• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melvin Gordon - Again...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 stats that prove Chargers RB Melvin Gordon deserves a raise

This is an old article during Gordon's hold out last year. Something caught my eye about the case they were making for Gordon and it is worth noting for all Bronco's fans:

Melvin Gordon is the only running back in the NFL to earn an 80.0-plus grade when carrying the football against a defense with eight or more men in the box.https://www.pff.com/news/pro-z-the-nfls-top-running-backs-against-stacked-boxes …

I can agree the Broncos could have gotten a better deal with Gordon -and I'm happy my old buddy @58crash has mellowed on this topic, but who wouldn't want the RB who is the best at running into the teeth of an 8 man (or more) box. This explains Gordon's TDs totals. When they use you to run into an 8 man box - it might also explain an under 4.0 rush average.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Bills offering Gordon more, I don’t agree that the Broncos could have gotten a “better deal” with Gordon.

Thanks for the article. Good stuff.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the talk about Lock and our other skill positions, Gordon is poised to really be a star for us next year.

Broncogreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 stats that prove Chargers RB Melvin Gordon deserves a raise

This is an old article during Gordon's hold out last year. Something caught my eye about the case they were making for Gordon and it is worth noting for all Bronco's fans:

I can agree the Broncos could have gotten a better deal with Gordon -and I'm happy my old buddy @58crash has mellowed on this topic, but who wouldn't want the RB who is the best at running into the teeth of an 8 man (or more) box. This explains Gordon's TDs totals. When they use you to run into an 8 man box - it might also explain an under 4.0 rush average.
I like Ekeler better. And he's from Eaton

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the talk about Lock and our other skill positions, Gordon is poised to really be a star for us next year.

It really feels nice to have a good variety of playmakers and guys who fit what we are trying to create our identity around.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to Mingos post
I’d like to add Stats . Specifically RZ stats.

Gordon is far superior to Eckler as is Lindsay in running inside the 20 and scoring TDs . Eckler would give you similar stats to Gordon between the 20s but Inside the 20 Gordon shines .

Denver will have plenty of playmakers between the 20 But Gordon is top 5
inside the 20 in yards and attempts and TD scored.

How much are RZ touchdowns worth to this team? Gordon should put up 10+ TDs in the Red zone.