• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McShay Rips LT and VT

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Royal is the best VT WR in the league which isn't saying a whole lot. Marcus Davis despite his good numbers this year will not reach his potential while at VT and it took forever for him to get on the field despite having the best tools. Corey Fuller probably should have been ready for playing time earlier too

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not overly impressed or attached to any of the offensive coaches. Beamer needs to take the leap and get a good, proven OC and let him (the OC) choose who he wants on his staff. Beamer needs to keep his worthless 2 cents about offense out of it. How Beamer would go about getting the right guy I have no idea because Beamer does not know what to look for. He's clueless about offense

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol same McShay that was so high on LT at the end of last season. Didn't he have him as a top 10 pick in the same system last year. If he knows so much about football why isnt he coaching instead of writing. How many d linemen or backers do we have in the NFL why isn't he writing on our outdated defense?

Foster likes to go small with his D. Plus if the staff doesn't want to or can't go out of state and get recruits then obviously you only have the best of what Virginia has to offer. Has VT missed on any big names in the state of Virginia recently who turned out to be good pros on defense? On a related note Beamer has said he can win a national championship with Virginia players. WRONG

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like McShay. I've always been a bit puzzled as to why he gets so much hate on the internetz but then I realize its the internetz.

Anyway, he speaks the truth on this. LT's mechanics have been garbage, he's still an NFL prospect, he would be better off going later because he's not ready yet, and our offensive line is outdated and sucks.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royal is the best VT WR in the league which isn't saying a whole lot. Marcus Davis despite his good numbers this year will not reach his potential while at VT and it took forever for him to get on the field despite having the best tools. Corey Fuller probably should have been ready for playing time earlier too

You could make a case for Royal, but I'd probably go Morgan there.

There's been a lot of good with Sherman as well as some questionable things. I'm not super committed to him, but I'm not gonna get up in arms wanting him fired either.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is pretty pitiful when you read through it... Some people need to learn to look at positives as well as negatives. Let's be realists, not pessimists.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This thread is pretty pitiful when you read through it... Some people need to learn to look at positives as well as negatives. Let's be realists, not pessimists.

So who's the realist now? Did you enjoy watching that trash of an offense on Saturday? Oh I know the Duke game turned everything around and you expected better...LOL

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't McShay the guy that was predicting that LT could go #1 overall in the draft this year before the season started?

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't McShay the guy that was predicting that LT could go #1 overall in the draft this year before the season started?

It was Kiper that had Logan that high (#2). I don't know where McShay had him. And the reason they had him that high is that they thought he would continue to improve. Not stall like he has.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's the realist now? Did you enjoy watching that trash of an offense on Saturday? Oh I know the Duke game turned everything around and you expected better...LOL

You do not listen. If you did, you would realize how stupid that reply was.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You do not listen. If you did, you would realize how stupid that reply was.

Ok I'll focus on the positives which are that there are some good defensive coaches at VT who have at least proven that they can get the job done when there aren't huge talent deficiencies and recruiting misses. The current offense even with a typical shitty Newsome O-line still has some good players on it. VT is located in a state that has good HS football talent. VT has 3 coaches that are good at recruiting in Shane Beamer, Gray, and Stinespring. That's about it