling. I think 6 is a realistic expectation. Year 2 of Adam Gase is where we should have possible wildcard expectations.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest expectation for me is for Tannehill to show drastic improvement. I want to see 30+ TDs, and 4000 yards, while limiting the turnovers. Need to see him win a couple games with his play on the field. This is truly a prove it season for Tannehill. I think most agree that he showed regression this season, and some are beginning to lose faith, including me.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest expectation for me is for Tannehill to show drastic improvement. I want to see 30+ TDs, and 4000 yards, while limiting the turnovers. Need to see him win a couple games with his play on the field. This is truly a prove it season for Tannehill. I think most agree that he showed regression this season, and some are beginning to lose faith, including me.

Given the fact that Tannehill will be entering his 5th season in the league and was given the contract he was -- your expectations would seem reasonable.

Here is why it is not - in spite of all the reasons you can come up with why you think it is:

First - The new staff and new offensive minds coming to his aid. The new system should surely be friendlier to Tanehills currents strengths - and should help further develop the areas he is weak at. But a new system is always something that takes time to get used to. People always criticize his lack of arm strength and his struggles with the deep ball, but it seems people don't under the concepts of a scheme. The WCO is not a scheme that really involves a lot of deep throws - quite the contrary - its more about the quick, short, intermediate passes.

Next, this roster has a lot of holes and those are mainly the areas around Tannehill - I would say, until those holes are addressed, it is really impossible to really tag any real expectations his way. I will say, though, the 4,000 yards is a reasonable expectation given that he has done it constantly in his career. The 30+ TDs, eh? The system signals that is possible - but again, its about the way things around him develop. Remember, for it to be a TD its not just about the throw by Tannehill - the catch from the receiver, the blocking from the OL and others is a factor - as is what the opponent does. Cant put it all on Tannehill. Point is, a lot of the negative numbers such as incompletions , etc were due to failures of the guys around him.

If they fix these things, Tannehiils numbers will no doubt increase

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the fact that Tannehill will be entering his 5th season in the league and was given the contract he was -- your expectations would seem reasonable.

Here is why it is not - in spite of all the reasons you can come up with why you think it is:

First - The new staff and new offensive minds coming to his aid. The new system should surely be friendlier to Tanehills currents strengths - and should help further develop the areas he is weak at. But a new system is always something that takes time to get used to. People always criticize his lack of arm strength and his struggles with the deep ball, but it seems people don't under the concepts of a scheme. The WCO is not a scheme that really involves a lot of deep throws - quite the contrary - its more about the quick, short, intermediate passes.

Next, this roster has a lot of holes and those are mainly the areas around Tannehill - I would say, until those holes are addressed, it is really impossible to really tag any real expectations his way. I will say, though, the 4,000 yards is a reasonable expectation given that he has done it constantly in his career. The 30+ TDs, eh? The system signals that is possible - but again, its about the way things around him develop. Remember, for it to be a TD its not just about the throw by Tannehill - the catch from the receiver, the blocking from the OL and others is a factor - as is what the opponent does. Cant put it all on Tannehill. Point is, a lot of the negative numbers such as incompletions , etc were due to failures of the guys around him.

If they fix these things, Tannehiils numbers will no doubt increase[/QUOTE
Yes agreed. It also didn't help if your coach and OC didn't want you there. That just blew my mind that you would sacrifice yourself to get rid of someone.. I believe that if they can solve those problems and all be on the same page they can turn things around.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for quoting me, Flyer, lol. Did you miss something?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what happened :
Yes agreed. It also didn't help if your coach and OC didn't want you there. That just blew my mind that you would sacrifice yourself to get rid of someone.. I believe that if they can solve those problems and all be on the same page they can turn things around.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home – BuffaloBills, New York Jets, New England Patriots, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers, Arizona Cardinals, Tennessee Titans
Away – Buffalo Bills, New York Jets, New England Patriots, Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Ravens, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, San Diego Chargers
I think some will play out on how they are scheduled. I can see wins against - Bills, Browns, 49ers, Titans, Jets, Rams and Ravens. so 7-9 looks like my prediction.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home – BuffaloBills, New York Jets, New England Patriots, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers, Arizona Cardinals, Tennessee Titans
Away – Buffalo Bills, New York Jets, New England Patriots, Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Ravens, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, San Diego Chargers
I think some will play out on how they are scheduled. I can see wins against - Bills, Browns, 49ers, Titans, Jets, Rams and Ravens. so 7-9 looks like my prediction.
Much easier schedule than last year. I'm predicting 8-8. Ceiling is 9-7.
Best probable result of 2016 - better play, competitive in games, better morale.