• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mebane done for the year

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we will probably see a drop off from tied for best in the league at 3.2 per carry to somewhere in the 3.7-3.8 range the rest of the way. One thing to note is what GB finally did to overcome the loss of Raji by playing Matthews in various spots over the middle. I don't think we have a player of his caliber, but if we break down that film and see what they are doing, it may help. It would also help if we played the Bears every game for the rest of the season too.

As far as KC, we need to take what we just did to the Giants and pile heaps more onto KC. Their run defense is giving up 4.7 per carry, although they have not allowed a rushing TD. I love that fact because I think it focuses Bevell on getting Beast or RW into the endzone on the ground. If we get the ball first, we need to just pound their D-line with Tukuafu and Moeki, and Gilliam, and whoever else we can throw at them in jumbo type packages. Take the crowd out of the game with a long drive where we just pound first down after first down. After a couple quarters of that, they will scream uncle and allow Marshawn to walk into the endzone.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebane got hurt in the first half of the Giants game, seems to me the Seahawks did OK without him. Of course the teams coming up are better then the Giants so, I guess we'll see how it goes.
Kevin Williams, Tony McDaniel, and Jordan Hill and Bennett should be able to get the job done IMO.

Still hurts though... Both our best run stuffers from last year are now out... Big Red and now Mebane... I hope guys can step up ... Giants are not a good running team so it's hard to judge off that... This will sting when we face better running teams... Hopefully we get Wagner and Smith back soon... Kam also... Our D needs those guy's back especially without Mebane now...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a huge loss, Mebane was playing great. Time for the guys on the D-Line to step up with Jamal Charles next up.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Mebane hurts a lot. It hurts way more than any outsider ( yes im talking to you Cards, Rams and 49er fans ) could even comprehend. We know that Mebane is the plug that makes this engine fire on Defense and is the #1 reason they are so strong against the run. He demands 2 to 3 men on every play and that's no joke. This allows the LB free reign and the ability to cover sideline to sideline pretty much un-touched.

Hopefully we get Wagnor ans Smith back soon ( LB ) and the CB's continue to get healthy and Kam isn't the next to be put on IR. We all know Kam has missed a ton of time this season also along with Lane, Wagnor, Maxwell, Smith, now we lose Mebane. 16+ people on IR or the injury list and over half those are STARTERS.

The only saving grace is that unlike 2008 i believe it was it's not all to one area like when we lost EVERY WR on our team EVERY SINGLE ONE and had to pick people up off the streets to play.

The Cards got hit hard by the Injury bug but for them most of it was at the start of the season when there was a lot of GOOD players not on teams that they could grab.

The 49ers had something like 3 years of almost perfect health so anyone watching saw this building up to happen.

The Rams, they just have to be the most unlucky team in our division.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebane officially placed on IR and TE Rashuan Allen has been brought back. That doesn't give me a good feeling about the potential health of the TE spot either.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebane officially placed on IR and TE Rashuan Allen has been brought back. That doesn't give me a good feeling about the potential health of the TE spot either.

Any word on Miller ? We need that dude back ...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck!!:doh: This is a major blow

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang this sucks. Our D-Line is already so thin, and Mebane was always such a reliable piece of that crew.

I know everyone is screaming O-Line in the draft, but give me D-Line all day. Russell can still do his scramble thing (for now) and our O-Line is still one of the best run blocking lines in the league, when (like EVERY team) we're healthy.

Hopefully Mebane recovers fast and is able to start next season (I know that's looking way ahead but...) 100%.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Mebane hurts a lot. It hurts way more than any outsider ( yes im talking to you Cards, Rams and 49er fans ) could even comprehend. We know that Mebane is the plug that makes this engine fire on Defense and is the #1 reason they are so strong against the run. He demands 2 to 3 men on every play and that's no joke. This allows the LB free reign and the ability to cover sideline to sideline pretty much un-touched.

Hopefully we get Wagnor ans Smith back soon ( LB ) and the CB's continue to get healthy and Kam isn't the next to be put on IR. We all know Kam has missed a ton of time this season also along with Lane, Wagnor, Maxwell, Smith, now we lose Mebane. 16+ people on IR or the injury list and over half those are STARTERS.

The only saving grace is that unlike 2008 i believe it was it's not all to one area like when we lost EVERY WR on our team EVERY SINGLE ONE and had to pick people up off the streets to play.

The Cards got hit hard by the Injury bug but for them most of it was at the start of the season when there was a lot of GOOD players not on teams that they could grab.

The 49ers had something like 3 years of almost perfect health so anyone watching saw this building up to happen.

The Rams, they just have to be the most unlucky team in our division.

Lol I remember that. By week 4 or something we had lost our first 5 WRs and we had to pick up Koren Robinson off the street. I also recall us ending the season with every one of our week 1 starting offensive linemen on the IR.

Injuries sure have been a bit this year

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang this sucks. Our D-Line is already so thin, and Mebane was always such a reliable piece of that crew.

I know everyone is screaming O-Line in the draft, but give me D-Line all day. Russell can still do his scramble thing (for now) and our O-Line is still one of the best run blocking lines in the league, when (like EVERY team) we're healthy.

Hopefully Mebane recovers fast and is able to start next season (I know that's looking way ahead but...) 100%.

Are you kidding me? Our offensive line is mediocre at best when it comes to run blocking. Lynch frequently has to create something when there are no running lanes available.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This injury hurts and really will test the depth of the d-line on this team. Would sure be nice to have guys like Big Red and McDonald right about now, but that's not how the NFL works.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for you guys. I hate when a key component for any team goes down. As much as I want to beat Seattle 2x a year I want it to be against their best. With that said that should help Stanton when the Cards face the Seahawks on the 23.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for you guys. I hate when a key component for any team goes down. As much as I want to beat Seattle 2x a year I want it to be against their best. With that said that should help Stanton when the Cards face the Seahawks on the 23.

Yeah, it's a big loss but we've been playing without Wagner and Kam so if we get healthy we shouldn't be too screwed over. That's fucked what happened to Palmer though. He wasn't the same for a long time after that cheap shot that basically ruined his career against Pittsburgh. Now he's finally getting things back together and this happens.