• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCoy leaves a .20 tip?

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The waitress was black.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe the restaurant realized they were committing business suicide as most eagle fans would take their business elsewhere and thier bottomline would crumble.

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I made as much money as he did, I'd prob leave $50 every time I went out... fuck it, what's $50 when you make the bank he makes? It's a generous thing to do for somebody who needs it way more than you.

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "waitresses" name was 'Rob'.

lesean9n-4-web.jpg

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it that reciept posted above has been used over and over with different celeb names such as Sean Connery, and McCoy among others, looks legit to me but there is to much bullshit on the internet these days to say its not a really good photoshop deal, that being said I am 50/50 on this, yet I have no prob with it if the service was really poor, PYT has a reputation of shit service and waiters/waitresses who would rather socialize or be on thier Iphone then do thier job so in his defense if this is true I can see why he would be pissed over poor service, it's thier job and they can't even do it right.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/thread

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We NEED his side of the story. This shit is important. From the waiter's account, they seem like a fun and interesting table to wait on. (colorful language, critical feedback on their meals..)

Another HUGE question, of course, is what race is the waiter. This could totally be racially motivated on both sides. Hopefully CNN has been alerted and will investigate asap.

I'm sure TMZ is all over it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe McCoy felt that his waiter sucked and he got shitty service? There is always two sides to every story.

Probably. But if that was the case then why leave a tip at all?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happens there are tons of crappy tippers out there I know I deliver to them all the time. You move on and someone else will make up for it. That is why I hate these oh this guy is a terrible tipper facebook posts, because someone out there will be overly generous and the Server is not going to go home broke.

Truth. My wife is a beautician. Sometimes she gets a nickel tip for a gorgeous 2-hour-long up-do for a woman in a wedding party and sometimes she gets a $20 tip for a simple 5-minute hair trim.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth. My wife is a beautician. Sometimes she gets a nickel tip for a gorgeous 2-hour-long up-do for a woman in a wedding party and sometimes she gets a $20 tip for a simple 5-minute hair trim.

I deliver pizzas on the weekend and its crazy I was tipped ten dollars on a 20 dollar delivery once but once I had a 5 dollar tip on one that was 250.00. I still go home averaging about 12-15 dollars an hour.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the service was terrible he was being generous.

Yep. Who knows what the service is like, but I hate the entitlement mentality that rich people should hand out huge tips "just because". To put it into a more relatable context, I make over triple than I did at one time, but I didn't start trippling my tips based on that - you give me good service, I will give you a good tip, bad service, bad tip. It's always been that way, and always will.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mother waitressed in a high end steak/seafood joint near Chicago on the weekends when I was a little boy and my father was out of work for a few years.
A big group from some church would come in for brunch every Sunday and run their server ragged, bitching and whining the whole time when all 20 of their drinks weren't refilled simultaneously or whatever, and then leave a $1 tip for the whole table...every fucking week. I'm sorry, there's no way they were really getting bad service every week. The owner should have told them to fuck off and stop patronizing his place, but he was a monstrous asshole who shook down the help for a portion of the tips they did get.

My cousin came to visit me some years ago with her family, including her really trippy and whacked out husband. They didn't have much money and I wanted them to enjoy their vacation and also not be eating crappy food myself when we were out and about, so I told them that I was picking up all the checks and that was it. They agreed but the hubby was a little embarrassed, so he said they'd handle the tips.
First meal out, we went to a little lobster/fish shack nearby that has been a favorite of mine since I moved to NE...my cousin's hubby promptly picked a fight with the waitress and chewed her out over trivial things several times. After I paid the check, he made a big production of handing the server a dollar bill and thanking her loudly for the exceptional job she did. After that revolting display, I told him that I was going to pay for everything and he was going to shut his mouth when the server was around.

A guy I worked with would invite himself along to group lunches and then refuse to pay any tip OR tax...he'd point to the menu and say, "It says here my burger was $3.95, that's all I'm going to pay!" Leaving everybody else to cover his tax at the very least, which is why he was never invited to lunch.

Sorry, in my experience people who tip miserably are just plain miserable assholes. Fuck off and eat at home or get fast food if you don't want to tip.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly there are about 3 things a server controls. Getting to your table on time, getting your order right and keeping your drink full ( if its water or pop), everything other than that is someone elses deal so I never penalize the server if my food was cooked wrong, if it takes too long to get my food or if my alcoholic beverage takes too long. Some people dont get all the moving parts in a restaurant and take their frustrations out on the server when 90% of the time there isnt a dman thing they can do about it. Not knowing the sitaution exactly its tough to comment but i never leave less than 15% ever and its only that low if my service was horrendous.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Who knows what the service is like, but I hate the entitlement mentality that rich people should hand out huge tips "just because". To put it into a more relatable context, I make over triple than I did at one time, but I didn't start trippling my tips based on that - you give me good service, I will give you a good tip, bad service, bad tip. It's always been that way, and always will.

The thing is, customers just don't benefit from tipping in restaurants.

I go to a handful of sports bars pretty regularly and tip well there but I actually get something from that tipping in the way of free drinks, better liquor if I ordered a mixed drink, better service, etc. I get nothing from tipping big in a restaurant though. I could leave a $10,000 tip on a $60 lunch and the waiter would have no idea who I was if I showed up two weeks later. I would just be another guy.

I don't know if the story about LeSean McCoy is true or not but I think it's a pretty bad idea to go public with someone's receipt that way. I know I would avoid a place that did that.