• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McLaurin got 71 million

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary Terry got paid what he got paid, and for once the redskins didnt lowball or franchise tag or negotiate in the press.

It had to be done and Terry McNasty is absolutely worth it.

Also, with paying Jon Allen and now TM, it tells the team that the commandolaurians are serious about at least trying to keep their own.

Next up: winning.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good deal for TM and the team. he's the best offensive player you got and you had to keep him. His stats compare nicely with Brown's and you got away with paying him less than Brown. 7th overall is pretty good b/c it puts him comfortably ahead of about 7 players making about 20M/year and it was clear that TM was gonna get more than 20M/yr.

In a year or so, his contract won't even be in the top 10 for WRs, so if his production holds, the contract will look even better.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good deal for TM and the team. he's the best offensive player you got and you had to keep him. His stats compare nicely with Brown's and you got away with paying him less than Brown. 7th overall is pretty good b/c it puts him comfortably ahead of about 7 players making about 20M/year and it was clear that TM was gonna get more than 20M/yr.

In a year or so, his contract won't even be in the top 10 for WRs, so if his production holds, the contract will look even better.

Exactly! Skinsdad thinks its market value. I say we got a value b/c its below Brown and Diggs. So its below the current market. Now when Metcalf and Samuel resign it will probably be more than what Tmac got. The whole point is we got Allen and Tmac at good deals. People on here think we have to pay more b/c of the current state of the franchise. That is not the case.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! Skinsdad thinks its market value. I say we got a value b/c its below Brown and Diggs. So its below the current market. Now when Metcalf and Samuel resign it will probably be more than what Tmac got. The whole point is we got Allen and Tmac at good deals. People on here think we have to pay more b/c of the current state of the franchise. That is not the case.
I think you're both right. It's a market value deal that actually works well for the team too.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're both right. It's a market value deal that actually works well for the team too.

I thought Brown was market value but its below Brown.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its market value dean . in future years the market will change again

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Brown was market value but its below Brown.
Just a relative term "market value" dean. Tmac is in that ball park of the top 7 WR's in the NFL. Paid up there with some of the best as you point out. Good for both sides.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its market value dean . in future years the market will change again

It's a great deal for both sides. I thought b/c of the holdout he would want more than Brown. That turned out to be false.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz opens up the playbook and when Logan comes back there will be weapons all over the field.

This is why I was so adamant about drafting a WR in the first. The Redskins needed to create mismatches for other teams.

Sure FS, G were needs, but Dotson changes how teams have to prepare and scheme for us now that McLaurin is in the fold.

That said, the offense will ride on how much Norwell and Turner have left in the tank.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lets see what he does with a mid level starter

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz opens up the playbook and when Logan comes back there will be weapons all over the field.

This is why I was so adamant about drafting a WR in the first. The Redskins needed to create mismatches for other teams.

Sure FS, G were needs, but Dotson changes how teams have to prepare and scheme for us now that McLaurin is in the fold.

That said, the offense will ride on how much Norwell and Turner have left in the tank.
Great post!