• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCoy leaves a .20 tip?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, customers just don't benefit from tipping in restaurants.

I go to a handful of sports bars pretty regularly and tip well there but I actually get something from that tipping in the way of free drinks, better liquor if I ordered a mixed drink, better service, etc. I get nothing from tipping big in a restaurant though. I could leave a $10,000 tip on a $60 lunch and the waiter would have no idea who I was if I showed up two weeks later. I would just be another guy.

I don't know if the story about LeSean McCoy is true or not but I think it's a pretty bad idea to go public with someone's receipt that way. I know I would avoid a place that did that.

Sure you do, you benefit by the cost of your food being less in accordance with the restaurant not having to pay their servers a wage. If everyone quit tipping then restaurants would be forced to pay 12ish+ dollars an hour in order for anyone to take that kind of job. That hike in wage scale would be indicated in your food pricing. Really it all works out the same for the customer monetarily, the difference is the server making 12 bucks an hour isnt going to give a shit about raising his or her level of service because its irrelevant to their pay. Servers that work based off tips are generally much more attentive and friendly.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he can only afford twenty cents,..... what with all that child support he doesn't pay? :noidea:

Hashtag-pilingon

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you do, you benefit by the cost of your food being less in accordance with the restaurant not having to pay their servers a wage. If everyone quit tipping then restaurants would be forced to pay 12ish+ dollars an hour in order for anyone to take that kind of job. That hike in wage scale would be indicated in your food pricing. Really it all works out the same for the customer monetarily, the difference is the server making 12 bucks an hour isnt going to give a shit about raising his or her level of service because its irrelevant to their pay. Servers that work based off tips are generally much more attentive and friendly.

Nonsense.

Restaurant prices would stay pretty much the same. Half of the staff would just be let go.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utter garbage. Sounds like they went in there with an attitude and left with worse. Criticizing the food by saying "what the fuck is this..." Is one thing. But 1) that's. It the servers fault, and 2) it's a flipping hamburger guys.

You wanna criticize the food - fine. You wanna make a complaint to the manager - fine. But to go into your hometown where you know people will be excited to have you, and throw a bitch feet over burgers and leave a 20 cent tip is stupid, classless, and pure trash.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, customers just don't benefit from tipping in restaurants.

I go to a handful of sports bars pretty regularly and tip well there but I actually get something from that tipping in the way of free drinks, better liquor if I ordered a mixed drink, better service, etc. I get nothing from tipping big in a restaurant though. I could leave a $10,000 tip on a $60 lunch and the waiter would have no idea who I was if I showed up two weeks later. I would just be another guy.

I don't know if the story about LeSean McCoy is true or not but I think it's a pretty bad idea to go public with someone's receipt that way. I know I would avoid a place that did that.

Sometimes in life you do things because it is the right thing to do. You don't always have to have a personal benefit to be a decent human being.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense.

Restaurant prices would stay pretty much the same. Half of the staff would just be let go.

Clearly you have never worked in a restaurant :) LOL. Having done so through college I can promise you that you are incorrect. Service is the life blood of any successful restaurant. Your food can be the best food in the city and if your service sucks you will go out of business. Most restaurants pay servers anywhere between 3-4 dollars per hour but that money is actually rarely ever paid because once a servers reported tips cross a median threshold the restaurant is no longer responsible to pay them anything. Also most places have a minimum numbers of wait staff that is neccessary to run their business on a per shift basis and that doesnt change based on what you need to pay them. Most places limit a servers table capacity or section to 3-6 tables based off of the size of those tables and what night it is. Letting go half your staff instead of paying them just gets you even worse service and fewer customers. Any restaurant owner knows this so the only logical step would be to raise prices. You cannot simply offer terrible service as an altermative to higher pricing. It would never work.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you have never worked in a restaurant :) LOL. Having done so through college I can promise you that you are incorrect. Service is the life blood of any successful restaurant. Your food can be the best food in the city and if your service sucks you will go out of business. Most restaurants pay servers anywhere between 3-4 dollars per hour but that money is actually rarely ever paid because once a servers reported tips cross a median threshold the restaurant is no longer responsible to pay them anything. Also most places have a minimum numbers of wait staff that is neccessary to run their business on a per shift basis and that doesnt change based on what you need to pay them. Most places limit a servers table capacity or section to 3-6 tables based off of the size of those tables and what night it is. Letting go half your staff instead of paying them just gets you even worse service and fewer customers. Any restaurant owner knows this so the only logical step would be to raise prices. You cannot simply offer terrible service as an altermative to higher pricing. It would never work.

Of course all this doesnt even account for bussers, hosts/hostesses, barbacks, food runners, expediters etc etc ALL of whom are tipped out on a nightly basis by servers ( geberally 5-7% of the servers total sales ), if a restaurant were forced to pay servers AND all of these other positions your food that cost you 10 bucks today would likely cost you about 15 bucks tomorrow since it would literally be impossible to run a restaurant of any kind without all of these people. Sadly the .20 cent tip that McCoy left wasnt even really a .20 cent tip as the servers likely paid at LEAST 5% of the tables bill in tip out. Meaning of course that it likely cost them for the privelege of waiting on a couple assholes. :) truth.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, nonsense.

If restaurants could simply double their prices then their prices would be doubled right now. That pretty much goes for every single thing you can purchase. It's not like restaurants just picked these prices out of a hat.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes in life you do things because it is the right thing to do. You don't always have to have a personal benefit to be a decent human being.

You have to give away money to people in arbitrarily chosen professions to be a decent human being?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, nonsense.

If restaurants could simply double their prices then their prices would be doubled right now. That pretty much goes for every single thing you can purchase. It's not like restaurants just picked these prices out of a hat.

So what you are saying is that the cost of running a business has no correlation at all with the pricing of the goods or services that the business provides?? I guess that pretty much eliminates any argument against a giant hike to the minimum wage in the country then... LOL

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is that the cost of running a business has no correlation at all with the pricing of the goods or services that the business provides?? I guess that pretty much eliminates any argument against a giant hike to the minimum wage in the country then... LOL

What?

:noidea:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an interesting article based on a paper written by the preeminent hotel and business administration professor in the country. Id provide you the paper itself if anyone is interested in the cause and effect of tipping vs all inclusive places.

Should American restaurants abolish tipping?.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you guys missed where I posted a link proving this whole story is bullshit and the bottom feeders of WIP bit hook line and sinker and ran with it! Solid reporting as usual from WIP, not an ounce or creativity or research was done on thier part, all they did was post a bunk story!

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you guys missed where I posted a link proving this whole story is bullshit and the bottom feeders of WIP bit hook line and sinker and ran with it! Solid reporting as usual from WIP, not an ounce or creativity or research was done on thier part, all they did was post a bunk story!

My first thought was that this was bogus, too.

How do you explain their Facebook page?

https://www.facebook.com/PYTburger

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you explain the duplicate receipt's with same numbers, price, tip, signature, server name, etc, only thing that changed is the print out name. with different names on it?? I would say they are trying to reap the benefits of free publicity but its doing nothing but back firing on them causing business suicide, they have lost a shit load of business from eagles fans due to this.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an interesting article based on a paper written by the preeminent hotel and business administration professor in the country. Id provide you the paper itself if anyone is interested in the cause and effect of tipping vs all inclusive places.

Not sure of the validity of her arguments.

And - as she mentions Europe - good service gets rewarded here (the Netherlands) as well, generally, by leaving a more generous tip. Also, usually tips are shared between the whole (junior) staff - waiters, bartenders, but also kitchen assistants and dishwashers. People equally important for the end result, but usually not seen. So not sure whether the incentive is there.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with anything said so far.

Nor do I see that it carries much weight. I mean it looks like it relies on a single manager of a single restaurant's viewpoint.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3