• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MHSL82's 2016 Summer Olympics Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MHSL82, are you going to watch the Olympics again this year, this time with your kids? I liked reading about you watching it with your daughter last time.

What I do when she starts to cry, if it's not real pain, is that I see if it's something she can do herself. For example, when she was first starting to walk, every once in awhile, she'd fuss a bit when she wanted to go somewhere. Instead of picking her up and taking her to where she wanted to go, like my wife would be inclined to do, I demonstrate how to get where she wants to go. She would then imitate. If she fell, I would say "boom" and instead of crying, she'd say "boom" back to me. She's had a "whatever" attitude to falling. Once my friend's baby fell and screamed, "waaaaaaaaaah" to which my daughter looked at me and said "boom" pointing to her baby friend. She saw the Olympic diving this year and said "boom wawa" which I consider one of her first sentences. (Wawa means water, of course.)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe my ears aren't great, but is this 12 year old rapper saying the F word a lot?

Or is it some other word in Brazilian?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe my ears aren't great, but is this 12 year old rapper saying the F word a lot?

Or is it some other word in Brazilian?

Portuguese.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MHSL82, are you going to watch the Olympics again this year, this time with your kids? I liked reading about you watching it with your daughter last time.

Watched volleyball the other day. Interested in the sand, not so much the game. She'd like to play but obviously would be a typical kid at it. It would be more fun to try to keep the game alive, as opposed to winning... not sure I would win, as I have no idea where they would hit it because they wouldn't know where they would be hitting it, out of bounds would have little consequence (cheaters! Just kidding.), mulligans all over the place (but only for them), the wifey wouldn't want me to try to win (so I would have to hit it to them), and I'm older and slower and never was that fast anyway.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched volleyball the other day. Interested in the sand, not so much the game. She'd like to play but obviously would be a typical kid at it. It would be more fun to try to keep the game alive, as opposed to winning... not sure I would win, as I have no idea where they would hit it because they wouldn't know where they would be hitting it, out of bounds would have little consequence (cheaters! Just kidding.), mulligans all over the place (but only for them), the wifey wouldn't want me to try to win (so I would have to hit it to them), and I'm older and slower and never was that fast anyway.

Yeah, a volleyball might be too heavy right now.

Maybe you could have more restrictive boundaries for you, then for them. Kind of like how if this was tennis, they could use the doubles alleys, but you couldn't.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your caption in your FB post from today had a thumbnail of two female volleyball players hugging, and it said "Learn something new everyday. I didn't know this was legal".

From the thumbnail, I was trying to figure out what you had thought was previously illegal. Was there a special kind of hug that was going to be shown in that video?

It turns out, that there was an actual volleyball play in that video.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your caption in your FB post from today had a thumbnail of two female volleyball players hugging, and it said "Learn something new everyday. I didn't know this was legal".

From the thumbnail, I was trying to figure out what you had thought was previously illegal. Was there a special kind of hug that was going to be shown in that video?

It turns out, that there was an actual volleyball play in that video.

I'm confused on how to respond, but for those reading along, the video was about how a player can go under the net to the other side of the net and hit the ball over to a teammate if the ball was going to go out of bounds on the opponents side after a hit by a teammate. I think the ball has to go out of bounds side first before it initially went over the net. When I first saw it, I was waiting for a :facepalm: but then instead saw how it was a little known rule. And it led to the win.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused on how to respond, but for those reading along, the video was about how a player can go under the net to the other side of the net and hit the ball over to a teammate if the ball was going to go out of bounds on the opponents side after a hit by a teammate. I think the ball has to go out of bounds side first before it initially went over the net. When I first saw it, I was waiting for a :facepalm: but then instead saw how it was a little known rule. And it led to the win.

So the player can't run off to the other side, without going under the net? The player can't go around the side of the net?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the player can't run off to the other side, without going under the net? The player can't go around the side of the net?

I don't know. Do I look like I have any idea of what I am talking about? Just kidding, I think it is explained in the video I put on FB. Don't have it right now and I don't know if I hid it from my timeline or not. Periodically, I remove things from my wall without deleting it. It mucks the wall up. I just want stuff about me or my family on the wall. Narcissistic me. :)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you have any other memorable family moments, watching the Olympics?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you have any other memorable family moments, watching the Olympics?

No, but I remember the year my grandmother passed away by remembering she was still here when the Olympics were is Salt Lake City. She passed away that year two days after my parents 22 Anniversary. I hope my other grandmother is here for my 22 Anniversary. She would be around 103. But I will settle on 22 Anniversary of meeting my wife, same day different year (yes, on purpose - didn't want to marry same year ;)). She'd be 100. My grandfather would have been 100 when my daughter was born. Yes, there's an age difference there.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but I remember the year my grandmother passed away by remembering she was still here when the Olympics were is Salt Lake City. She passed away that year two days after my parents 22 Anniversary. I hope my other grandmother is here for my 22 Anniversary. She would be around 103. But I will settle on 22 Anniversary of meeting my wife, same day different year (yes, on purpose - didn't want to marry same year ;)). She'd be 100. My grandfather would have been 100 when my daughter was born. Yes, there's an age difference there.

Great informative post.