• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mets first-round pick Dom Smith performed well this summer

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets 2013 first-round pick 1B Dominic Smith is among the group of players who shined in their first taste of professional baseball this summer, according to Jake Seiner of MiLB.com.
“Rare is the high school first baseman with a bat so prodigious that he makes his way into the first half of the first round, but in Smith, the Mets may have found a special left-handed hitter,” Seiner writes. “The Los Angeles native showed an advanced approach in his debut, hitting .287 with a .384 on-base percentage and .791 OPS in the GCL. The 6-foot, 185-pounder slugged only three homers in 48 games but figures to add more power as his frame fills.”
Smith was also named the fourth-best prospect in the Gulf Coast League this season, according Baseball America.
Smith is playing in the Instructional League this off season.

Metsblog | Latest News, Rumors and Opinion about the Mets

This is excellent news, considering some had him as the best pure hitter in the draft last year. Love when he fell to us, though he is still 4 years away, bright future.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty excited when we drafted this guy, everything I've read about him is positive. I'm hoping he can surprise us and be ready sooner than later.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awesome, but I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, felt the same with Nimmo and he's still not ready yet.